You haters know who you are

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You think you’re making an actual point by saying this?

Nothing more than he’s already dancing on a razors edge in the polls and he’s lost ground in the suburbs. Other than that - nope, just babbling mindlessly.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Nothing more than he’s already dancing on a razors edge in the polls and he’s lost ground in the suburbs. Other than that - nope, just babbling mindlessly.

Well, your only concrete, actionable advice has been to unilaterally declare a stand alone day of trans visibility for the USA because it’s “an election year.” 🤣

@auburnatl1 I get the right wing BS machine is excellent at what they do and it can be effective. You need to have rapid response, good messaging, etc, but they are carpet bombers of BS no matter what you do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

What exactly are you saying he should have done?

Side stepped it this year or never started signing them in 21? Is it a job requirement to sign every meaningless proclamation? 

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Side stepped it this year or never started signing them in 21? Is it a job requirement to sign every meaningless proclamation? 

That would have made more news.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

That would have made more news.

News from who? No one even knew this recognition day that is obviously important to you, 93, and Coffee even existed.

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

News from who? No one even knew this recognition day that is obviously important to you, 93, and Coffee even existed.

Not important to me. I agree with you that Presidents often sign meaningless proclamations. But had he not signed it, it would have been a bigger news story than saying, “yes, it’s international trans visibility day, we respect everyone’s right to be who they are and live in peace.” Now on to other issues. Anyone truly worked up over this isn’t a persuadable voter.

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does it?  Why would Biden highlight the rules that have been in place for over 45 years this particular year?  Could it be that a Christian based Easter Egg could be offensive to the Trans Community?

Remember this Trans was triggered by Christianity as he/she shot up a Christian School in Nashville:

It’s the same philosophy the Biden Administration wanting to ban Radical Islamists and Jihadist.

The United States' top intelligence agency wants to ban its spies from using "biased language," including the terms "radical Islamists" and "jihadist," saying these words "are hurtful to Muslim-Americans and detrimentally impact our efforts as they bolster extremist rhetoric," according to a language guide published internally.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/us-intel-agency-bans-terms-radical-islamists-and-jihadist-because-theyre-hurtful-to-muslim-americans/

Heaven forbid we offend someone who is capable of terrorism whether it be a Trans person or HAMAS, a terrorist group.

Geez, you're just a fountain of useless, hateful bile, aren't you? Try to focus here - we're talking about decorating Easter Eggs, and whether you like it or not, the same rules have been in place for decades. Why do you say Biden "highlighted" the rules this time? Where and when did he do that? And was there a reason, or do you just assume it's because he's a horrible person?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Geez, you're just a fountain of useless, hateful bile, aren't you? Try to focus here - we're talking about decorating Easter Eggs, and whether you like it or not, the same rules have been in place for decades. Why do you say Biden "highlighted" the rules this time? Where and when did he do that? And was there a reason, or do you just assume it's because he's a horrible person?

He’s descending into madness…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

would have been a bigger news story than saying, “yes, it’s international trans visibility day, we respect everyone’s right to be who they are and live in peace.”

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

giphy.gif

Fox would have made a big deal about it . Said he was running scared. The mainstream media would have made it a story, too. It was a meaningless proclamation and the BS story resonated in circles that have some negative Biden story daily anyway.

33 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Why do you say Biden "highlighted" the rules this time? Where and when did he do that?

“As part of the White House Easter traditions, America’s Egg Farmers – for nearly 50 years – have proudly presented an intricately decorated Commemorative Easter Egg to the First Lady of the United States. In 2021, the White House expanded on this longstanding tradition by displaying youth-designed Easter eggs in the White House East Colonnade,” the flyer explains.

Children also can’t promote material that promotes “bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age” in their designs. 

https://nypost.com/2024/03/29/media/religious-themed-designs-banned-from-white-house-easter-egg-art-contest/

39 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

whether you like it or not, the same rules have been in place for decades.

You are wrong here; as mentioned above sexual orientation was not part of the Civil Rights Act until 2020 and Dr. Jill expanded on youth designed Easter eggs in 2021.  The first year anybody could and by adding *sexual orientation* to the rules is, by definition, not the same.

I don’t recall any mention of these restrictions (even though they existed) until this year when Joe proclaimed March 31, 2024 in the year of our Lord by presidential decree.  It is beyond me that Joe and Dr. Jill didn’t even think of the conflict in the date.  Therefore, this was planned in a way to draw attention, albeit, the wrong kind of attention.

