Well, well...and some said we had no chance

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Currently projected a 3 seed by Lunardi. Now it isn't final. But we most certainly DO have a chance.

u1zuxZ2l_400x400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well they did not know their butt from third base........................

• Like 1

As far as 1 seeds go, is Houston legit? I haven’t seen any of the 1 seeds play this year, but I wanna be in the bracket with the weakest. 

14 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

As far as 1 seeds go, is Houston legit? I haven’t seen any of the 1 seeds play this year, but I wanna be in the bracket with the weakest. 

Yes . they are legit. IMO they are better than Purdue. Bama would have beat them if they had any defense 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, e808 said:

Yes . they are legit. IMO they are better than Purdue. Bama would have beat them if they had any defense 

But not unbeatable, as demonstrated this evening.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

They just got completely  obliterated by Iowa State 69-41. 

1 seeds should not be getting beat 28 points by anybody.

Edited by Eagle-2
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

They got the coaching pedigree, stellar defense, and like last year, ton of athletes amongst the forwards and real #1 options as ball handlers. Out of Houston, UConn, Purdue, and UNC, Purdue is probably the weakest overall team, but they present a very unique challenge with Edey. I honestly have no clue what we do to slow him down, and everyone else just plays off of the ease he allows 

• Like 1

We should make it as the 3rd seed if we win, but that’s only a should. It’s a known chance that the committee will, for whatever reason, just dismiss Sunday games. 

Bama hanging in as a 4. 🤮

• Angry 1

Lunardi currently has us as the #9 overall seed, closer to a 2 than a 4! We won't get to a 2, but we have greatly solidified our position. I still for the life of me can't understand why he still has bammer as the 13 overall seed (a strong 4). Especially having them over Kentucky. They have folded like a cheap suit the past month. In reality they should be a 5 at best.

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Bama hanging in as a 4. 🤮

I agree, it's utterly ridiculous. ELEVEN losses (including many blowouts), and have absolutely nosedived the past month. They should be more like a weak 5. Instead, Lunardi has them as a strong 4.

• Like 1

I like that latest Lunardi prediction.  I think it gives us the best chance.  Easiest of the four in my opinion.  Kansas without Dickerson.  NC, who is currently getting beat by NC State and an Arizona team that is beatable, for sure.  Give me this outcome and I will feel good.....not great but better than if we were in one of the other three brackets.

• Like 2

UNC may yet win their game, but with less than 9 minutes to go they're losing to a team playing their 5th game in 5 days. Purdue & Houston have already lost. Not an impressive day for the projected 1 seeds. And I totally agree with those who've said they don't understand how Bama is still a 4 seed. Had Arkansas not choked last Saturday in T-town, Bama would have lost 4 in a row. And they've been blown out several times. Just don't get it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

UNC may yet win their game, but with less than 9 minutes to go they're losing to a team playing their 5th game in 5 days. Purdue & Houston have already lost. Not an impressive day for the projected 1 seeds. And I totally agree with those who've said they don't understand how Bama is still a 4 seed. Had Arkansas not choked last Saturday in T-town, Bama would have lost 4 in a row. And they've been blown out several times. Just don't get it.

The only thing I would be careful of is these teams play each other throughout the year and some multiple times. I am sure familiarity has to kick in at some point. Not sure how much stock I would put into some of the projected #1 seeds losing.

40 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

And don't forget, bama also needed a miracle to beat Florida at home, and trailed at Ole Miss by 14. They are within an eyelash of having SEVEN losses in a row!!!