Freeze Presser - 2024 Spring Ball

Preaching time and patience. I hope some people around here caught that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm always a little surprised how the fraternity of coaches actually get along and they are very good friends & comrades, regardless of who coaches where.  I forgot Freeze was NAIA and knew Debore through those channels.  And Freeze/Saban hooking up for a golf game is pretty cool as well, IMO.  

It's the "fans" aka fanatics that put the hatred and vitriol into sports, the internet compounded it tenfold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I think people understand it's going to take time; having patience is the hard part. 

I think we (AU fans) are starved for a show of improvement right now.  We'd take losses a whole lot easier emotionally if we saw steady improvement on the field and from the coaching staff week to week and saw the team laying a solid foundation each week.  We didn't see that last year for a multitude of reasons, but it sounds like we're going to see it in '24 with more attention to detail and accountability from everyone. 

College football is constantly changing.  The roster today may not be the roster tomorrow; the SEC opponents last season aren't the same this season, the coaches and schemes last season won't be the same this season, etc.  Got to be able to change and evolve pretty dang quick these days. 

We’d better see improvement in record. Going 6-6 again with only 9 starters returning next year is unacceptable. There is just very little reason to start Thorne.

But yes, our losses do need to be way more like the games against UGA UAT and OM and not like…well, the others.

Edited by AUwent

Did people read the part of him saying Cam just look different? That's the part I was talking about in basketball as well as far as your team and the opposing team either being boosted or discouraged when you have that guy on your team. 

And when that guy is your QB then that's an entirely different animal. But this stuff matters. People believe in you

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JerryAU said:

I think people understand it's going to take time; having patience is the hard part. 

I think we (AU fans) are starved for a show of improvement right now.  We'd take losses a whole lot easier emotionally if we saw steady improvement on the field and from the coaching staff week to week and saw the team laying a solid foundation each week.  We didn't see that last year for a multitude of reasons, but it sounds like we're going to see it in '24 with more attention to detail and accountability from everyone. 

College football is constantly changing.  The roster today may not be the roster tomorrow; the SEC opponents last season aren't the same this season, the coaches and schemes last season won't be the same this season, etc.  Got to be able to change and evolve pretty dang quick these days. 

I agree with a lot of this. I will say I don’t see the win loss category changing drastically this year. 7-6 (with the addition of a bowl win is what I am thinking). I hope I am wrong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

They didn't. But kudos to you for catching that.

• Haha 1

Rome wasn't built in a day. But in Saban's 2nd season at Bama...

Forgive me, please.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. But in Saban's 2nd season at Bama...

Forgive me, please.

It will be more like. “but in Debore’s 2nd season at Bama”…. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I agree with a lot of this. I will say I don’t see the win loss category changing drastically this year. 7-6 (with the addition of a bowl win is what I am thinking). I hope I am wrong.

Then we’d better be starting lots of freshmen. If we’re starting 13 seniors and you’re correct, we can expect the same result in year 3. I realize this is exactly how it played out with Drinkwitz at Missouri but cmon, there’s no way players like Coleman would stay through that.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Then we’d better be starting lots of freshmen. If we’re starting 13 seniors and you’re correct, we can expect the same result in year 3. I realize this is exactly how it played out with Drinkwitz at Missouri but cmon, there’s no way players like Coleman would stay through that.

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how we are competing and if we seem to consistent get better. Not this helter Skelter stuff we did last year and honestly what you stated, if we proven to be super young at primary positions which I am kind of hoping happens. 

On 3/1/2024 at 7:23 AM, DAG said:

Already making excuses yeah we got it.

Honeymoons over Freeze. You fail this year and your time is limited.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 8:06 PM, GreenTiger said:

It will be more like. “but in Debore’s 2nd season at Bama”…. 

He will be very successful because Saban hasn’t really retired. He’s DeBoer top assistant and recruiting guru.

Does anyone fear or is worried about what Freeze will do?

Let’s see if he can coach , so far he hasn’t.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:05 AM, JerryAU said:

I'm always a little surprised how the fraternity of coaches actually get along and they are very good friends & comrades, regardless of who coaches where.  I forgot Freeze was NAIA and knew Debore through those channels.  And Freeze/Saban hooking up for a golf game is pretty cool as well, IMO.  

It's the "fans" aka fanatics that put the hatred and vitriol into sports, the internet compounded it tenfold. 

It’s because they are all millionaires and know in the end it doesn’t matter just as long as they get paid or in Auburn’s case fired.

Now with nil, transfer portal it’s even harder to give a damn. Just do what you can and move on.

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Now with nil, transfer portal it’s even harder to give a damn. Just do what you can and move on.

That applies to we fans as well.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:10 PM, TigerOne said:

Already making excuses yeah we got it.

Honeymoons over Freeze. You fail this year and your time is limited.

As long as we meet my sig’s requirements things should be hunky dory.