NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hint... You won't have to look hard or far.

Inquiring minds would love to hear. We're listening... Since I'm not afraid to say it, are you saying BLACK people hated on her?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, e808 said:

If u have a instagram or facebook account and read some comments. There is plenty . Maybe hate is too strong. I will say dislike and wasn’t beloved by all. I think she will do well in the WNBA. 

Oh I saw it. I also saw people in the comments calling SC a bunch of "men" and "beasts". Same thing with LSU except it was "ghetto" and "classless". Clark has been the most beloved women's player in a very long time and hate wouldn't be the word I'd use for her critics. She shoots extremely well but plays zero defense. She's a volume shooter who needs like 20+ shots a game to be at her best. I don't see her getting up that many shots in the WNBA but she will be great to watch to see what happens with her game. The women in the WNBA are licking their chops to silence all of that noise. It happens when you're quote on quote the "best player". It's mostly competitiveness and less hate I feel like though.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Oh I saw it. I also saw people in the comments calling SC a bunch of "men" and "beasts". Same thing with LSU except it was "ghetto" and "classless". Clark has been the most beloved women's player in a very long time and hate wouldn't be the word I'd use for her critics. She shoots extremely well but plays zero defense. She's a volume shooter who needs like 20+ shots a game to be at her best. I don't see her getting up that many shots in the WNBA but she will be great to watch to see what happens with her game. The women in the WNBA are licking their chops to silence all of that noise. It happens when you're quote on quote the "best player". It's mostly competitiveness and less hate I feel like though.  

I think the volume part is hard to gauge because she plays the entire game and relied on so much (0 bench points yesterday). For example she started hot but as the game went on fatigue set it. 

2 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

That potential “5 million” offer from Cube definitely will put a target on her back in the WNBA. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

She get hate from WNBA players for sure, especially some of the elder gatekeepers like Sheryl Swoopes. However, majority of the nation likes her. The poster saying she gets hate from a certain faction and not willing to say specifically is clearly throwing out veiled discrimination (but I am sure he will laugh it off and say that’s not the case).

Paul Pierce loves her. The wnba players that said she is going to see some grown women soon where both white. LeBron, Devin Booker, Brandon Jennings all showed her love. Even Angel said nice stuff and was rooting for her it seems (while being called everything from classless, to a man, to an animal). 

It's crazy if you don't call her the greatest player of all time you are hating her. Imagine if she was called a monkey, or a man, or a thug or whatever.....

Hell even the story after South C won was mostly about Clark. Let that set in. The national AP story of a 38-0 team, a coach who's 3 year record that is something unbelievable like 106-3, story was about the loser of the game more than anybody..... If that's hate I don't know what love is

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Inquiring minds would love to hear. We're listening... Since I'm not afraid to say it, are you saying BLACK people hated on her?

You understand what faction means...A group of people inside another group with dissenting opinions. Nothing mentioned about race or anything else. Race was never inferred, but, you and another poster took it there. Contrary to the other poster, who apparently thinks they can mind read, there was no intended reference to any particular group. Just a general statement.  You and another injected race into, not me.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Caitlin Clark is the darling of traditional America.  If she were on Gilligan's Island, she'd be Mary Ann.

We recently saw this same sort of scenario (contrast between Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese) with Taylor Swift and Simone Biles.  Both beautiful, famous, and great at what they do, with NFL-starter boyfriends...yet Swift was over-hyped at NFL games while Biles was an afterthought.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not interested in seeing either of them hyped at an NFL game, but I notice the difference when one is over-hyped, while the other is not hyped at all.

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You understand what faction means...A group of people inside another group with dissenting opinions. Nothing mentioned about race or anything else. Race was never inferred, but, you and another poster took it there. Contrary to the other poster, who apparently thinks they can mind read, there was no intended reference to any particular group. Just a general statement.  You and another injected race into, not me.

Do you know what discrimination means? Has nothing to due with solely race . But if you would’ve been a lot more open instead of passive aggressive that would diminish any unwarranted assumptions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Do you know what discrimination means? Has nothing to due with solely race . But if you would’ve been a lot more open instead of passive aggressive that would diminish any unwarranted assumptions. 

Yep. The poster specifically said race. That's what I addressed.  It was a general statement.  I didn't realize I had to specifically post which groups I wasn't try to offend. I would still be posting the list if that was the case

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Would I have gotten kick back if I said a certain faction of people hate on Angel Reese? They both get hated on. The OP mentioned black , not me

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Paul Pierce loves her. The wnba players that said she is going to see some grown women soon where both white. LeBron, Devin Booker, Brandon Jennings all showed her love. Even Angel said nice stuff and was rooting for her it seems (while being called everything from classless, to a man, to an animal). 

It's crazy if you don't call her the greatest player of all time you are hating her. Imagine if she was called a monkey, or a man, or a thug or whatever.....

