After we play Yale and hopefully win

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I just prefer to proceed with caution. I am still scarred from the New Mexico game in football. That shouldn’t have happened but it did

Well that was on Freeze and his inability to know what to do.

Freeze ain’t no Bruce

• Like 6

Bruce's first couple of years were pretty rough. Look what we have now.  I hope Freeze shuts some folks up in the next couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I had forgotten San Diego State made a final four run last year as well. 3 of last years final 4 teams in one region. Crazy

• Like 2

I was hoping all the Mountain West teams would lose their first game just to spite the tournament committee members. Then I saw Colorado State was playing Virginia and decided they could win one. Hopefully by 40. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I was hoping all the Mountain West teams would lose their first game just to spite the tournament committee members. Then I saw Colorado State was playing Virginia and decided they could win one. Hopefully by 40. 

The joker’s committee screwed a bunch of teams.

all 4 Alabama tournament teams and even UConn. Let’s ship everyone as far away as possible.

Anyone who thinks Yale is just some skinny white dudes throwing up 3s is delusional. Yale actually has a size advantage over Auburn, inside and out.

I'm hoping CBP has the team focused, not taking Yale for granted. In tournament time, it is one game at a time or you are out.

WDE!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AURex said:

Anyone who thinks Yale is just some skinny white dudes throwing up 3s is delusional. Yale actually has a size advantage over Auburn, inside and out.

I'm hoping CBP has the team focused, not taking Yale for granted. In tournament time, it is one game at a time or you are out.

WDE!

I mean, have you seen them play? They play 7 dudes, tops. And none of them are world beaters. We've played teams in the SEC all year who have a size advantage over us, including the UF team we just beat by 19. Yale is not some anomaly. Not saying you don't respect each opponent, because you should, but its not delusional to say we should beat the hell out of them by 40 points. Unless we just don't feel like making a run for a championship, the walk ons should be coming into this game with 3 minutes left. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Yale doesn't shoot 3's. Their points come inside and they are going to have to go through the strength of this AU team to get there. As already said, Yale has 7 guys that get nearly all the minutes and AU goes 10 deep with less than 25 min each. Finally, Yale has not played a defense anything close to what AU is going to bring. That's a statistical fact, not my opinion.

If it's true that it's "all about match ups" then it's bad news for Yale.

• Like 1

Caution is appropriate. Ivy League also-ran Cornell took Ohio State to the wire in the NIT last night. I don't think we should just relax and plan to go through the motions against Yale.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gravejd said:

I had forgotten San Diego State made a final four run last year as well. 3 of last years final 4 teams in one region. Crazy

If we advance to play SDSU, then Chad Baker-Mazara's knowledge of the Aztec team and coaching strategies (from 2021-2022) may be helpful in preparing for them. CBM received that season the Mountain West's "6th Man" award while playing for SDSU. Hopefully we have the opportunity to benefit from his insights if we and SDSU both advance to Round 2.

CBM reminds me a little of George Gervin (yeah I'm that old) with his frame and plain old smooth.  If he just had half the offense of Gervin then AU would win the championship.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Caution is appropriate. Ivy League also-ran Cornell took Ohio State to the wire in the NIT last night. I don't think we should just relax and plan to go through the motions against Yale.

2 Words;  TENACITY & AGGRESSIVENESS.  If we don't come out from the start of the game with these two mindsets (just like we did with UF in the SECCG this past Sunday) we will be setting ourselves up

for very possible failure.  Just think back to the NM State Football Game when everybody & their momma just thought we could walk on the field & game over with an easy W.

How did that work out?   Step on Yale's neck early & often & don't ever let up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Kevin Sweeney, a Sports Illustrated writer, is very high on Auburn and is predicting that we will advance through to the Finals and lose to Purdue. I like that prediction except the end game.

My wife is from Indiana and a Purdue fan, but they have a habit of choking.

46 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

CBM reminds me a little of George Gervin (yeah I'm that old) with his frame and plain old smooth.  If he just had half the offense of Gervin then AU would win the championship.

He takes some of the strangest & most awkward shots, but somehow still makes them. It seems he would rather become a contortionist to shoot with his left hand, than lay it up with his right. He made that layup with his right against UF, and I thought I was hallucinating.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

The hate continues. Good. More motivation for us.

pkd9mXHrlci8XL3uLfe4AUFWWNMYerB0icd3_-3x

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, e808 said:

I just prefer to proceed with caution. I am still scarred from the New Mexico State game in football. That shouldn’t have happened but it did

IIRC we almost lost to New Mexico early in the NCAA tourney not too long ago.  Came down to a last second shot if I recall.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Any best guess or historical precedent for the likely game time on Sunday if we move on to play in the second round?  All I'm finding is that Round 2 game times will be set sometime on Friday night. I anticipate we would play the first game on Sunday maybe at 1 or 2 pm Pacific Time. This sound about right?

It’s all about matchups, so CBS will wait to decide after all Friday games have been played. 

It’s all about the ratings.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, e808 said:

Respectfully, I don’t think app state does either and look how that game turned out.

3-of-27

Have said it since December…when we make our threes (and I’m talking at least eight of them), we’re a tough out.

If we shoot 11% from the arc again, anyone can beat us.

And even with crappy shooting, we were in the Appy St game till the end. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am blowing fresh sage on the computer hoping it works..................it cleans up evil and bad karma they say...........

SAGE?

Huh? When you talked about weed, I always envisioned something else.

Who knew?:dunno:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

It’s all about matchups, so CBS will wait to decide after all Friday games have been played. 

It’s all about the ratings.

So, if it is AU vs UAB, then a lot of eyes and interest primarily in the state of Alabama, but if SDSU vs AU, then national interest and higher potential ratings? So how does the latter translate in terms of a likely game time for us in Round 2? A prime time Sunday evening game?

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

IIRC we almost lost to New Mexico early in the NCAA tourney not too long ago.  Came down to a last second shot if I recall.

That was New Mexico State in 19. That magical run was very close to not being a reality. They had 3 free-throws to end the game. Made 1/3. If he makes them we lose and the magical run never happens. Kind of ironic the exact same scenario happened again with Virginia in the final 4, but he made all 3. 

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

So, if it is AU vs UAB, then a lot of eyes and interest primarily in the state of Alabama, but if SDSU vs AU, then national interest and higher potential ratings? So how does the latter translate in terms of a likely game time for us in Round 2? A prime time Sunday evening game?

Regardless of our opponent, CBS will compare it to the other matchups when Friday is complete.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

That was New Mexico State in 19. That magical run was very close to not being a reality. They had 3 free-throws to end the game. Made 1/3. If he makes them we lose and the magical run never happens.

Yup. Then NMSU missed a three-pointer after that.

• Like 2