Pretty close

All  I can figure is there are  lots of evangelical folks that assemble stuff without ever actually reading the instructions. Jesus”s position on nationalism in the gospels is very  very clear. Ie

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

John 18:36

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

All  I can figure is there are  lots of evangelical folks that assemble stuff without ever actually reading the instructions. Jesus”s position on nationalism in the gospels is very  very clear. Ie

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Interesting.  Why does the left always bring religion into the conversation when our government has stated the country has separation of church and state?  Are the left so butt hurt that they can’t stand a differing point of view even when that point of view has no direct influence on our governent?

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ironic that so many Christians - in particular, the dominionists - don't seem to follow Jesus's teachings at all.

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting.  Why does the left always bring religion into the conversation when our government has stated the country has separation of church and state?  Are the left so butt hurt that they can’t stand a differing point of view even when that point of view has no direct influence on our governent?

At a high level it’s a very fair point. But, for example, the fact that Israel gets massive policy favoritism over all other nations by much of maga implies they aren’t very…. separate are they?

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

At a high level it’s a very fair point. But, for example, the fact that Israel gets massive policy favoritism over all other nations by much of maga implies they aren’t very…. separate are they?

Implies is telling.  There are reasons other than religious to back Israel and that should be the focus.  Arguments can be won without the use of religion, but the left is the one that keeps bringing it up.  The left need to get over its distain for religion, especially Christianity and Judaism. 

Edited by I_M4_AU

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Let's face it. 

Separation of "church and state" is a founding principle that is frequently ignored.

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Let's face it. 

Separation of "church and state" is a founding principle that is frequently ignored.

There's at least one Conservative Christian poster on these forums that I know of (and likely several others) who do not believe the Separation of Church and State is even real and is an unconstitutional mandate. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There's at least one Conservative Christian poster on these forums that I know of (and likely several others) that do not who believes the Separation of Church and State isn't even real and is an unconstitutional mandate. 

In this poster’s defense, the words *separation of church and state* do not appear in the constitution, but it has been determined by the SCOTUS that it is enshrined in the 1st Amendment.  Nevertheless, some discussions revolve around religion and it is usually the left that brings if up.

There is at least one poster, may be more, that wants to dig deep enough into the beliefs of others so they will admit they take the Bible literally, as if that matters in any discussion.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

In this poster’s defense, the words *separation of church and state* do not appear in the constitution, but it has been determined by the SCOTUS that it is enshrined in the 1st Amendment.  Nevertheless, some discussions revolve around religion and it is usually the left that brings if up.

There is at least one poster, may be more, that wants to dig deep enough into the beliefs of others so they will admit they take the Bible literally, as if that matters in any discussion.

Man, I must have been having a stroke when I wrote out that grammatical abomination of a post. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Man, I must have been having a stroke when I wrote out that grammatical abomination of a post. 

I got the gist of it, I believe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Last time I checked….Israel has been the recipient of USA favoritism for a very long time.   Way before the left’s favorite word of the day, MAGA 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Last time I checked….Israel has been the recipient of USA favoritism for a very long time.   Way before the left’s favorite word of the day, MAGA 

1) maga name was Trump appointed. Left would have come up with a fluffier acronym  2) Israel was always a legacy ally and did a lot of ME dirty work for us over the decades. My point was the hard rights new pov seems to be Israel first, Israel only - purely for holy land reasons.  Hell with anyone else.

• Like 1