Spring Practice - 2024 Edition

RunInRed

On 3/23/2024 at 9:01 PM, jj3jordan said:

Thorne is always late with the ball. He will never excel as a passer in the SEC.

Same with Jason Campbell

21 hours ago, gman87 said:

Same with Jason Campbell

If PT becomes SEC Offensive POY and an NFL first rounder next season, I’ll take it.  😁

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 11:08 PM, cbo said:

Hope that's right. I fully expect Cam to be a superstar but I'm bearish on the Thorne side of that equation.

White could be great one day but I think this season is too early. Nobody knows for sure. 

I honestly believe if Cam Coleman has a lackluster year, through no fault of his own, he’s gone. That’s the game now. 

• Like 2

I believe Cam leaves as our greatest statistical WR. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I honestly believe if Cam Coleman has a lackluster year, through no fault of his own, he’s gone. That’s the game now. 

A player can have a great year and leave. That’s the game now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Both of these posts are accurate and that's a shame. My excitement over getting a talented player isn't what it used to be. The current situation doesn't warrant much excitement.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

No doubt. They can win the biletnikoff and leave,.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Both of these posts are accurate and that's a shame. My excitement over getting a talented player isn't what it used to be. The current situation doesn't warrant much excitement.

That’s how I feel. I still enjoy the game, but in my feelings, my enjoyment is at an all time low and I’ve been a fan a long time. I’m speaking of college football in its totality. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

He could but he has to be healthy and he has to actually stay at Auburn. With the way college sports is now nobody stays around anymore 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He could but he has to be healthy and he has to actually stay at Auburn. With the way college sports is now nobody stays around anymore 

100% 

But I don't see him ever leaving.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

100% 

I hope not, I hope he stays 3 years and breaks every receiving record Auburn ever had but Auburn wasn’t his first choice and we got lucky Jimbo got fired 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I hope not, I hope he stays 3 years and breaks every receiving record Auburn ever had but Auburn wasn’t his first choice and we got lucky Jimbo got fired 

I believe Auburn was his first choice, but the NIL money at A&M was to good to pass up until Jimbo got fired.

How long has it been since we have pretty much zero info from scrimmages and practices. Yes, I know our insiders are doing the best to keep us informed. But fact is, I feel like I have never had LESS info regarding Spring Practice for years. Am I missing something?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

From what I have heard, He was always coming here.  He just enjoyed the $$$ TAMU gave him to visit and commit. But that certainly helped the optics 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

100% 

Bo Nix*

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Bo Nix*

Unfortunately, I saw that coming when Gus was fired 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AURex said:

How long has it been since we have pretty much zero info from scrimmages and practices. Yes, I know our insiders are doing the best to keep us informed. But fact is, I feel like I have never had LESS info regarding Spring Practice for years. Am I missing something?

Complete speculation on my part and possibly (probably?) way off base, but I wonder if this is the start of a transition to a model where access and info moves behind an OTV membership paywall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Complete speculation on my part and possibly (probably?) way off base, but I wonder if this is the start of a transition to a model where access and info moves behind an OTV membership paywall.

Bingo.  

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 4:48 PM, bigbird said:

Agreed......but that's a low bar for someone like him. How many 1000 yard (single season) receivers have we ever had? 

It Was So Long Ago Kyle Broflovski GIF - It Was So Long Ago Kyle Broflovski South Park GIFs

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AURex said:

Stealth Hugh - he's keeping all his aces up his sleeve this year. 😎

Magic Four Of A Kind GIF - Magic Four Of A Kind Four Aces GIFs

Edited by HAPvsOA

1 hour ago, ertrader said:

Yoda Trainer GIF - Yoda Trainer Star Wars GIFs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AURex said:

I was thinking the same thing. I’ve never seen it this quiet during spring practices 

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I was thinking the same thing. I’ve never seen it this quiet during spring practices 

Agree. I would love the reason to be that we are hiding tons of progress, but after the last four years or so, I honestly just don’t see it that way. I believe, maybe we go from 6/6 to 7/5 at best. Outside of great recruiting, which a lot of teams do, I’m no more convinced with the ability of HF, than I was with Harsin. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ertrader said:

You nailed it. It's a gradual process, but it tipped about a year ago and continues to move in only one direction. 

Edited by cbo