Spring Practice - 2024 Edition

RunInRed

21 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

We saw only a handful of reps, and none of them were live. Maybe we can slow down on cementing a QB depth chart order for a few days?

What's the fun in that?

• Haha 3

On 2/28/2024 at 8:57 AM, DAG said:

O/U how many posts before “Walker white should be the starter” ?

Not over Hank Brown. Best put some respect on our future starter and hesiman winner

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not over Hank Brown. Best put some respect on our future starter and hesiman winner

Yeah people are definitely sleeping on Hank. 

• Like 2

I won't speculate on who will be our starter, but whoever wins the job hopefully will be lot better then Payne was last year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I won't speculate on who will be our starter, but whoever wins the job hopefully will be lot better then Payne was last year.

Freudian Slip...or intentional?

4 hours ago, JKClark said:

Freudian Slip...or intentional?

Intentional.

Thanks, Red. Any updates from any folks?

Edited by aucanucktiger

Will there be any scrimmages outside of Aday?

On 3/1/2024 at 2:22 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

payne was a quite a payne at times last year.................grins

On 2/29/2024 at 4:44 PM, DAG said:

Yeah people are definitely sleeping on Hank. 

My wife and daughters watched only that one drive at the end of the bowl game, and they are all fully expecting him to be the starter next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

are these guys still practicing? I haven’t heard any type of updates from anybody 

6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

are these guys still practicing? I haven’t heard any type of updates from anybody 

They practiced twice and then went on Spring Break. Will resume when classes start back up.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:13 AM, peashooter said:

What's the deal with the spring game not being televised? Is there anywhere to watch it other than being there? 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Being shown on SEC+ isn't free TV. This snub/slight/evil plan/stupid decision has yet to be explained. AU and Vandy are the only two teams in this situation. The question of WHY? still hasn't been answered.

Anybody heard anything about scrimmages or how things are going?  

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Anybody heard anything about scrimmages or how things are going?  

i have seen nothing for a few days. i thought they would have scrimmaged by now. it is a big recruiting weekend so maybe they are busy with that.

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

Looking for Spring practice material to predict our top 10 finish this year. Where is the sunshine? 

image.jpeg.1a5f4dd3d2b4a8813d29f5e123147a8b.jpeg

I don't remember any spring practice as closed off as this year. After all of the great recruiting and the returning guys, it's like sleepy corner here, like nothing being reported.

Is this because CHF wants to try to keep our opponents from catching on to some super secret players? Or just not wanting to let Auburn faithful build up expectations?

I dunno. I find this peculiar.

• Like 1

It's tough to drink the Kool-aid when nobody's making any.

7 hours ago, AURex said:

I don't remember any spring practice as closed off as this year. After all of the great recruiting and the returning guys, it's like sleepy corner here, like nothing being reported.

Is this because CHF wants to try to keep our opponents from catching on to some super secret players? Or just not wanting to let Auburn faithful build up expectations?

I dunno. I find this peculiar.

Bball + Joker’s philosophy among insiders (which, mind you, I completely understand)

A quick gander around the webs suggests we’re not the only ones BTW. Sorry to be depressing here but I can’t help but wonder if people in general are apathetic to CFB with all the changes.

Edited by AUwent

Personally, I've been apathetic to Auburn Football for several years now. Not to sound like a Debbie Downer as I love watching a competitive and well coached team play ball.  Competitive and well coached is just something that's been missing here for way too long, it feels like an uphill battle and AU's been in the cellar for a while.  

• Like 3