9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Quarterbacks:

• Payton Thorne RS SR
  • Robby Ashford RS JR
  • Holden Geriner RS SO
  • Hank Brown RS FR
  • Walker White FR
  Reveal hidden contents

It is expected for Robby Ashford to likely hit the portal in the summer. If that happens I expect Auburn to push harder for a quality backup in the portal. There are some ramblings about Cam Ward but I don't think Auburn agrees with the price tag; until he visits I wouldn't expect anything there. Hank Brown and Holden will be interesting to track.

Walker White will more than likely redshirt this season. He has a lot of the physical tools needed to be great but I think his decision making will need some improvement. All the talk about quarterback can be fun but I fully expect Thorne to be our starter.

Running Backs:

• Brian Battie SR
  • Jarquez Hunter SR
  • Damari Alston JR
  • Sean Jackson RS JR
  • Jeremiah Cobb SO
  Reveal hidden contents

It is a loaded group and I don't expect anyone to leave. I honestly don't think we add anyone here but we'll need at least two dudes in the following class.

Wide Receivers:

• Koy Moore RS SR
  • Ja'Varrius Johnson SR
  • Robert Lewis SR - Transfer from Georgia State
  • Camden Brown JR
  • Jay Fair JR
  • Caleb Burton RS SO
  • Bryce Cain FR
  • Malcolm Simmons FR
  • Perry Thompson FR
  • Cam Coleman FR
  Reveal hidden contents

We have four awesome high schoolers coming in and an incredibly productive transfer. I am very excited for this group and I think we see the freshmen contributing early. There are some talks that Fair could be on the way out and Ja'Varrius Johnson is one to watch too since he tried so slide out a season ago.

We will probably take one more transfer in this class and Ryan Williams if we can pull off the flip.

Tight Ends:

• Rivaldo Fairweather SR
  • Luke Deal SR
  • Brandon Frazier SR
  • Micah Riley RS FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Auburn needs more pass catching TEs and a plan for Deal's departure. We could very realistically take two TEs in the portal if we find the right fits. The high school TE class has not been kind to us this cycle. As of now we're poised to only have one returning TE come the 2025-26 football season.

Offensive Tackles:

• Dillon Wade SR
  • Izavion Miller SR
  • Jaden Muskrat RS SR
  • Seth Wilfred SO - JUCO Transfer from Snow College
  • Clay Wedin RS SO
  • Tyler Johnson RS SO
  Reveal hidden contents

Auburn again is hitting the portal for some tackle talent. There are still a few high school kids we are looking to add as well. Obviously losing three after this upcoming season puts us in a tight spot otherwise. I like having Wade and Miller back. Muskrat is a great utility piece.

Offensive Guards:

• Jeremiah Wright SR
  • EJ Harris RS SO
  • Bradyn Joiner RS FR
  • Dylan Senda RS FR
  • DeAndre Carter FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Another spot where the portal will be huge. Wright should lock down one of the starting guard spots. Carter has some serious upside and might be this year's Connor Lew; the staff doesn't pull a kid all the way from California without having high expectations.

Center:

• Tate Johnson RS SR
  • Connor Lew SO
  Reveal hidden contents

This is a position that can't be this thin. However, I would say there are a few guards and tackles that could shift to this spot in a jam. We have some versatility across the line.

Edge:

• Jalen McLeod RS SR
  • Brenton Williams RS FR
  • Jamonta Waller FR
  Reveal hidden contents

McLeod for another year would be huge. I do believe Waller is another instant-impact-freshman. Ron Roberts' defense really needs that stud off the edge to function at its best; all defenses do but his could really improve if Waller is the real deal.

Defensive Ends:

• Zykevious Walker RS SR
  • Keldric Faulk SO
  • Darron Reed RS FR
  Reveal hidden contents

This is a position we're hoping to fill with some last minute recruiting pushes. Reed has had some good reports from those around the program and Faulk flashed a lot of potential throughout the season. Walker is just a good experienced vet for the young guys to learn from.

Defensive Tackle:

• Marcus Harris GRAD
  • Justin Rogers SR
  • Jayson Jones RS SR
  • Quientrail Jamison-Travis RS JR JUCO
  • Malik Blocton FR
  • TJ Lindsey FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Auburn has to get better on the defensive line next season. We have to be better at stopping inside runs and generating pressure. Hopefully we aren't rushing just two.

Linebackers:

• Wesley Steiner SR
  • Cam Riley SR
  • Eugene Asante RS SR
  • Austin Keys RS SR
  • Robert Woodyard RS SO
  • Powell Gordon RS SO
  • Joseph Phillips FR
  • Demarcus Riddick FR
  • D'Angelo Barber FR
  Reveal hidden contents

It is somewhat nice we have a lot of returning players. However, I hope seniority doesn't win out because Riley, Steiner, and others haven't been the most reliable. Riddick is the real deal and I think both Phillips and Barber could see the field early.