Oh, today Biden says this:

President Biden on Monday said Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) was “uninformed” in his criticism of the White House for the Easter holiday falling on the same day as Transgender Day of Visibility.

“He’s thoroughly uninformed,” Biden said during Monday’s Easter Egg Roll when asked about Johnson’s criticism.

“Uninformed how?” a reporter asked.

“I didn’t do that,” Biden responded.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/biden-calls-johnson-uninformed-over-163626945.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEqDVjVNFzEdb-s_2oYWmItUSOf2zjdwKY8lG_Wl5hXGaEgf4JVQcd8ljquj_LbGQT1JxQZdTNFOSPvE8nznUEdNyAaxrAW3RqgGMQ37fJnq228e_dBvQFAmZSr9wWnKQyXjuasYlMRmQuVkGCS9FJWYylxqAlBBPZwm9JfzBQzb

And Biden is a horrible person.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

“As part of the White House Easter traditions, America’s Egg Farmers – for nearly 50 years – have proudly presented an intricately decorated Commemorative Easter Egg to the First Lady of the United States. In 2021, the White House expanded on this longstanding tradition by displaying youth-designed Easter eggs in the White House East Colonnade,” the flyer explains.

Children also can’t promote material that promotes “bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age” in their designs. 

https://nypost.com/2024/03/29/media/religious-themed-designs-banned-from-white-house-easter-egg-art-contest/

You are wrong here; as mentioned above sexual orientation was not part of the Civil Rights Act until 2020 and Dr. Jill expanded on youth designed Easter eggs in 2021.  The first year anybody could and by adding *sexual orientation* to the rules is, by definition, not the same.

Great Scott. This is a whirlwind of crazy. 

You're saying they "highlighted" the restrictions because they expanded on the tradition by displaying the eggs on the White House Colonnade, and because sexual orientation wasn't part of the Civil Rights Act until 2020? So somehow Biden is making that an "in your face?" How can you even pretend to be serious with that? Surely you've got some proof in the form of a statement he made where he said "Oh, by the way, please pay extra attention to the 'no religious symbols' part of the flyer"? Something where he specifically pointed it out? 

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t recall any mention of these restrictions (even though they existed) until this year when Joe proclaimed March 31, 2024 in the year of our Lord by presidential decree.  It is beyond me that Joe and Dr. Jill didn’t even think of the conflict in the date.  Therefore, this was planned in a way to draw attention, albeit, the wrong kind of attention.

So because you don't remember them being mentioned, that means Biden pointed them out? Certainly couldn't have been the nutcases where you get your "news", right? If extreme right wing media loons hadn't been up in arms about this, I guarantee you still wouldn't know about those restrictions.

As has been pointed out, why would Biden change the date? It's been March 31 from the start, and he's already observed it three times. What message would it have sent to the Trans community if he had moved the date to appease a bunch of people who don't approve of them anyway? Why make the idiotic suggestion to change the date of something that's already been established just because it happens to fall on Easter this year? And you say Biden planned it, but there is literally nothing different from this proclamation compared to the last three except it fell on Easter this year. Only in your hate-filled mind does it make any sense that Biden "planned" it. 

I notice you still haven't told me how this harms anyone in any way, yet you're losing your s**t over it. Your decent to an obsequious MAGA howler monkey is obvious to everyone when the worst you'll say about Trump is that you don't like him, but you'll say Biden is a horrible person. Remember that the next time you accuse anyone of TDS.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Great Scott. This is a whirlwind of crazy. 

You're saying they "highlighted" the restrictions because they expanded on the tradition by displaying the eggs on the White House Colonnade, and because sexual orientation wasn't part of the Civil Rights Act until 2020? So somehow Biden is making that an "in your face?" How can you even pretend to be serious with that? Surely you've got some proof in the form of a statement he made where he said "Oh, by the way, please pay extra attention to the 'no religious symbols' part of the flyer"? Something where he specifically pointed it out? 

So because you don't remember them being mentioned, that means Biden pointed them out? Certainly couldn't have been the nutcases where you get your "news", right? If extreme right wing media loons hadn't been up in arms about this, I guarantee you still wouldn't know about those restrictions.

