If we could come together… but of course we won’t.

I am an independent that leans a little left right now in the current political climate. I wish more folks would go out to vote for Haley. While I don’t agree with her politics completely, Haley has several things both Trump and Biden don’t… most notably clarity in thinking. Both Trump and Biden are clearly suffering from dementia. Yet they are the front runners for the election?? Seriously… how? Why? I’ll be very forward. Even though I lean a little left, I plan to vote for Haley in the primary. It is time for for extremists and folks in mental decline to leave politics. It is time for America to come together, stop listening to BS over wedge issues and actually being in someone that has the ability to be a good chief executive.

But, it’s becoming incredibly hard to be optimistic. Why can’t why just ask the right questions??

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3

We've got Biden because he was the safest, most moderate candidate to beat Trump in 2020, which he did, and the reality is that only 1 time in US history has an elected incumbent president been denied the nomination by his party for the next election, and that was in 1852. 

Thinking Dems would replace Biden on the ticket was always going to be a fantasy. That just doesn't happen in US politics. 

For Republicans, They like populism and strong man/revenge vibes that Trump gives off. Competence isn't something Republican primary voters care much about as long as the nominee has the right demeanor and says what they want to hear. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Thinking Dems would replace Biden on the ticket was always going to be a fantasy. That just doesn't happen in US politics. 

Agree but I think many thought he would  withdraw to increase his party’s chances. Ie Johnson in ‘68. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We've got Biden because he was the safest, most moderate candidate to beat Trump in 2020, which he did, and the reality is that only 1 time in US history has an elected incumbent president been denied the nomination by his party for the next election, and that was in 1852. 

For Republicans, They like populism and strong man/revenge vibes that Trump gives off. Competence isn't something Republican primary voters care much about as long as the nominee has the right demeanor and says what they want to hear. 

Neither party cares about competence. It’s about a victory. 

• Like 2

Both parties have embraced positions that wouldn’t have even been questions 20 years ago: One refused to take border integrity seriously for years and got mired in weird social experiments while the other cow tow’d to Russian/Putin expansion and  has dangerously hurt democratic principles and institutions. Neither side seems to have any coherent fiscal, geopolitical, or fed vs states rights positions - which used to be where the parties clashed.  It’s now debates over … bud light. IMO it’s not about coming together ideologically anymore - it’s kinda like mending a swiftie vs kardashian squabble.

• Thanks 2

On 1/30/2024 at 9:48 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

He is demented. Trump is a flaming narcissist. They both suck as nominees. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

He is demented. Trump is a flaming narcissist. They both suck as nominees. 

Maybe so, but the reality is that unless they end up in a nursing home or prison then those ARE going to be the nominees.

Trump is dominating Haley, and Phillips and Williamson have next to no support from voters in the Dem primary. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

On 1/30/2024 at 11:09 PM, autigeremt said:

It’s about a victory. 

Agree. Unfortunately the politician’s victory is our defeat. 

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree. Unfortunately the politician’s victory is our defeat. 

Thank you for saying what had to be said. When do we get real nominees?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:38 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe so, but the reality is that unless they end up in a nursing home or prison then those ARE going to be the nominees.

Trump is dominating Haley, and Phillips and Williamson have next to no support from voters in the Dem primary. 

That this is the case strongly challenges the notion that we have an informed electorate.  The former Soviet Union would look at these two guys we're trotting out and say "damn, we just thought our guys were old and tired."

On 1/30/2024 at 2:21 AM, ScotsAU said:

I am an independent that leans a little left right now in the current political climate. I wish more folks would go out to vote for Haley. While I don’t agree with her politics completely, Haley has several things both Trump and Biden don’t… most notably clarity in thinking. Both Trump and Biden are clearly suffering from dementia. Yet they are the front runners for the election?? Seriously… how? Why? I’ll be very forward. Even though I lean a little left, I plan to vote for Haley in the primary. It is time for for extremists and folks in mental decline to leave politics. It is time for America to come together, stop listening to BS over wedge issues and actually being in someone that has the ability to be a good chief executive.

But, it’s becoming incredibly hard to be optimistic. Why can’t why just ask the right questions??

Haley says America has never been racist and you think she has clarity in thinking?

And does your expertise apply to diagnosing dementia? If so, please elaborate on your training and the specifics of your diagnoses.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 2:21 AM, ScotsAU said:

Haley is my man! Sorry, she is the candidate that I am voting for.