After we play Yale and hopefully win

Does anyone know when we play again?  Is it Saturday and if so, what time?  Thanks.

Edited by tinman1

Sunday the 24th. Not sure about the time.

Please don’t get ahead of ourselves. As we have seen one guy getting hot in basketball can carry a team. I just hope Auburn stays hot 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Does anyone know when we play again?  Is it Saturday and if so, what time?  Thanks.

@tinman1 IF we win, we play again on Sunday. Sunday game times will not be announed till early Saturday morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One national basketball guru has already said we lose because our guard play isn't good enough to be at Yale. Hold you water, Sir. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

One national basketball guru has already said we lose because our guard play isn't good enough to be at Yale. Hold you water, Sir. 

The hate continues. Good. More motivation for us.

• Like 3

JINX Thread! we are doomed hardy we will never make it.............

• Like 2

Yale has not seen a defense like AU's.  The people calling for the upset most likely haven't seen an AU game at all and if they did actually watch part of a game it was most likely the UK and/or UT games.  AU has two different guys that can handle their 7 foot center and their guards are going to be smothered all day by a constant barrage of fresh legs.  The best Yale can hope for is to slow the game way down and get to the free throw line as much as possible, which is a real possibility if the game is called tight.

Thread title...bad karma...ugg...bad juju...nooooooooooooo

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

i am blowing fresh sage on the computer hoping it works..................it cleans up evil and bad karma they say...........

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Nod your head,
And give two winks,
And save us from,
This awful Jinx!

Edited by WillMunny
  • Love 1

Any best guess or historical precedent for the likely game time on Sunday if we move on to play in the second round?  All I'm finding is that Round 2 game times will be set sometime on Friday night. I anticipate we would play the first game on Sunday maybe at 1 or 2 pm Pacific Time. This sound about right?

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

JINX Thread! we are doomed hardy we will never make it.............

No jinx.  Just being positive.  Just like in the movie Hoosiers when the coach says (when the game is on the line).."WHEN Ollie makes the 2nd free throw, and you will make both free throws, get back on defense and don't foul". 

I watched the replay of the Big East tournament between UCon and Marquette last night.  We're damn capable of winning all our games.  To me UCon was not that impressive.  I like our chances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Yale has not seen a defense like AU's.  The people calling for the upset most likely haven't seen an AU game at all and if they did actually watch part of a game it was most likely the UK and/or UT games.  AU has two different guys that can handle their 7 foot center and their guards are going to be smothered all day by a constant barrage of fresh legs.  The best Yale can hope for is to slow the game way down and get to the free throw line as much as possible, which is a real possibility if the game is called tight.

That’s all true, but I think those huge upsets are generally called with a bit of gut feeling applied to them, rather than pure stats and facts. From the general perception from guys I’ve seen, Auburn is a team where the feeling about them isn’t as strong as the stats say. That’s why I think they may be a fairly trendy upset (they’re also a team many people believe will give UConn trouble) 

Kevin Sweeney, a Sports Illustrated writer, is very high on Auburn and is predicting that we will advance through to the Finals and lose to Purdue. I like that prediction except the end game.

7 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

So many idiots these days make "predictions" just for clicks and attention. Yale has guards better than bama and uf I guess.

Edited by boisnumber1

17 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

So many idiots these days make "predictions" just for clicks and attention. Yale has guards better than bama and uf I guess.

Respectfully, I don’t think app state does either and look how that game turned out. I hope Auburn is focused and not looking ahead. Just go 1-0.

38 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yale has guards better than bama and uf I guess.

That was my first thought.  I highly, highly doubt there is a Wade Taylor, Josh Hubbard, or Mark Sears on Yale's roster.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will just saw this Auburn had the better athletes IMO. Miami had the older cagey players.

Auburn had self-centered selfish inadequate guard play that refused to feed two first round draft picks.  That wasn't just a NCAA tournament thing.  AU guard play combined with a brilliant game plan to drag the rim protection out of the paint and you get the Miami game.  That last point falls on Bruce to be frank about it.

The more I think about the Yale game the more I think AU's going to be coasting at the end.  I just don't think Yale has the talent but more importantly the legs to hang with AU.  If it is a close game it will be because of a combo of stupid turnovers (see first half of SEC championship game), settling for bad 3 point shots, and stupid fouls that send Yale to the line.  All that could certainly happen so I'm not calling a lock.  However, if AU just plays to their average then they will win by double figures.

• Like 2

I just watched this. Just speaking objectively, if we play the way we are supposed to, we should beat the heck out of this team.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Auburn had self-centered selfish inadequate guard play that refused to feed two first round draft picks.  That wasn't just a NCAA tournament thing.  AU guard play combined with a brilliant game plan to drag the rim protection out of the paint and you get the Miami game.  That last point falls on Bruce to be frank about it.

The more I think about the Yale game the more I think AU's going to be coasting at the end.  I just don't think Yale has the talent but more importantly the legs to hang with AU.  If it is a close game it will be because of a combo of stupid turnovers (see first half of SEC championship game), settling for bad 3 point shots, and stupid fouls that send Yale to the line.  All that could certainly happen so I'm not calling a lock.  However, if AU just plays to their average then they will win by double figures.

I just prefer to proceed with caution. I am still scarred from the New Mexico State game in football. That shouldn’t have happened but it did

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I just watched this. Just speaking objectively, if we play the way we are supposed to, we should beat the heck out of this team.

Exactly. If we play like we should, it will not matter what they do. 

• Like 1