Aden Holloway hits the portal (4/20 Committed to UAT)

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

@bigbird please kick this troll who is clearly a bama fan. No real AU fan would actually say this….

@bigbird You’re entirely free to do whatever feels right in your heart to do. I won’t judge you either way 🫡

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I don’t get why people are mad. Most wanted him gone. I didn’t think he played well at all but hopes he stick around to try and make it right. No one is privy to the conversation that was had between CBP and Aden. Good luck to him . Hopefully he just stinks it up when Auburn plays them

I’m glad that someone is able to read my posts and leave emotion at the door lol. Dudes hear Hokanson or whoever allude to Aden freezing out Pearl and are ready to wish the kid the worst with their perception that he’s spitting on Pearl.  It’s just incredible really

Aden did the right thing for Aden. The coaching staff essentially pushed one of him or Tre out and the program that just developed arguably the best point guard in CBB gave him an offer. If you read this and completely took away who that program was, why would you NOT commit there?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m glad that someone is able to read my posts and leave emotion at the door lol. Dudes hear Hokanson or whoever allude to Aden freezing out Pearl and are ready to wish the kid the worst with their perception that he’s spitting on Pearl.  It’s just incredible really

Aden did the right thing for Aden. The coaching staff essentially pushed one of him or Tre out and the program that just developed arguably the best point guard in CBB gave him an offer. If you read this and completely took away who that program was, why would you NOT commit there?

You would take up for the player and not our legendary coach! So tyyyyyp of you. You have complained about it more than anyone that Bruce is loyal to a fault. The guy that keeps bringing back C Mo is kicking out a McDonald’s all American!? I. Don’t. Think. So. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You would take up for the player and not our legendary coach! So tyyyyyp of you. You have complained about it more than anyone that Bruce is loyal to a fault. The guy that keeps bringing back C Mo is kicking out a McDonald’s all American!? I. Don’t. Think. So. 

I have no clue why you keep badgering me about this? 

I'd love to read the entire piece rather than an obvious "this is gonna piss Auburn fans off and get me some engagement" snippet, but this is a pretty nuts quote lol. I'd love for him to expound on what he means by a different direction.

He did go from bench player to starter after the first couple games...maybe that? We ran him off ball more once we got to SEC play and he didn't show the ability to be a real point guard. Could've been that. I don't intend on joining Alabama boards to get the scoops, but I'm interested to see what was promised to the kid in terms of how they'll use him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd love to read the entire piece rather than an obvious "this is gonna piss Auburn fans off and get me some engagement" snippet, but this is a pretty nuts quote lol. I'd love for him to expound on what he means by a different direction.

He did go from bench player to starter after the first couple games...maybe that? We ran him off ball more once we got to SEC play and he didn't show the ability to be a real point guard. Could've been that. I don't intend on joining Alabama boards to get the scoops, but I'm interested to see what was promised to the kid in terms of how they'll use him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Denver Jones family member always has BP and AU back!!! I fuggin love it! Always hyping up AU on social media! 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man this is the truth.  I'm annoyed by the media spectacle this will create and how much we're gonna hear about it moving forward.  I expect Aden will improve some... but I've also seen what he can do and frankly, I'm glad he is where he is now.  With this kind of attitude, I fully expect him to fail to live up to his full potential.  Now he can blame Nate.

Would've cheered for him anywhere else. Will be pulling hard for TD and KD moving forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Here’s the joke…

You know, he’s right. Bama is so much worse than Isis.

or maybe the better joke was comeon man, @autigeremtwas not being literal...   Or, maybe he was... 

1 minute ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Man this is the truth.  I'm annoyed by the media spectacle this will create and how much we're gonna hear about it moving forward.  I expect Aden will improve some... but I've also seen what he can do and frankly, I'm glad he is where he is now.  With this kind of attitude, I fully expect him to fail to live up to his full potential.  Now he can blame Nate.

Would've cheered for him anywhere else. Will be pulling hard for TD and KD moving forward.

See the narrative will be that oats and bama helped him improve. That’s going to be unbearable to hear when it’s all bs…. BUT he would have improved here if he stayed  or literally ANYWHERE!! It’s just natural going from year 1 to year 2. Tre improved big time from his freshman to sophomore year. He was almost unplayable as a freshman and was our best PG as a sophomore. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Don't routinely show up high to practice and you may play more

Maybe that explains why he can't shoot. I couldn't shoot worth a damn stoned myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He was given every opportunity, pissed it away and now wants to play the victim. Good riddance

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eagle-2 said:

Maybe that explains why he can't shoot. I couldn't shoot worth a damn stoned myself.

I really need to hear fifty’s take on this topic

• Haha 3

Just now, CR said:

I really need to hear fifty’s take on this topic

Yeah, I'm far from an expert as I haven't burned one in nearly 40 years. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can tell you what alot of the hate is right now by Auburn fans towards Aden; he has the ability to be a really good player and fans are worried Nate Oats will get the most out of Aden and it will make Bruce look like he isn't as good of a developer or HC as Nate Oats. Deep down, that's a BIG part of all this hate even though nobody will admit it due to pride.

95% of this is a Nate Oats and Bama vs Bruce Pearl and Auburn thing and most are worried we won't come out on a the winning side of this deal longterm. 

Just read through all of the game threads other than the Georgia game and most everybody wanted Aden gone. Well, he's gone and now look at those same people complaining.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Don't know if Bama is the best place to get the mentality part of basketball right, but I do hope there's some maturation (as I would hope for most freshmen btw). Other than rumors that've already been laid out, the on-court confidence/body language definitely needs to be better 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@bigbird please kick this troll who is clearly a bama fan. No real AU fan would actually say this….

Grow up. 🙄

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You’re not talking vertical leap, are you.🤔

• Haha 3

Personally, if I were going to give Alabama a player who is undersized, can't finish at the rim, and couldn't hit the water with an anchor off a rowboat I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather give them than Holloway, so I'm not at all burdened by this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Grow up. 🙄

Not kindly F off. That will always be my kind of response when ON A AU message board a supposed AU fan is championing oats and bama? Nah. F that. 

IMG_7765.gif