Auburn Has Officially Signed with Nike

CR

14 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Uunder armor has had pushing 20 years to increase their profile such that it benefits Auburn beyond just the cash.  They didn’t.  

The truth of the matter is that UA has declined to the point of relative obscurity in sports equipment (shoes/cleats), they've failed to revolutionize any equipment of substance and offer an inferior product.  The stock shares Auburn acquired when the contract was executed is all but worthless and from outside appearances it looks like UA is removing themselves from college athletics altogether. 

I can't imagine why there are any serious negotiations with UA on the table, other than Auburn acting in good faith due to the long relationship.  You go with the best brand who offers competitive $$ and you market your brand accordingly & carry on with your business. :dunno:

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

JLee stated on the Sunday call_in show that he expects Auburn to go with Nike apparel and Jumpman shoes. He said he would be shocked it didn't happen that way. Went on to say that Auburn football doesn't have a strong feeling about it but Bruce Pearl does.

Meaning Nike uniforms and Air Jordan shoes. If it happens I cannot see a bigger winner here than Auburn basketball.

Oh my…

47 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

UA = Under Achiever. 

Was a fad apparel that has overstayed it's welcome at Auburn.

Protect This House  >>> circa 2003

Click-Clack  >>> circa 2010

12 hours ago, eaglenest said:

What has the Jordan brand done for Florida? let me ask you this, are you against Nike because of Tuscaloosa or because you don't like Nike? Labron has a brand, FLA a/m right now is his lone endorsement, I would take his brand over Jordan..

Did you mean to reply/quote someone else?

If me: No issue with Nike.  To my understanding it would be Nike uniforms and Jumpman shoes.  Where did I say I don’t want Nike?  I just said I don’t have a problem with the Jumpman logo.    

Don’t give a damn what Tuscaloosa or Gainesville are doing or have done.  Not sure how they came into the conversation?  

Lebron…NO.  He is not and never will be MJ.  But that is a different subject and not for this conversation.  

Edited by T1gerStripes

16 hours ago, T1gerStripes said:

Did you mean to reply/quote someone else?

If me: No issue with Nike.  To my understanding it would be Nike uniforms and Jumpman shoes.  Where did I say I don’t want Nike?  I just said I don’t have a problem with the Jumpman logo.    

Don’t give a damn what Tuscaloosa or Gainesville are doing or have done.  Not sure how they came into the conversation?  

Lebron…NO.  He is not and never will be MJ.  But that is a different subject and not for this conversation.  

I did not imply anything so don’t be offended. I am just stating my opinion. You did NOT say anything about jump man being on jerseys. I was speculating on what might happen and I would be pissed to have a jump man logo on our FB jerseys like UM & FL if that is part of the negotiations. Again, speculation only here since NOTHING has been said. I understand Nike’s impact on BB and that is the ONLY reason I would want it. If it means we keep Bruce and knock down multiple BB NCs because of moving to Nike it would be worth it. Sorry to disappoint but I disagree with Nike’s pro China/anti USA stance and the politics they have brought to sports which was once a unifier. You can support your causes without virtue signaling. 

War Eagle to all ! 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

I did not imply anything so don’t be offended. I am just stating my opinion. You did NOT say anything about jump man being on jerseys. I was speculating on what might happen and I would be pissed to have a jump man logo on our FB jerseys like UM & FL if that is part of the negotiations. Again, speculation only here since NOTHING has been said. I understand Nike’s impact on BB and that is the ONLY reason I would want it. If it means we keep Bruce and knock down multiple BB NCs because of moving to Nike it would be worth it. Sorry to disappoint but I disagree with Nike’s pro China/anti USA stance and the politics they have brought to sports which was once a unifier. You can support your causes without virtue signaling. 

War Eagle to all ! 

No offense.  It appears we pretty much agree on everything.  

War Eagle!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:05 PM, mustache eagle said:

Uunder armor has had pushing 20 years to increase their profile such that it benefits Auburn beyond just the cash.  They didn’t.  

That to go along with their quality sux. 

On 2/22/2024 at 9:07 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Lululemon or No bull . Best gear out there

i am sure lululemon strikes fear in the hearts of our opponents right? just a thought................

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am sure lululemon strikes fear in the hearts of our opponents right? just a thought................

Fair. In case you haven’t noticed . AU football doesn’t scare Jim or Jack s*** . We ain’t had a program worth a damn in years. It doesn’t matter if we wear Haynes or Gucci. We need to win before any apparel company gives us a deal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Fair. In case you haven’t noticed . AU football doesn’t scare Jim or Jack s*** . We ain’t had a program worth a damn in years. It doesn’t matter if we wear Haynes or Gucci. We need to win before any apparel company gives us a deal. 

Does anyone feel confident or excited when Freeze runs on the field?

The assistant coaches are gonna have to carry the load in development and success.

• Like 1

Reality is, it doesn't matter if UA is "better" than Nike or Adidas. What matters is recruiting, and reality is kids are all about Nike. Especially in BB when there are summer games sponsored by Nike. Go to a summer session sponsored by Nike or one sponsored by UnderArmor?  Um ...... which choice will a id make?

CBP has overcome a Lot recruiting obstacles for our Tigers, but he has also struck out on guys he really wanted. Was apparel the ONLY issue? Maybe not. But it was certainly ONE issue in recruiting.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AURex said:

Reality is, it doesn't matter if UA is "better" than Nike or Adidas. What matters is recruiting, and reality is kids are all about Nike. Especially in BB when there are summer games sponsored by Nike. Go to a summer session sponsored by Nike or one sponsored by UnderArmor?  Um ...... which choice will a id make?

CBP has overcome a Lot recruiting obstacles for our Tigers, but he has also struck out on guys he really wanted. Was apparel the ONLY issue? Maybe not. But it was certainly ONE issue in recruiting.

So does winning NCAA tournament games. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

well spoken sir!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AURex said:

This. Also I’m sure someone stated this, but UA shoes have been an issue in the past with injuries and durability 

• Like 1

I used to the think the bammers were the ‘kings of losing excusers,’ but damn if we don’t give ‘em a run for their money.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AUfan3333 said:

I apologize if I misread somewhere, but where do we stand on this and what is the timeframe for a decision?

Does anyone have any insight?

16 hours ago, AUfan3333 said:

Does anyone have any insight?

Not UA................... but when who knows 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not UA................... but when who knows 

WHO? dang if i do not suspect you slept in a tree last night.................grins. you do not come around enough mr golf.............

The new apparel deal will be announced with the starting QB news. That way half of us will be excited. And the other half will be wondering what just happened...

• Haha 4

FWIW, Jay G Tate stated on the last Drain that Auburn has about 16 months left with Under Armour and will sign with Nike. Stated they are keeping it from the public due to respect for Under Armor.

In other words, the university is telling us

:moon: