You haters know who you are

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

These two were posted by Trump supporters on my FB feed. True believers.

That sums it up nicely.

There are way too many similarities between Trumpism and a religious cult to be simple coincidence.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

That sums it up nicely.

There are way too many similarities between Trumpism and a religious cult to be simple coincidence.

Just a couple of random post from some of Tex FB circles, friends or whatever they call each other. Nothing more than that. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Just a couple of random post from some of Tex FB circles, friends or whatever they call each other. Nothing more than that. 

Yeah, it’s not like there’s not millions of other folks sharing them.

• Haha 2

I think I imagined that if parts the country ever became under the spell of an autocrat type, he’d be  … different than what we’ve got

image.gif.e964a64a2892033f9dd2ae86510eaf04.gif

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think I imagined that if parts the country ever became under the spell of an autocrat type, he’d be  … different than what we’ve got

image.gif.e964a64a2892033f9dd2ae86510eaf04.gif

That’s what gets me. He’s so transparently a BS con man and tens of millions fall for the con.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s what gets me. He’s so transparently a BS con man and tens of millions fall for the con.

This article is more than 2 years old

‘A one-man scam Pac’: Trump’s money hustling tricks prompt fresh scrutiny

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/02/donald-trump-fundraising-schemes-campaign-finance-scrutiny-criticism

The U.S. is becoming a global laughing stock of democracy.  Authoritarians and dictators around the world are celebrating (while laughing).

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

This article is more than 2 years old

Pulling an old article out of the file huh? Is there an article about Trump that you have not read, filed, and posted in the last several years……..as weird as Tex FB friends and their goofy stuff.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pulling an old article out of the file huh? Is there an article about Trump that you have not read, filed, and posted in the last several years……..as weird as Tex FB friends and their goofy stuff.

Salty, personally I don’t think all of maga is nuts, and Biden is definitely a weak alternative. That being said - again, if maga is an important ideology filled with thoughtful people, why did Desantis (I see Haley as a more traditional Republican) get completely curb stomped? He was the perfect candidate right in front of maga (hell, he spent 6 months in Iowa). He is literally a more electable trump - without the baggage and a superior track record and pedigree. For me, that’s when I decided maga is not a political party. It’s something else and sometimes hard to take seriously.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

That sums it up nicely.

IMG_0490.thumb.jpeg.2540a29f932c997f4d371176ff840c49.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Salty, personally I don’t think all of maga is nuts, and Biden is definitely a weak alternative. That being said - again, if maga is an important ideology filled with thoughtful people, why did Desantis (I see Haley as a more traditional Republican) get completely curb stomped? He was the perfect candidate right in front of maga (hell, he spent 6 months in Iowa). He is literally a more electable trump - without the baggage and a superior track record and pedigree. For me, that’s when I decided maga is not a political party. It’s something else and sometimes hard to take seriously.

And Trump’s overwhelming victory demonstrates that most Republican voters are MAGA, even if MAGA is a spectrum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

And Trump’s overwhelming victory demonstrates that most Republican voters are MAGA, even if MAGA is a spectrum.

I agree. Most traditional republicans switched to independent over the past 7 years.  I continue to call it maga out of denial - but yes, factually it is todays “Republican Party”. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Desantis would never stand a chance vs Biden. When he was the front runner the press and this very forum tore him to pieces. “Trump on steroids”. People know more about problems in Florida than any other state.

Big problem is the labeling “MAGA”. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, it’s not like there’s not millions of other folks sharing them.

I wouldn’t know but sure if you say so.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Desantis would never stand a chance vs Biden. When he was the front runner the press and this very forum tore him to pieces. “Trump on steroids”. People know more about problems in Florida than any other state.

Big problem is the labeling “MAGA”. 

Interesting take on history and polls. Btw  No one labeled maga - they earned it all by themselves.   

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Interesting take on history and polls. Btw  No one labeled maga - they earned it all by themselves.   

Thanks for your opinion. maga is a label like others that is thrown and directed at undeserving people. Jmo

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

48 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

This is Biden’s imitation Nazi speech in September of 2022 from Philadelphia, see if you can pick out the labeling.  It really set the tone for unity of all Americans and I see you have agreed with his sentiment.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is Biden’s imitation Nazi speech in September of 2022 from Philadelphia, see if you can pick out the labeling.  It really set the tone for unity of all Americans and I see you have agreed with his sentiment.

I’ve made it clear I have an issue with maga. When it embraced the kkk and other alt right groups, which had always been rejected by republicans before, they lost me. And many other republicans. Now it just seems like an angry, blame others, and often a “stick to the man” childlike culture. No concept of financial policy, fixated on people that are different.

Not exactly the party of Lincoln anymore

Do i think the dems are lily white - hardly. Progressives have ideologically screwed them up. Do I agree on several maga positions (ie the border) - absolutely. However,  whether it’s Trump or maga - chicken or egg - I don’t know. But something way at its core just ain’t right.

Btw I’ve never thought the trump nazi comparison stuff is useful.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks for your opinion. maga is a label like others that is thrown and directed at undeserving people. Jmo

Yep. Dems gotta quit with the unwanted labeling!

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/donald-trump-allies-create-a-new-super-pac-called-maga-inc

IMG_1816.png

IMG_1817.png

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pulling an old article out of the file sted in the last several years……..as weird as Tex FB friends and their goofy stuff.

Well it's not like Trump has changed has he??  ;D

One thing you can say about him is that he's consistent. He's been a narcissistic, psychopathic, grifter from the git-go.

What's "goofy" is people - like you - continue to be blind to it.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1