You haters know who you are

17 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Salty, personally I don’t think all of maga is nuts, and Biden is definitely a weak alternative. That being said - again, if maga is an important ideology filled with thoughtful people, why did Desantis (I see Haley as a more traditional Republican) get completely curb stomped? He was the perfect candidate right in front of maga (hell, he spent 6 months in Iowa). He is literally a more electable trump - without the baggage and a superior track record and pedigree. For me, that’s when I decided maga is not a political party. It’s something else and sometimes hard to take seriously.

Desantis is not Trump but he is certainly a demagogue pandering to the same fascist, racist crowd, which - in my mind - is the same as being one.

You're right about Haley.  She would have been a tough opponent for Biden. 

Edited by homersapien

This may turn out to be the only presidential race where there is no debate. Biden to weak to debate and Trump no time to debate. All part of the plan?

26 minutes ago, creed said:

This may turn out to be the only presidential race where there is no debate. Biden to weak to debate and Trump no time to debate. All part of the plan?

Biden didn't look "weak" in the state of the union address.  I seriously doubt he will try to avoid debate, just the opposite.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep. Dems gotta quit with the unwanted labeling!

Nothing wrong with a few wanting to self label.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well it's not like Trump has changed has he??

Maybe he has. I saw where he selling Bibles now. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The guy they’re voting for calls his supporters MAGA.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Maybe he has. I saw where he selling Bibles now. 

Autographed! Like authors do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

"A few"

Graph showing how respondents describe themselves, such as "angry about politics," "supporter of the BLM movement," "feminist," "libertarian," and "MAGA Republican"

Last week, a friend of mine swore that Michelle Obama was running for President.  This person is intelligent.  He made over $100k last year and has a college degree.  He works a lot of hours in the medical field and doesn't watch cable news or much tv that isn't streaming.  The problem is that his information comes by way of Youtube and Facebook. 

He texts me all the time now with nonsense that someone with way too much time on their hands posts online.  Even though people deny it, too many still believe whatever they read or watch.  It's poison.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Last week, a friend of mine swore that Michelle Obama was running for President.  This person is intelligent.  He made over $100k last year and has a college degree.  He works a lot of hours in the medical field and doesn't watch cable news or much tv that isn't streaming.  The problem is that his information comes by way of Youtube and Facebook. 

He texts me all the time now with nonsense that someone with way too much time on their hands posts online.  Even though people deny it, too many still believe whatever they read or watch.  It's poison.

This is what concerns me long term.  In the past, you could write off the growth of extremism as a result of a political pendulum or basic long term shifts in values - ultimately solved by the older, entrenched generation dying off.  A good example is the civil rights movement.  It took far too long, but it happened.

But the introduction of technology and "social media" is a game changer, perhaps a permanent  one.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

However,  whether it’s Trump or maga - chicken or egg - I don’t know. But something way at its core just ain’t right.

I just can’t think this man is what America needs for the next 4 years:

And:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

And:

emjoi-head-scratch - Cruise Oz

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The problem is that his information comes by way of Youtube and Facebook. 

Agree, Coffee has always referred to info from FB. Seems that Tex is trending that direction.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You mean, like he did in 2021?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/03/31/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2021/

and 2022?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/03/30/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2022/

and 2023?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2023/03/30/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility/

How diabolical! He was setting us all up the previous three years just so he could do this on an Easter without outrage! But we see through it and won't let him get away with it!

A quick Google search will show that March 31 has been Transgender Day of Visibility since 2009. It just happens to fall on Easter this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

A quick Google search will show that March 31 has been Transgender Day of Visibility since 2009. It just happens to fall on Easter this year.

Take a Google search for anyone to know it. Been better for Joe if had fallen outside of the Easter season, say June 3rd. He should have looked at the calendar in 21 before he started signing the things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

How many of those years has the president proclaimed the day by decree?  This would be the 3rd?  Does the Alphabet mafia have other days the president can honor throughout the year?

Turns out they do have other days.  3 years in a row doesn’t make a tradition.  14 years in a row doesn’t even make it a tradition and when a president pushes an agenda in spite of his personal religion you have to question where his loyal lies.

This is a bad look for a lot of voters, more than the 200,000 thousand in Deerborne Michigan he is catering to, and to exclude any art that may be considered religious for the Easter Egg celebration just completes the indignation.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many of those years has the president proclaimed the day by decree?  This would be the 3rd?  Does the Alphabet mafia have other days the president can honor throughout the year?

Turns out they do have other days.  3 years in a row doesn’t make a tradition.  14 years in a row doesn’t even make it a tradition and when a president pushes an agenda in spite of his personal religion you have to question where his loyal lies.

This is a bad look for a lot of voters, more than the 200,000 thousand in Deerborne Michigan he is catering to, and to exclude any art that may be considered religious for the Easter Egg celebration just completes the indignation.

Everything has a day .....  even ice cream and Mexican food.  It is annoying, but it is what it is.

Biden has also done THIS every Easter.

Any guess on who actually attends religious services more?  Comparing Biden to recent Presidents.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 223753.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Everything has a day ..

A day?  How about 145 days?

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Biden has also done THIS every Easter.

So.  What is he thinking?  Did he believe it would go unnoticed?

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Any guess on who actually attends religious services more? 

When you put an ideology before God it doesn’t matter if you attend religious sevices or not.  He makes one of 145 days that celebrate that ideology over Easter.  The only thing he mentioned about Easter was there will be no religious themes to Easter Egg art.

This hasn’t changed my opinion of Biden, but I hope it does for some voters.

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

A day?  How about 145 days?

So.  What is he thinking?  Did he believe it would go unnoticed?

When you put an ideology before God it doesn’t matter if you attend religious sevices or not.  He makes one of 145 days that celebrate that ideology over Easter.  The only thing he mentioned about Easter was there will be no religious themes to Easter Egg art.

This hasn’t changed my opinion of Biden, but I hope it does for some voters.

Do you have any scriptural references to Easter eggs or the Easter Bunny we might turn to for guidance?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you have any scriptural references to Easter eggs or the Easter Bunny we might turn to for guidance?

The operative word is EASTER.  It is the reason they are gathering at the WH on that particular day.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The operative word is EASTER.  It is the reason they are gathering at the WH on that particular day.

I agree. What is the origin of the operative word, EASTER?

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I agree. What is the origin of the operative word, EASTER?

Are you really trying to equate the two?

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you really trying to equate the two?

What are you talking about? Are you drunk on Easter again?