2024 Football Schedule

W.E.D

Some teams are starting to leak.  We can deduce some games.

8/31 - Uknown
9/7 - Cal
9/14 - New Mex
10/5 - at UGA
11/30 - at BamaAug. 31: Alabama A&M
Sep. 7: Cal
Sep. 14: New Mexico
Sep. 21: Arkansas
Sep. 28: Oklahoma
Oct. 5: at Georgia
Oct. 12: BYE
Oct. 19: at Missouri
Oct. 26: at Kentucky
Nov. 2: Vanderbilt
Nov. 9: BYE
Nov. 16: UL Monroe
Nov. 23: Texas A&M
Nov. 30 at Alabama

Interesting UGA will play Bama/Auburn back to back.  Tough game for them before the Deep South Oldest Rivalry 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

Florida and South Carolina get HOSED. A&M makes out like a bandit--aside from having a new coach it all sets up very well for them.

Edited by AUwent

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Florida and South Carolina get HOSED. A&M makes out like a bandit--aside from having a new coach it all sets up very well for them.

We need the schedules ! 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

We need the schedules ! 

image.jpeg

(I realize this is just opponents/locations but still. All dates are released a week from tonight.)

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Unless the conference makes adjustments it seems like one year your schedule will be impossible and the next rather manageable. For Auburn in 2025, we have Texas, Tennessee, LSU, OM, and Florida on the table on top of Bama and Georgia. 

Can’t imagine any of these schools complaining about schedules though. They voted and asked for. Admin, not fans. No South Carolina fan in their right mind would want Texas and OU in their conference. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

If I had to guess, we will either get TAMU or OU in mid to late November. We need a big late season home game since IB and DSOR are away. 

We've played TAMU a lot in November.  I'd like them before the Iron Bowl.  They aren't going to be very good next year.

Give me Oklahoma early with a TrFr QB

• Like 1

When does one of our beat writers spill the beans on Auburn’s schedule?  ESPN shouldn’t be allowed to control every narrative in college football.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

When does one of our beat writers spill the beans on Auburn’s schedule?  ESPN shouldn’t be allowed to control every narrative in college football.  

fwiw SEC is mad at ESPN for leaking some of the schedule.  What's more, the SEC wants to build this up and create an entire TV show out of the schedule release.  This isn't ESPN controlling the situation 

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

fwiw SEC is mad at ESPN for leaking some of the schedule.  What's more, the SEC wants to build this up and create an entire TV show out of the schedule release.  This isn't ESPN controlling the situation 

ESPN/Greg Sankey…not much difference.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The SEC can calm down too.  As someone who used to make attempts to go to away games it was nice having an idea about which weekend certain games would be.  Hotels will usually let you make reservations a year out so if you were traveling to Athens, Tuscaloosa you could typically assume Bama the Saturday after Thanksgiving and Georgia the week or two before.  If you don’t book right when they become available good luck staying within a 30 minute drive.  If you do find one closer to the season you’re going to pay a lot of money to stay in a crappy Days Inn.

20 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

The SEC can calm down too.  As someone who used to make attempts to go to away games it was nice having an idea about which weekend certain games would be.  Hotels will usually let you make reservations a year out so if you were traveling to Athens, Tuscaloosa you could typically assume Bama the Saturday after Thanksgiving and Georgia the week or two before.  If you don’t book right when they become available good luck staying within a 30 minute drive.  If you do find one closer to the season you’re going to pay a lot of money to stay in a crappy Days Inn.

You know the exact dates of those games still. The Iron Bowl doesn't change.

What's even better is well know game times for 80% of the games. They'll all get announced pre season vs waiting 6-13 days before hand.

So planning will be much better for you 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I don’t see any SEC team going undefeated any longer.. It’s near impossible 
The SEC champion will have multiple losses each season...

Not sure I agree with that. Everyone still has 8 games and mostly the same level of difficulty

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Unless the conference makes adjustments it seems like one year your schedule will be impossible and the next rather manageable. For Auburn in 2025, we have Texas, Tennessee, LSU, OM, and Florida on the table on top of Bama and Georgia. 

Can’t imagine any of these schools complaining about schedules though. They voted and asked for. Admin, not fans. No South Carolina fan in their right mind would want Texas and OU in their conference. 

I don't think it is determined yet if we will play Georgia in 2025. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, woodford said:

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't think it is determined yet if we will play Georgia in 2025. 

They’ll cobble together another schedule for 2025 in the same method as ‘24 before going to a permanent route (nine games)  in 2026.

I could be wrong but I think all 24 of the rumored permanent matchups from back in March are on the 2024 schedule (UAT, UGA and Vandy for us obviously are). (Edit: I WAS wrong—Florida doesn’t play either USCe OR Oklahoma, their two rumored permas alongside UGA.)

Edited by AUwent

There is no way that UAT allows us to play Vandy the week before IB while they play @ Oklahoma. Which I get.

Edited by AUwent

14 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

Who is Auburns 4th OOC game?

See cbo’s post above. 

Edited by gr82be
Never mind, looked at it wrong.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly just based on the roster prediction . It would not surprise me if we go 6-6 or 7-5 again. 

Which roster prediction?