Cornerbacks:

• Keionte Scott SR
  • Champ Anthony JR
  • JD Rhym RS SO
  • Kayin Lee SO
  • JC Hart RS FR
  • Colton Hood RS FR
  • Tyler Scott RS FR
  • A'mon Lane FR
  • Jalyn Crawford FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Scott staying is a nice win. Rhym showed flashes and Lee played well as a freshman.

Safety:

• Donovan Kaufman RS SR
  • Zion Puckett SR
  • Caleb Wooden JR
  • Terrance Love RS SO
  • CJ Johnson RS FR
  • Sylvester Smith RS FR
  • Kensley Faustin FR
  • Kaleb Harris FR
  • Laquan Robinson JUCO FR
  Reveal hidden contents

I think we're really comfortable with the group returning. I like this combination of players.

Kicker:

• Alex McPherson RS SO

M Harris is gone to the NFL, is he not?

9 hours ago, Zeek said:
  • Clay Wedin RS SO
  • Tyler Johnson RS SO
9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Terrance Love RS SO

These should be RS FR

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Micah Riley RS FR

He'll be a RS Soph

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

M Harris is gone to the NFL, is he not?

@bigbird noted a day or so ago that the current thinking was 'yes.'    His little brother just signed his AU NIL and at the ceremony mom talked about having both of them close.    How many opportunities do you have to play ball in the SEC with your little brother?  Marcus could benefit by returning.  He could also really benefit his little bro, just by being there.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

@bigbird noted a day or so ago that the current thinking was 'yes.'    His little brother just signed his AU NIL and at the ceremony mom talked about having both of them close.    How many opportunities do you have to play ball in the SEC with your little brother?  Marcus could benefit by returning.  He could also really benefit his little bro, just by being there.  

I hope he returns too... 

• Like 2

I feel a little better about next year looking at this roster.  I thought guys like Asanta and Fairweather were gone.  Lots of seniors on defense with good young talent nipping at their heels.  I gotta believe one of those freshmen WRs will standout.  Oline returns 4 guys who saw decent snaps so should have decent chemistry.  Outside NMSU it seemed like Hugh’s contributions had the offense moving in a positive direction.  Maybe next season they can continue that improvement 

Marcus Harris turning pro is a little sad. Wanted another year with him.

• Like 3

Just now, Zeek said:

Marcus Harris turning pro is a little sad. Wanted another year with him.

Yep when I saw @bigbird's post above I was momentarily elated....  then I read the whole thing...   I really hope he kills it at the next level...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He that tooteth not his own horn...

That's not tooting anything. That's confirmation to what LP was referencing. 

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

We have four awesome high schoolers coming in and an incredibly productive transfer. I am very excited for this group and I think we see the freshmen contributing early. There are some talks that Fair could be on the way out and Ja'Varrius Johnson is one to watch too since he tried so slide out a season ago.

Really wish Fair would not go. He showed flashes early in the season...and I have always loved JJ.....on the flipside....This room is about to be lit....(not even going to mention if the flip candidate does indeed flip....because I'd hve to log off and find the wife for abou 3-4 minutes and come back to finish my post  lol. ..

PT and CC are instant impact players and day 1 starters. R. Lewis is a play maker with the ball in his hands so even if Var and Fair leave I feel good about the slot with Lewis and Burton who seemed to come along towards season's end...then Cain and Simmons will see some PT as well I think. 

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

Tight Ends:

• Rivaldo Fairweather SR
  • Luke Deal SR
  • Brandon Frazier SR
  • Micah Riley RS FR

RF and MR will be our go to TEs in passing game I think. We definitely need to secure some good ones in this 25 class and the portal

14 hours ago, Zeek said:
Spoiler

Another spot where the portal will be huge. Wright should lock down one of the starting guard spots. Carter has some serious upside and might be this year's Connor Lew; the staff doesn't pull a kid all the way from California without having high expectations.

I agree with Wright...barring portal additions right now I see Wright and Senda or Muskrat sliding in as the starting guards in 24.

14 hours ago, Zeek said:
  • Tate Johnson RS SR
  • Connor Lew SO
  Hide contents

This is a position that can't be this thin. However, I would say there are a few guards and tackles that could shift to this spot in a jam. We have some versatility across the line.

Wasn't Braden Joiner the #1 ranked C in the class according to one site. He could definitely work in a pinch

14 hours ago, Zeek said:
Spoiler

It is somewhat nice we have a lot of returning players. However, I hope seniority doesn't win out because Riley, Steiner, and others haven't been the most reliable. Riddick is the real deal and I think both Phillips and Barber could see the field early.

