NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

17 minutes ago, e808 said:

U think the men’s game will surpass the ladies. They did a 18.7. Sheesh

I don't think so tbh, which is amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I got UConn beating Purdue by double digits tonight. I don’t trust Purdue guards to be that consistent. 

I picked Perdue.  Mainly to support a friend of mine who graduated from Perdue.

I'm just gonna savor seeing the clash of the big men tonight.  Centers (like Shaq, not Wemby) have usually been my favorite players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

U think the men’s game will surpass the ladies. They did a 18.7. Sheesh

No. It will start close to 10 PM on the east coast. It's not on the weekend, at a decent hour on a decent TV station. It's on Tru TV and TBS. Heck I'm in the central time zone and I probably won't make it past half time or mid second half. 

• Like 2

Just called the network to complain about the late starting time.  Had to leave a message.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Just called the network to complain about the late starting time.  Had to leave a message.

The networks paid the money,  and that's ALL the NCAA cares about. TBS and Tru TV will get stellar ratings compared to what they get any other time. 

Edey can't go left, it seems.  Strongly right-handed.

Edey went left then, but looked awkward.

Clingan not forcing anything, biding his time.

Reminds me of the game between Ralph Sampson and Patrick Ewing back in the 1980s.  It was a regular season game over 40 years ago, but I remember that Sampson had 23 points, and Ewing had 16.

3 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Clingan not forcing anything, biding his time.

Reminds me of the game between Ralph Sampson and Patrick Ewing back in the 1980s.  It was a regular season game over 40 years ago, but I remember that Sampson had 23 points, and Ewing had 16.

Man, I can't remember the last time I saw a battle of the giants like this in college ball. Reminds me of the 90's/early 2000's NBA.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Man, I can't remember the last time I saw a battle of the giants like this in college ball. Reminds me of the 90's/early 2000's NBA.

This is beautiful basketball.  These teams are playing well, their games are built around big men, and it's fun to watch.  They have excellent perimeter play as well.

These 2 teams spent over half the year combined being ranked #1.  And they are bringing it so far tonight.

• Like 2

Edey filling the stat sheet. 

Edey looks tired.  Defensive breakdown, then called for travelling.

8 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

This is beautiful basketball.  These teams are playing well, their games are built around big men, and it's fun to watch.  They have excellent perimeter play as well.

These 2 teams spent over half the year combined being ranked #1.  And they are bringing it so far tonight.

Yeah, I couldn't have said it better myself. I was just thinking "There's no way we would hang with either of these teams..." but man I would have loved to get the chance!

• Like 2

still think the game will get away from Purdue, eventhough I want Purdue to win.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

still think the game will get away from Purdue, eventhough I want Purdue to win.

Yeah, UConn looks stronger, and Edey is looking a little bit tired.

Just now, WillMunny said:

Yeah, UConn looks stronger, and Edey is looking a little bit tired.

Well, if the guard play wakes up Purdue for sure can make a game of it. Edey is the best player on the court but he needs help.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well, if the guard play wakes up Purdue for sure can make a game of it. Edey is the best player on the court but he needs help.

Yeah, UConn's guards are just better, even though Clingan is not scoring big.

Perdue in danger.  Could get out of hand if they don't respond soon.

Going from bamas perimeter transition offense to Purdue’s bully ball  beat you death style in 2 days is a real challenge in flexibility. 

9 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Going from bamas perimeter transition offense to Purdue’s bully ball  beat you death style in 2 days is a real challenge in flexibility. 

UConn plays fast....not as much in transition than bama but they wearing Purdue out. 

• Like 1