There Will Be a New Republican Leader in the Senate

I_M4_AU

McConnell, who turned 82 last week.

Last year, McConnell suffered a fall that sparked concern about his health, followed by a pair of incidents where he appeared to freeze up while speaking to reporters. 

"Father time remains undefeated. I'm no longer the young man sitting in the back hoping colleagues would remember my name," McConnell said. "It's time for the next generation of leadership."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Too bad it will have to wait until November.

Isn’t Hawley the guy who spent the morning of Jan 6 pumping his fist in jubilation to the crowd only to be seen running away to safety just a few hours later? 😂 #leadership 

• Facepalm 1

Yes, but that was the edited version of the J6th video.  The longer version didn’t show the obvious bias the J6th committee had with everything Republican.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/06/tucker_carlson_january_6th_committee_lied_about_josh_hawley_running_away.html

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, but that was the edited version of the J6th video.  The longer version didn’t show the obvious bias the J6th committee had with everything Republican.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/03/06/tucker_carlson_january_6th_committee_lied_about_josh_hawley_running_away.html

He did exactly what was depicted on the video.  He was fist pumping the crowd and urging them on. He, along with several other fellow Senators, were later being directed to a secure location.  The committee did not change the footage.  Of course they didn't show every bit of it, but they didn't need to.  That doesn't make it propaganda.  Tucker Carlson accusing that committee of being bias is really rich.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He did exactly what was depicted on the video.  He was fist pumping the crowd and urging them on. He, along with several other fellow Senators, were later being directed to a secure location.  The committee did not change the footage.  Of course they didn't show every bit of it, but they didn't need to.  That doesn't make it propaganda.  Tucker Carlson accusing that committee of being bias is really rich.

You b!tch all the time about videos and sound bites taken out of context, why not here?  Every member was being ushered out for safety reasons, why would he not follow orders, as to the fist bump; charge him for incitement and insurrection if you think he did so.

The thread is about Senator McConnell stepping down.   Talk about kill the messenger.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You don't have to like Hawley, but you don't have to lie either. The J6 video, intentionally leaving out footage context while adding misleading language, was clearly an inaccurate depiction for a reason. I don't have to tell you why. 

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You b!tch all the time about videos and sound bites taken out of context, why not here?  Every member was being ushered out for safety reasons, why would he not follow orders, as to the fist bump; charge him for incitement and insurrection if you think he did so.

The thread is about Senator McConnell stepping down.   Talk about kill the messenger.

Note that most individuals here buying into this particular propaganda piece also bought into "Trump called his wife Mercedes" propaganda as well. IIWII

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Note that most individuals here buying into this particular propaganda piece also bought into "Trump called his wife Mercedes" propaganda as well. IIWII

Ps Dont mean start another dementia contest but pretty clearly calls her Mercedes. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/trump-melania-mercedes-b2502433.html

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ps Dont mean start another dementia contest but pretty clearly calls her Mercedes. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/trump-melania-mercedes-b2502433.html

There are numerous ways to vet information. Nevermind...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/feb/28/facebook-posts/no-donald-trump-did-not-call-his-wife-mercedes-ins/

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

You don't have to like Hawley, but you don't have to lie either. The J6 video, intentionally leaving out footage context while adding misleading language, was clearly an inaccurate depiction for a reason. I don't have to tell you why. 

You can attempt to justify Jan 6th all you want, it doesn't change what happened.

34 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You can attempt to justify Jan 6th all you want, it doesn't change what happened.

Good grief. I'm certainly not justifying J6. Never have. Just encouraging you and other participants in this propaganda to stop and act like adults.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Good grief. I'm certainly not justifying J6. Never have. Just encouraging you and other participants in this propaganda to stop and act like adults.

You obviously didn't listen to the testimony given during those hearings.  The only propaganda involved is the fake narrative that right wing media pushes that claims it was all just blown out of proportion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

You obviously didn't listen to the testimony given during those hearings.  The only propaganda involved is the fake narrative that right wing media pushes that claims it was all just blown out of proportion. 

Simply an early spring break kind of party where a few bad apples spoiled it for the thousands of other well meaning people. 

Though the construction of a gallows was a interesting twist

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Simply an early spring break kind of party where a few bad apples spoiled it for the thousands of other well meaning people. 

Not a real party unless federal officials are swinging.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I watched the hearings. The actions of some on that day were despicable. Stated as much at the time. But this example was a political hit piece that intentionally left out context for effect. That you fell for it is not my problem, it's yours. 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Was told that was just a science project by the College Republicans. I don't know why everybody keeps making a big deal about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1