As has been pointed out, why would Biden change the date? It's been March 31 from the start, and he's already observed it three times. What message would it have sent to the Trans community if he had moved the date to appease a bunch of people who don't approve of them anyway? Why make the idiotic suggestion to change the date of something that's already been established just because it happens to fall on Easter this year? And you say Biden planned it, but there is literally nothing different from this proclamation compared to the last three except it fell on Easter this year. Only in your hate-filled mind does it make any sense that Biden "planned" it. 

I notice you still haven't told me how this harms anyone in any way, yet you're losing your s**t over it. Your decent to an obsequious MAGA howler monkey is obvious to everyone when the worst you'll say about Trump is that you don't like him, but you'll say Biden is a horrible person. Remember that the next time you accuse anyone of TDS.

I completely understand your points. However, Easter (even more than Christmas) is the holiest of the Christian holidays and transgender is something society is still getting its arms around.  And some Christian’s are obviously struggling even more with it.  This wasn’t useful. At all. Whatever magical committee established the date should have planned way (years) better in advance and not have even created the situation. imo no celebration day should be scheduled on Easter out of simple respect and Biden should not have been put in a political no win situation like that.  Yes maga would go predictably nuts - but even many moderates were uncomfortable with the timing.

Why create a silly controversy when youre trying to slowly win over a society.? How’s and when’s matter.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I completely understand your points. However, Easter (even more than Christmas) is the holiest of the Christian holidays and transgender is something society is still getting its arms around.  And some Christian’s are obviously struggling even more with it.  This wasn’t useful. At all. Whatever magical committee established the date should have planned way (years) better in advance and not have even created the situation. imo no celebration day should be scheduled on Easter out of simple respect and Biden should not have been put in a political no win situation like that.  Yes maga would go predictably nuts - but even many moderates were uncomfortable with the timing.

Why create a silly controversy when youre trying to slowly win over a society.? How’s and when’s matter.

Well, the good news is it won't be an issue again until 2086.

Could the originators of the day have planned better? Sure, but I would suspect they were more concerned about short-term backlash rather than expecting the outrage to finally hit 15 years down the road. If there were evidence they had targeted Easter specifically, I could understand people being upset. This all just seems silly to me.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It was a meaningless proclamation and the BS story resonated in circles that have some negative Biden story daily anyway.

Just be thankful it did not coincide with a major NASCAR event……talk about seeing holy hell raised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just be thankful it did not coincide with a major NASCAR event……talk about seeing holy hell raised.

NASCAR isn’t that stupid.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Surely you've got some proof in the form of a statement he made where he said "Oh, by the way, please pay extra attention to the 'no religious symbols' part of the flyer"? Something where he specifically pointed it out? 

Biden is stupid, but not that stupid.  HIs motto is plausible deniability.  He will let the population decide his motive and then either walk it back or embrace it.  He has already said *he didn’t do that* when asked by a reporter.

Nice rant.  Why change it?  1) it’s an election year and this brings up the stark difference in philosophy between the two candidates, 2) this proclamation further divided an already divided country and did not promote any healing or coming together…at all, 3) the public in now demanding Biden take a stand and he is wavering by saying *he didn’t do that*.  

All of these points should have been known and dealt with, but no, Biden has to push the envelop toward his extreme left base.  He is a hero to them, but he is not governing to the middle where the votes are.  Kennedy will steal those from him.

I notice you still haven't told me how this harms anyone in any way, yet you're losing your s**t over it.

I am no losing my sh!t over it,  on the contrary, I love Biden has done this to himself.  Who has it hurt; I hope Biden’s chances of being re-elected.  As stated earlier, this has shown how Biden operates and the stark difference between the two main candidates.  Favoring a made up holiday that has been around for 15 years over (and that is how the Christians feel about it) Easter the most significant day in the Christian calendar is a slap in the face of all Christains.  

Biden is all about governing according to his base, which is exceedingly left, and most voters are more to the center.  Oh, there was no mention of the Trans Day of Visibility on his Spanish speaking X account.  I wonder why?

Biden and KJP getting past this blunder should be entertaining.  I’m sure it will contain the words Republicans and Trump.

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

decent

Check your spelling. :poke:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I think this is great! Biden is taking his job seriously, and governing for all people and beliefs and not just in the way his Catholic faith demands that he govern. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gasp! The WH displayed eggs designed by…children? The bastage.

46 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think this is great! Biden is taking his job seriously, and governing for all people and beliefs and not just in the way his Catholic faith demands that he govern. 

Signing a TVD proclamation is not “governing”. It is pandering to a group. 

• Like 2