Calipari to Arkansas

So crazy that Calipari arrives at Arkansas and has only one returning player on the roster - a walk-on. Every single other player has either graduated, is out of eligibility, declared for the draft, or entered the transfer portal. Every. Single. One.

Also apparently Scott Drew has said no to UK.

3 hours ago, ertrader said:

So crazy that Calipari arrives at Arkansas and has only one returning player on the roster - a walk-on. Every single other player has either graduated, is out of eligibility, declared for the draft, or entered the transfer portal. Every. Single. One.

Also apparently Scott Drew has said no to UK.

Yes, Drew has withdrawn.  Apparently, so have Hurley and Oats.

How many more "no" responses does the UK AD need to hear before he calls Bruce?

Make no mistake: if he calls, I think Bruce would say "yes" before even hearing the contract terms.

The longer this draws out, the closer we come to returning to the SEC cellar.

Someone (before Bruce), please say "yes".

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Yes, Drew has withdrawn.  Apparently, so have Hurley and Oats.

How many more "no" responses does the UK AD need to hear before he calls Bruce?

Make no mistake: if he calls, I think Bruce would say "yes" before even hearing the contract terms.

The longer this draws out, the closer we come to returning to the SEC cellar.

Someone (before Bruce), please say "yes".

I agree with most of what you said, except I don't think losing Bruce has to mean a return to the SEC cellar. Maybe a setback, but if Auburn can make the right hire to replace Bruce if that were to happen, we could recover and build on the foundation Bruce put in place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Returning to the original topic (I know, crazy huh), Calipari is pulling in some good recruits at Arkansas. I'm not sure how his style of team building, coaching and play will translate at Arky, but they are going to have more raw talent next season.

And fact is, at one time, Calipari really could coach up players and make a good run. If he re-dedicates himself to real coaching, he might be able to revive the Razorbacks once again. Under Nolan Richardson, Arkansas was a team to be feared.

That's kind of a big IF, though. The game has changed and he had trouble adapting at Kentucky, which is why he is gone. Still, an improved Arkansas, with Texas and Oklahoma incoming, and Bama and Tennessee as very solid programs -- the SEC ain't gettin' easier.