DJ Durkin to be named DC

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'll add... most the people (especially in Twitter and Social media spaces) griping about his background have no clue what actually happened. 

I’m less concerned about the player death. I’m more concerned about the alleged abuse of players and the odd meeting where players just walked out on him. Wish there was more info on what he said that ticked everyone off. Just odd that we would fire a DC accused of being abusive to hire one who has been accused of the same thing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Maybe. I gave my opinion on what I think happened, based on the available information. I've been wrong before. 

What I do know is some people on here will suddenly believe Durkin was the top choice, whether or not that is accurate. Not saying that's you but it's the way it works. 

People going to believe what they want. At the end of the day, let's hope he is the right choice. Of course his past will follow him and best be sure if Saban had hired those same people would be spreading that same past. He has a football acumen that is respected at the very least.

• Like 3

Anyone know anything about Durkin’s scheme? I know he ran a base 3-2-6 dime at Ole Miss. But I think that was a Lane Kiffin demand because they continued to run that after Durkin left. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ah yes the hated Nick Saban. 

We've now reached the point of "it's a good move if Bama thought about doing it." 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

We've now reached the point of "it's a good move if Bama thought about doing it." 

I have always respected GOAT saban eye for talent that is for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://247sports.com/coach/dj-durkin-152/

https://247sports.com/coach/derrick-nix-287/

We got ourselves a good croootin staff bay baaaaaay!!!!! Yessssir! I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Man if Auburn doesn't get something substantive out of this Freeze hire, they're going to have eat a ton of ish for the entirety of the 2020s. From Harsin on, just a Sisyphus-like story. There's nothing that can make any of this "feel" right, but they gotta at least get a natty out of this to validate the nastiness. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, cbo said:

He was almost a 5* coach. Now he drops to a 3*. 

• Haha 2

Glad they got a hire before spring, but I just don’t want to hear about “building a culture” anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Kiffen and DJ were immediately identified as 1a/1b.  CHF wanted CK more due to personal familiarity, but CJG and CJT have experience with DJ. 

We waited until CK could talk, interviewed (he interviewed with NFL teams also), gave Him through the weekend to make a decision, and made our choice. Both obviously had contracts ready to execute. 

The defensive system needs to be in place before the start of spring training. So it wasn't like Auburn had a lot of time to wait on Chris Kiffen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

The defensive system needs to be in place before the start of spring training. So it wasn't like Auburn had a lot of time to wait on Chris Kiffen. 

@Chaotic_zx Spring Ball likely starts at the end of Feb. so we had another 3+ weeks.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I'm going to be real honest and up front with you all. I do not care. I'm tired of Auburn losing. I will not sit here clutching pearls like a lot of Auburn fans. If he helps Auburn win, I am glad. I do however wish some of you were held to the same standard that you want for others. As in you should be banished/canceled for things you are not even liable for. 

giphy.gif

Only thing that is getting banished/ canceled around here are posters lol. The coaches making millions that you will turn against if they lose sure aren’t.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Chaotic_zx Spring Ball likely starts at the end of Feb. so we had another 3+ weeks.

I'm not sure three weeks is enough time. Last season, Auburn had people missing assignments up to and including the Alabama game. I personally think they need as much time as possible. A spring game would be a great opportunity to practice it.  

• Like 3

Wait and see. Seems like a Derrick Mason kind of hire… another SEC retred who has some good numbers in the past. 

Edited by GreenTiger
  • Facepalm 2