Auburn at Georgia basketball: TV, preview and prediction

Auburn at Georgia basketball: TV, preview and prediction

James Morgan

Fri, February 23, 2024 at 6:40 PM CST·1 min read

The Georgia Bulldogs (15-11, 5-8) basketball team finally snapped a six game losing streak earlier this week at Vanderbilt. Georgia has a massive home game against the No. 14 Auburn Tigers (20-6, 9-4) in an SEC battle on Saturday, Feb. 24 at 6:00 p.m. ET. The Georgia-Auburn game will be televised on the SEC Network.

Head coach Mike White and the Bulldogs must win against Auburn to maintain any sort of realistic NCAA Tournament hopes. Georgia is currently the No. 95 team in the country according to the NET rankings. Auburn is No. 7 in the NET rankings.

Georgia faces Auburn twice over its final five games of the regular season. The Bulldogs have to go 4-1 or 5-0 over the next five games to have a decent chance at sneaking in the NCAA Tournament. Otherwise, Georgia will have to settle for a National Invitational Tournament appearance, unless the Bulldogs can put together a magical run in the SEC Tournament.

Georgia’s leading scorer is Jabri Abdur-Rahim at 12.7 points per game.  Auburn forward Johni Broom is the Tigers’ leading scorer at 16.1 points per game. ESPN gives Auburn a 81.4% chance to defeat Georgia.

Prediction: Auburn 81, Georgia 73

Georgia will keep it interesting against Auburn since the Bulldogs are at home, but we just can’t trust this Georgia team in the second half. The Bulldogs average just 11.9 assists per game, which is No. 281 (tied) in the country. Auburn’s superior offense will be too much for the Bulldogs.

Story originally appeared on UGA Wire

watching the Ole Miss/ USC game, Allen Flannigan just got ejected for throwing a vicious elbow to the face.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kentucky doing to Bama what we figured they’d do btw 

only 1 game behind Bama if that result holds and we steal this one 

Kentucky are definitely playing up to their potential today

Off topic a little but I don’t think I’ve seen one charge this entire season and I’ve watched a lot of basketball. I know the rule changed but is it possible to draw a charge? Saw a guy from bama just run over a UK defender out of control and it was a blocking foul. 

UK has hung 92 on bama and still has 11 minutes to go in the second half!

50 minutes ago, e808 said:

Kentucky are definitely playing up to their potential today

I think they probably played as good as they did against us; they just have supreme big talent (which will kill this Bama roster every time) and plenty of guards to throw at Sears. With that being a road game, I would’ve been SHOCKED if Bama competed. 

I applaud Bama’s resilience in coming back from tough situations and winning the close ones, but they have and are going to have some coming to God moments in these last few games 

19 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think they probably played as good as they did against us; they just have supreme big talent (which will kill this Bama roster every time) and plenty of guards to throw at Sears. With that being a road game, I would’ve been SHOCKED if Bama competed. 

I applaud Bama’s resilience in coming back from tough situations and winning the close ones, but they have and are going to have some coming to God moments in these last few games 

I hope so, we need UA to drop a couple of games.  They have some weaknesses but if you can score in the 90's every game, you have a chance (unless if course you are giving up 117 pts).

• Like 2