Rep. Mike Lawler on MTG

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

What would be the biggest effect should this bill pass for the average consumer. 

I presume you'd be referencing oil prices.

I've got to get back in the woods. Turkeys are gobbling. To be continued.....

Edited by AUFAN78

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I presume you'd be referencing oil prices.

I've got to get back in the woods. Turkeys are gobbling. To be continued.....

Correct. So in addition to ticking off China we’d also spike gas prices. 

Edited by AUDub

33 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

This is my point about 2028. Trump may have learned how to manipulate maga - but way down deep he isn’t one. He’s just an opportunist: he gives maga what they want, they give him votes. Symbiotic. MTG IS maga, she really believe this stuff, combined with rage and eat your own. Once Trump is gone, and the next gen of maga steps up - hang on.  Unless electorates get a handle on their nut cases, mtg is a lens into the potential of where maga goes.

Trump is more centrist than Biden and that is not MAGA as the press and some on here want to admit.  Once Trump is out of the picture the base will move from MAGA on to an American First (not isolationist) approach IMO.

Open borders and financing terrorist organizations should not be the focus of America.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump is more centrist than Biden and that is not MAGA as the press and some on here want to admit.  Once Trump is out of the picture the base will move from MAGA on to an American First (not isolationist) approach IMO.

Open borders and financing terrorist organizations should not be the focus of America.

You do realize that the last sentence is the programming that you have adopted?   There is no serious person in a leadership position that endorses what you suggest.  To believe that, allows those that want that to be your focus to do anything they choose with that phrase being in their back pocket to keep you in line.

It works in the same way that claiming the other side all wants boys to be girls and girls to be boys... and the nonsense that follows.  It allows those pushing that as a social warfare issue to do whatever they please without being questioned.

Edited by AU9377
  • Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no serious person in a leadership position that endorses what you suggest. 

Mayorkas has been impeached because of *open borders*; now you my believe non of the people that voted for the impeachment (all along party lines) are not serious, but it has been obvious from day one of the Biden administration.  This should be brought to the public, but Schumer is actively suppressing the information.  I guess, to you, Schumer is a serious leader, right?

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

It works in the same way that claiming the other side all wants boys to be girls and girls to be boys... and the nonsense that follows.  It allows those pushing that as a social warfare issue to do whatever they please without being questioned.

You are warped.  Biden has EOs supporting *gender affirming care*, now he doesn’t address ALL girls and boys should switch genders, but he has introduced the ideology in K-3 in our public schools.  As I have always said the issue is the LGBTQdfajfa coalition is focusing on minors before they have the ability to decide what is best for the rest of their lives.  I have been on this subject since Dr Rachel Lavine was up for the appointment of Assistant Secretary of Health just to protect our children.  

How you can go along with confusing young children before they have the opportunity to decide for themselves how they want to live their lives is beyond me.

• Like 1

Give any thread topic over 12 posts and it will inevitably mutate into a the deep state is coming for a children’s penis’s thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Give any thread topic over 12 posts and it will inevitably mutate into a the deep state is coming for a children’s penis’s thread.

I didn’t do it, I just defended my position.  You must believe going after children’s penis’ is OK like 93 does.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t do it, I just defended my position.  You must believe going after children’s penis’ is OK like 93 does.

I was somewhat teasing.  We all have our fixations.  Yours seems to be the border (which we agree on) and LGBTG (which I understand but believe your inflating the situation, plus it’s generally a states issue anyway - yes, ive seen the stats). Mine  are fiscal (the deficit), states rights (stop trying to get California to agree with Miss - don’t need to), and external threats (Putin and China). Yep, I’m a Reagan neocon.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:54 AM, homersapien said:

Let me see if I understand this thread:

1. Republicans clearly can't govern.

2. It's the Democrats fault.

BINGO!!!!!!!

• Haha 1