Men vs UK Game Thread

Just now, Tigerfinz said:

With the amount of big time recruits at this game, we really need a comeback win here.  All the hype deserves better results. 

Our guards need to step it up. Poor performance so far

We have generally made good halftime adjustments this year. Hopefully Bruce comes up with something good. That might be sloppiest half we’ve played in some time and we’re only down 10. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m done with this thread. None of you negative a**holes were here when we blew the doors off of USCjr, but you come in here throwing your slime. 

I hope you keep that ******* energy if we win. 

They only show up when we lose. What kind of miserable fans do that!?? It’s like they get off of us losing. I hate it!!!! Certain posters make losing even more miserable than usual. Some of us have to fan the flames for people jumping off the deep end. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Think he’s right in what way? What kind of logic is this?!

I think the players bought into-got distracted by the hype. We don't appear to be intensely  focused.

It's mental.

Edited by homersapien

I have stayed away for a reason tonight but I am predicting that we pull this one out.  

if I am wrong, all the Chicken Littles can let me have it.  

If I am right, they can all suck it. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s funny is everyone acts like Kentucky doesn’t have 1st rounders everywhere. KY is as talented as anyone. They are handling Neville with no problem 

Like a true Blue Blood expects to do. Even if they aren’t having the better season. 

• Like 2

Just now, homersapien said:

I think the players bought into the hype. We don't appear to be intensely  focused. It's mental.

That’s not what I’m talking about. He said he wants the streak to end. That is one of the most repulsive things a fan can say…. 😡😤🤬😠👿

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Our guards need to step it up. Poor performance so far

Tre getting those 2 quick fouls messed up our rotation.  Holloway just hasn't been good enough to take up the slack lately. Jones is a nice surprise being able to play the point.  With his Defense ability he can really be a difference maker of he continues to shoot well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCAubs said:

I have stayed away for a reason tonight but I am predicting that we pull this one out.  

if I am wrong, all the Chicken Littles can let me have it.  

If I am right, they can all suck it. 

And, yet..here you are.😆

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

That’s not what I’m talking about. He said he wants the streak to end. That is one of the most repulsive things a fan can say…. 😡😤🤬😠👿

He did not say he wants the streak to end..where did he say that? 😂

• Thanks 2

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

And, yet..here you are.😆

The reason was family.  I will also disappear in the second half.  

For me just keeping things into perspective. Yes Auburn has had several blow outs but some issues still exist if everyone isn’t contributing. No floor general, not the greatest from three and no real go to guy to keep u afloat until everyone else gets going

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

you blew that out of proportion he said he expected it he did not say he wanted to happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

on O we need to isolate Broome low & let him shoot or pass out of a double team … need either Williams or Jones (maybe CBM) on the wings & hope they can knock down a couple … on D we’ve got to cut off the penetration & make em beat us from deep … they’ve hit pretty much everything they’ve thrown up so far so hopefully they won’t stay that hot … need to be within 4 by the und 12 media timeout 

This team can turn it around, but Jaylin has to get going on offense and KD needs to ride the bench.  Feels like we were caught off guard by their speed. 

Also maybe Bruce will tell the bigs to grab a rebound at the rim rather than throwing up a hundred tap back bricks. 

Basketball is a game of matchups. A lot of us knew this wasn’t a good one and Kentucky is dangerous because even though they haven’t played like it they still have more talent than us.

I do think this game would be different if Kentucky didn’t lose 3 in a row at home before ole miss . They are sadly due for a big win…

4 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Tre getting those 2 quick fouls messed up our rotation.  Holloway just hasn't been good enough to take up the slack lately. Jones is a nice surprise being able to play the point.  With his Defense ability he can really be a difference maker of he continues to shoot well.

Agreed. Denver can be a playmaker, we're going to need him to be

• Like 1