Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Best of luck to Aden. He was just in over his head at Auburn.

Did Tahaad Pettiford disappear or something? I thought he was due to arrive on campus next month. Another of CBP's miniPGs.

pettiford is short, i think listed 6-1, but i also have an understanding he is a 2 guard or SG, not a PG.  i may be incorrect too

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Good for all involved. Now let’s get some real play makers in here at the guard spot once again. 

Once again? Since when? Only Jared Harper comes to mind at point.

I think Aden jumping into the portal was a foregone conclusion. It simply didn't work for him at Auburn.

Now three guards have jumped ship and I find it doubtful that Auburn's staff wanted to see all three leave. We are going to need a lot of help at guard and need it in a hurry.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Bruce is struggling hard to manage the roster in the NIL era. Hope he can figure it out. Brand new team each year stinks. 

I mean that’s any coach and program. Just the new reality of college athletics. The 5 star guys that work out don’t stay long as they will go pro asap and the ones that don’t work out Go in the portal.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

pettiford is short, i think listed 6-1, but i also have an understanding he is a 2 guard or SG, not a PG.  i may be incorrect too

You are correct. Bruce said recently he is going to do what he does best which is get buckets and play off ball.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think Aden jumping into the portal was a foregone conclusion. It simply didn't work for him at Auburn.

Now three guards have jumped ship and I find it doubtful that Auburn's staff wanted to see all three leave. We are going to need a lot of help at guard and need it in a hurry.

Only one that was a suprise was tre. Because he told them just a few days earlier he was staying.

23 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Wendell for all his flaws and deficiencies was second team all sec in the 22/23 season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Does this change anything as far as our actual recruiting class? Does BP try to recruit a PG now?

Going hard after 2 transfer portal guys. Of course both won’t come. Just hope we get 1.

• Like 1

Kid didn’t want to work for his…..

• Like 1

Hope he works on his shot and offense  for next season destination. He couldn't hit Jack the in final months

I wish the young man well. For whatever reason things went down hill once conference play started. Hopefully he goes outside the conference so he doesnt  have the chance to become a thorn in Auburn’s side. Mitchell comes to mind and it seems he is doing well in the pros 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

The interesting part in all of this is when AH made the SEC Freshmen Team. Some people caught heat for saying they don’t see how because he was struggling so bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

That is correct. Wouldn’t be shocked if he has to run some backup point out of necessity depending on how this recruiting period goes though. It wouldn’t be the first season where we had to all hands on deck the PG position (2019-20 and 2021-22 namely lol). 

That being said, it’d be asking a LOT less out of him to be an occasional backup point guard (in name) a few minutes than what we asked of Aden. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

Bruce is struggling hard to manage the roster in the NIL era. Hope he can figure it out. Brand new team each year stinks. 

I’m not sure that is entirely true. Maybe true with PGs but Bruce has got some high quality transfers as of late 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

I’m not sure that is entirely true. Maybe true with PGs but Bruce has got some high quality transfers as of late 

I’m VERY interested to see what if any progress Chaney Johnson makes next year. He flashed real potential to be a true producer as the season went on. He’s very gifted athletically, but he stayed composed and showed great effort and promise as the season matured.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Then sounds like you’ve answered your own question. 

The online sources I've seen list Pettiford at 5'10" or 5'11". Unless he has experienced a growth spurt, he is another CBP mini-PG.

I'm not predicting calamity. Pettiford is the #2 PG nationally. Just sayin ..... yet another CBP mini guard.

Edited by AURex

9 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I’m VERY interested to see what if any progress Chaney Johnson makes next year. He flashed real potential to be a true producer as the season went on. He’s very gifted athletically, but he stayed composed and showed great effort and promise as the season matured.

Chaney really turned it on this year, and I was glad to see it.  He played tough underneath, drove hard and made good shots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

The online sources I've seen list Pettiford at 5'10" or 5'11". Unless he has experienced a growth spurt, he is another CBP mini-PG.

I'm not predicting calamity. Pettiford is the #2 PG nationally. Just sayin ..... yet another CBP mini guard.

https://247sports.com/player/tahaad-pettiford-46117559/
https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/tahaad-pettiford-284405?view=pv

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/tahaad-pettiford/boysbasketball/season/2021-2022

ESPN is the only source I’ve seen that had him at the height you listed so far. Probably 5’11 bare footed, but I believe the NCAA generally measures using shoes

I think NIL is a toxin for teams.  It's going to drive coaches insane before it's all over.  I'm sure it was hard for Tre to see Aden with a bigger payout, and that puts more pressure on Aden too. And I assume Tahaad will come in making more than Aden. I would have liked to see both Tre and Aden come back.  Absent NIL, they probably would have. They are way better than people give them credit for.  You don't win 25 games and the SEC title without good guards.  And they will be better next year.  I hope Bruce kills it in the portal like last year, but there's no guarantees.  And it sounds like a lot of tampering is going on with Broome.  This whole system really does suck. I'm glad to see the players making some money, but it would be better if they all got a nice wage that is the same.  As it is, this is going to escalate until only a handful of schools can afford the top talent. 

22 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I think NIL is a toxin for teams.  It's going to drive coaches insane before it's all over.  I'm sure it was hard for Tre to see Aden with a bigger payout, and that puts more pressure on Aden too. And I assume Tahaad will come in making more than Aden. I would have liked to see both Tre and Aden come back.  Absent NIL, they probably would have. They are way better than people give them credit for.  You don't win 25 games and the SEC title without good guards.  And they will be better next year.  I hope Bruce kills it in the portal like last year, but there's no guarantees.  And it sounds like a lot of tampering is going on with Broome.  This whole system really does suck. I'm glad to see the players making some money, but it would be better if they all got a nice wage that is the same.  As it is, this is going to escalate until only a handful of schools can afford the top talent. 

I will respectfully disagree on the good guard play. All the guards had to do was manage the game and don’t turn the ball over. Auburn front court masked the back court deficiencies. As u can see in the tournament u would need contributions from your guards 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I will respectfully disagree on the good guard play. All the guards had to do was manage the game and don’t turn the ball over. Auburn front court masked the back court deficiencies. As u can see in the tournament u would need contributions from your guards 

Correct. We won 25 games and a league tourney title because of Broome primarily along with a generally good overall team/ depth. I would say our PG play was serviceable over the regular season but that’s about it. And unfortunately the regular season and the NCAA tournament are two different animals and serviceable won’t cut it. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Then sounds like you’ve answered your own question. 

Oh yeah? Well, it doesn't mean I'm right...😆

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

But but, if the fans and donors just give more and more. Held hostage for ransom otherwise the player will go where the payment is higher.

Amazing that what was known when the nil started is a surprise now for so many. Only the rich schools will compete and Auburn won’t be one consistently.

Football will see the same maybe 15-20 teams every year. Smaller schools will really struggle.