2024 Football Schedule

W.E.D

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Let's ignore who we lost to.

God help us if Thorne throws for 200 yards. The optimism will be off the charts

You will still be here to balance it out for sure.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

It’s a vicious cycle and when we don’t meet their standards , they will say the team is too young. Missouri is improving , you can’t over look Kentucky , Arkansas we should win but the caveat is they have Petrino back , Oklahoma will be good , Texas A&M is still talented.

Agree on all except Arkansas.  We *should* be able to count wins against the 4 OOC teams, Vandy and Arkansas.  Every other team we're probably less talented than.  A&M will be interesting.  They'll be better coaches and still have solid talent.  Remember, it's been proven that Hugh historically loses to a team that he's a large favorite in, so we probably get blown out by Cal.

What's more...ppl want to throw out class rankings but then forget that essentially 0 recruits are left from the 20, 21, 22 classes.  They are a black hole.  We have talented 1st and 2nd year players then stop gaps transfers duct taping the roster together.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DAG said:

People are using the same arguments  that make no sense. OU loss to Oklahoma state this year and would dog walk us. 

Not on the road. Most Oklahoma team struggle on the road. Regardless of how talented they are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Let's ignore who we lost to.

We’re not, but let’s also not ignore how Oklahoma typically plays on the road no matter how talented they are.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not on the road. Most Oklahoma team struggle on the road. Regardless of how talented they are.

Thats fine but seeing as you guys have stated we are in a rebuild, I would caution blatantly dismissing them.  I also don’t think it’s accurate to use Oklahoma state has some measuring stick as it is a rivalry game and most teams play way above their heads when it comes to rivalries. Additionally, next year they will have a point to prove being in the SEC for the first time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thats fine but seeing as you guys have stated we are in a rebuild, I would caution blatantly dismissing them.  I also don’t think it’s accurate to use Oklahoma state has some measuring stick as it is a rivalry game and most teams play way above their heads when it comes to rivalries. Additionally, next year they will have a point to prove being in the SEC for the first time. 

10-2 Oklahoma who beat Texas vs 6-6 Auburn who had a really good stretch vs Arkansas, Vandy, and Miss State

We're a lock to win

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Schedule sets up about as well as you can hope. Looks like 7 wins to me, unless we get significant upgrades in the portal. 

I think 7 games is absolutely fair unless transfer portal picks . Either that or we better hope our young guys are just straight savages right out the gate. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think 7 games is absolutely fair unless transfer portal picks . Either that or we better hope our young guys are just straight savages right out the gate. 

For some, our roster only sucks AFTER the games. 

We still have a long way to go. In 2024, I'm hoping to see real improvement over the course of the season. And not just because we are playing Vandy and LA Monroe. 

• Like 1

7 seems fair.  Upset on of Kentucky or Mizzou.  Both are replacing a good bit of players, Mizzou especially.  They have some elite talent coming back, but gotta hope the portal adds are a bust

• Like 4

Yeah 6 wins again would be considered a failure. 7 is fine so long as we keep killing it in recruiting, 8 would be gr8!

Edited by AUwent

This season kind of showed me that right now Hugh and these players are capable of beating anyone...but are also unfortunately capable of losing to almost anyone too. 

7-5 seems like a good initial prediction for next year. Win some games against some good teams, maybe pull off a big upset, but also very possible we lose a game or two that we are favored in or 'should win'. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah 6 wins again would be considered a failure. 7 is fine so long as we keep killing it in recruiting, 8 would be gr8!

If we win our bowl game eight will only be one more win next season and that would not make it great. That would make it solid at best.

Just now, ellitor said:

If we win our bowl game eight will only be one more win next season and that would not make it great. That would make it solid at best.

Yeah, I decided to not really factor non-playoff bowl games into my expectations. Not that I don't care, it's more because. I can have a better gauge on progress earlier. 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, arein0 said:

Surprised we don't have a home game in October

If we are going to have 5 home games in a row it would be nice for that to be October and not September when it is blazing hot. Only 3 games at home in October and November. They did this to us two years ago too!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This season kind of showed me that right now Hugh and these players are capable of beating anyone...but are also unfortunately capable of losing to almost anyone too. 

7-5 seems like a good initial prediction for next year. Win some games against some good teams, maybe pull off a big upset, but also very possible we lose a game or two that we are favored in or 'should win'. 

Agreed. I’d lean towards those bad losses becoming more rare though. Next fall will not be live and breathe recruiting like this year. CHF and staff HAD to recruit like their lives depended on it. That will slowly ease up once they lock down some guys IMO

That being said, the 25 class will be ridiculous.