Hell even the story after South C won was mostly about Clark. Let that set in. The national AP story of a 38-0 team, a coach who's 3 year record that is something unbelievable like 106-3, story was about the loser of the game more than anybody..... If that's hate I don't know what love is

Yes, I agree she is overwhelming loved with pockets of people who are hating. One example was Sheryl Swoopes, imo. I was watching Gil’s arena when she got that offer from Cube and there were certainly some individuals on that coach straight up hating because she got that offer lol. But she is certainly celebrated a lot more than hated, Imo. I will say like men sports , there is obvious jealousy mixed with competitiveness within the WNBA. But Lebron James had to go through that too when he first got in the league along with MJ. When you get in that realm of greatness discussion , it will be a natural occurrence. 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Would I have gotten kick back if I said a certain faction of people hate on Angel Reese? They both get hated on. The OP mentioned black , not me

Yes because we just wanted to know what faction of people you are talking about? lol. I think that would’ve been a very fair question to ask.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Yes because we just wanted to know what faction of people you are talking about? lol. I think that would’ve been a very fair question to ask.

And I gave examples. WNBA over the Ice Cube deal. Sheryl Swopes is two examples. The exact same ones u listed after me. Your agreed with me then accused me of discrimination.  LOL

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And I gave examples. WNBA over the Ice Cube deal. Sheryl Swopes is two examples. The exact same ones u listed after me. Your agreed with me then accused me of discrimination.  LOL

Where before my post do you give these examples? And why not just say that initially? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Where before my post do you give these examples? And why not just say that initially? 

I didn't know it was a requirement.  Maybe cats shouldn't assume so much

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I didn't know it was a requirement.  

It’s not but then you can’t get upset when people make assumptions? Lol. You made a very vague post. Anybody would want clarification on that . Come on man. 

Just now, DAG said:

It’s not but then you can’t get upset when people make assumptions? Lol. You made a very vague post. Anybody would want clarification on that . Come on man. 

I'm not gonna go back and forth. Not worth it. The other poster basically accused me of being racist when I didn't mention every group in the faction. You laugh emojied his post., which I guess means u agreed with him. It's ridiculous. The other poster accused me of saying it was only Black people throwing shade. Never said or inferred it.  Him saying that to me is kinda ironic... Since I'm BLACK!!!  LOL

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not gonna go back and forth. Not worth it. The other poster basically accused me of being racist when I didn't mention every group in the faction. You laugh emojied his post., which I guess means u agreed with him. It's ridiculous. The other poster accused me of saying it was only Black people throwing shade. Never said or inferred it.  Him saying that to me is kinda ironic... Since I'm BLACK!!!  LOL

Why is that ironic? Black people hate on black people all the time coming from a black male myself. Anyway you are right. It is a waste of time over a great discussion being had.

Edited by DAG
Mods no need to freak out. This is black on black discussion.

I will say I think the Clark vs Reese thing is more cultural base. It reminds me of the fab five vs Grant Hill situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say I think the Clark vs Reese thing is more cultural base. It reminds me of the fab five vs Grant Hill situation. 

Bro, that's just it.. To me it was never about Reese vs Clark. They had a little dust up last yr. It happens in the heat of battle. 

I like the way Clark plays. She isn't a great defender. She has her detractors.  Every good player does.  AirJordan, the best to ever do it had his. It's no deeper than that to me. That was my post, no hidden agenda intended. I try to be objective with my posts.  Sometimes, I don't succeed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Bro, that's just it.. To me it was never about Reese vs Clark. They had a little dust up last yr. It happens in the heat of battle. 

I like the way Clark plays. She isn't a great defender. She has her detractors.  Every good player does.  AirJordan, the best to ever do it had his. It's no deeper than that to me. That was my post, no hidden agenda intended. I try to be objective with my posts.  Sometimes, I don't succeed. 

Maybe not to you but it certainly was portrayed that way with the media. Nevertheless, I didn’t tie the post that you are responding to your original idea. This was more of a way to further discussion after a point made by @cole256

57 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not it is not. I've been black my whole life last time I checked and we can say some ignorant things so you're not absolved, LOL. I didn't accuse you of anything. We're all grown here, no need to be coy about "what faction" it was that was criticizing her but you made it all cryptic for no reason whatsoever. If it was really about the WNBA players like you say it is, then that should just be said. I'm not really understanding why you needed to make it a secret. 

• Like 1

I got UConn beating Purdue by double digits tonight. I don’t trust Purdue guards to be that consistent. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I got UConn beating Purdue by double digits tonight. I don’t trust Purdue guards to be that consistent. 

U think the men’s game will surpass the ladies. They did a 18.7. Sheesh

I can't believe this game doesn't start until 9ET.  That's just crazy.  I'm usually asleep after 2 beers, but tonight it'll be 4.  Which means I'll make it to about halftime.

• Haha 1