Only thing that will hold Riddick back from seeing the field early is just learning to play the position. I could see him being a 20-30 snap a game player if that happens year 1 if not even starting.  I agree on Barber, too. I think he is just a work horse...a more talented Deshaun Davis type. He will see the field and probably be a big contributor on special teams.  

Lot of people have Phillips as a Jack on the edge and I think he may very well be used there due to numbers alone but I think he ends up being a box LB.  He is a versatile player though and a could see field early at either spot. 

The Secondary is where I start breaking nervous. It was huge for Scott to come back. I think Lee will lock down one CB but I don't know on the other. If Rhym stays I could see it being him. If not then I am just not sure. 

I am hoping some of last years haul take giant strides and are ready to be key contributors in 24. I.E. Hood, Smith, Hart etc.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's not tooting anything. That's confirmation to what LP was referencing. 

My bad…”He that tooteth not LP’s horn…” 😎

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 8:49 AM, Zeek said:

Quarterbacks:

• Payton Thorne RS SR
  • Robby Ashford RS JR
  • Holden Geriner RS SO
  • Hank Brown RS FR
  • Walker White FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Running Backs:

• Brian Battie SR
  • Jarquez Hunter SR
  • Damari Alston JR
  • Sean Jackson RS JR
  • Jeremiah Cobb SO
  Reveal hidden contents

Wide Receivers:

• Koy Moore RS SR
  • Ja'Varrius Johnson SR
  • Robert Lewis SR - Transfer from Georgia State
  • Camden Brown JR
  • Jay Fair JR
  • Caleb Burton RS SO
  • Bryce Cain FR
  • Malcolm Simmons FR
  • Perry Thompson FR
  • Cam Coleman FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Tight Ends:

• Rivaldo Fairweather SR
  • Luke Deal SR
  • Brandon Frazier SR
  • Micah Riley RS FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Offensive Tackles:

• Dillon Wade SR
  • Izavion Miller SR
  • Jaden Muskrat RS SR
  • Seth Wilfred SO - JUCO Transfer from Snow College
  • Clay Wedin RS SO
  • Tyler Johnson RS SO
  Reveal hidden contents

Offensive Guards:

• Jeremiah Wright SR
  • EJ Harris RS SO
  • Bradyn Joiner RS FR
  • Dylan Senda RS FR
  • DeAndre Carter FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Center:

• Tate Johnson RS SR
  • Connor Lew SO
  Reveal hidden contents

Edge:

• Jalen McLeod RS SR
  • Brenton Williams RS FR
  • Jamonta Waller FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Defensive Ends:

• Zykevious Walker RS SR
  • Keldric Faulk SO
  • Darron Reed RS FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Defensive Tackle:

• Marcus Harris GRAD
  • Justin Rogers SR
  • Jayson Jones RS SR
  • Quientrail Jamison-Travis RS JR JUCO
  • Malik Blocton FR
  • TJ Lindsey FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Linebackers:

• Wesley Steiner SR
  • Cam Riley SR
  • Eugene Asante RS SR
  • Austin Keys RS SR
  • Robert Woodyard RS SO
  • Powell Gordon RS SO
  • Joseph Phillips FR
  • Demarcus Riddick FR
  • D'Angelo Barber FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Cornerbacks:

• Keionte Scott SR
  • Champ Anthony JR
  • JD Rhym RS SO
  • Kayin Lee SO
  • JC Hart RS FR
  • Colton Hood RS FR
  • Tyler Scott RS FR
  • A'mon Lane FR
  • Jalyn Crawford FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Safety:

• Donovan Kaufman RS SR
  • Zion Puckett SR
  • Caleb Wooden JR
  • Terrance Love RS SO
  • CJ Johnson RS FR
  • Sylvester Smith RS FR
  • Kensley Faustin FR
  • Kaleb Harris FR
  • Laquan Robinson JUCO FR
  Reveal hidden contents

Kicker:

• Alex McPherson RS SO

You missed your chance Zeek. This post should have been titled: State of The Uni. Thank you for the info and write up.

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Haha 1

The roster turn around is pretty amazing.  Time to focus on the big guys in the trenches. 

For the first time, in a long time,,, I see where we are going.  It feels like,,, what is it,,, optimism!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

...because I'd hve to log off and find the wife for abou 3-4 minutes and come back to finish my post  lol. ..

Easy big fella, she's with child...

36 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

How do you know something about 2A's wife that he doesn't...?

He sent me a pic of her baby bump....  I don't think it is a case of lack of awareness on his part as much as it is a case of wishful thinking😀

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

9 damn safeties?!?

Includes nickels so it's a little deceptive.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

They might as well not even try to throw the ball.

I mean we see how dropping 9 has worked in the past 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3