Bo Nix Drafted By Denver in First Round!

AU-24

I'll take my medicine. 

When Bo left Auburn, I would have bet a million dollars he'd never go in the first round of the draft. I didn't like his play at Auburn at all. 

Good for him. Wish him the best of luck. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Many so called AU fans were horrible to Nix. I’m happy he did what he needed to do for himself. I’m saddened at the modern fan for the way they turn on players so quickly. 

I will try to cheer on our guys as best I can. Hopefully I won’t fall into the pit of despair when it comes to an individual's play. Hopefully.

• Like 8

I think this vindicates a lot of us who said he always had the talent. Harsin was terrible. Malzahn was complacent. Came through Auburn at the worst time. Put him at Auburn 2015-2016 or right after Cam left and it’s a different story.

• Like 4

Complete fumble by a poorly lead university. Bo should have been drafted as a tiger and had the school gave a s*** about the program and didn’t hire unqualified dicks to run it he would have . I love Bo and this was an embarrassment that he didn’t get drafted as a Tiger. This was bad publicity for AU. Hugh has a mountain to climb and so does the fan base. I’m just pissed off about it folks . 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I'm happy for Bo.  What a great kid.  And loved the fact that alot of his film they showed was in an AU uniform.

All that said though:

Bo struggled against SEC caliber defenses and yes much of that was bc he played behind a piss poor Oline, but he also missed a whole bunch of wide open receivers for TD's that I remember watching.

He went from a league with the very best defenses week in and week out, to a league that basically plays NO DEFENSE.   

So to sum it up:  I hope Bo balls out in the NFL, but he's going to have to prove it to me against NFL defenses.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Could not be happier for Bo.  Congrats!

• Like 1

When you get picked twelfth you must be a damn good athlete. and i believe he still loves auburn but hars screwed him pretty bad and many of the fans said he was trying to be a prima donna when he met hars with his dad. shameful

• Like 6

Two thoughts on this. I totally agree with those that wish him well and I hope he balls out in the pros. I refuse to blame any kid for leaving the crap show our program was at that time. 

However, the scouts that the pros pay ' a lot of money to see through these situations ' are correct in their QB evaluations around 50% of the time. And the newest fad in the NFL is to sign a QB to the rookie minimum and play them for 2-3 years. If the team doesn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the QB after that, they trade them or cut them before they can make real money the 4th year. Unlike colleges who pay top dollar for QBs that may or may not be worth it. There are exceptions for every rule, but for every Mahomes I'll show you a Jamarcus Russell.

It does very few college QBs a favor as they aren't being trained properly, IMO. Aaron Rogers is the latest example of a QB brought up the old way. As in not starting until he was ready. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Bo Nix FIRST round draft pick, 12th player taken overall. 

So for those that said he wasn’t any good….

On a sidenote: he finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting as well. Can you imagine if the guy was actually good?

Bill Belichick stated: “he’s the number one pocket passer in the entire draft and you have to be intelligent to run Denver’s offense” 

I thought he was a good college QB. I would like to think Harsin drove him away more so than critical fans. There were people on Bill Cameron's show that need to fess up' they were wrong about Bo. I did not expect him to be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. Congrats Bo! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cbo said:

I'll take my medicine. 

When Bo left Auburn, I would have bet a million dollars he'd never go in the first round of the draft. I didn't like his play at Auburn at all. 

Good for him. Wish him the best of luck. 

That is because no matter how smart we are, we are not coaching that team at that time. I learned a lesson with Stan White. I hope Thorne teaches me another lesson. I just like my QB's to have stronger arms than he has, and I'm looking for better accuracy against elite defenses. That being said, I NEVER understood why Jason Stidham was criticized. He was INCREDIBLE. His deep ball and intermediate passing accuracy was fantastic. His arm was strong! He looked like an prototypical NFL QB. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Many so called AU fans were horrible to Nix. I’m happy he did what he needed to do for himself. I’m saddened at the modern fan for the way they turn on players so quickly. 

I will try to cheer on our guys as best I can. Hopefully I won’t fall into the pit of despair when it comes to an individual's play. Hopefully.

They criticized the wrong things. They didn't like his personality on the side lines and off the field. Ridiculous! They said he wasn't a team player. Ridiculous! You know who you are. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I'm happy for Bo.  What a great kid.  And loved the fact that alot of his film they showed was in an AU uniform.

All that said though:

Bo struggled against SEC caliber defenses and yes much of that was bc he played behind a piss poor Oline, but he also missed a whole bunch of wide open receivers for TD's that I remember watching.

He went from a league with the very best defenses week in and week out, to a league that basically plays NO DEFENSE.   

So to sum it up:  I hope Bo balls out in the NFL, but he's going to have to prove it to me against NFL defenses.

What are you saying is understood. I have similar feelings. But what did you say about him while he was at Auburn. I didn't say a word because the whole team wasn't living up to my expectation and I was frustrated with Gus offense and recruiting of linemen. I sure wasn't going to single a out a guy who was inconsistent and who was making great plays for Auburn! 

34 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Two thoughts on this. I totally agree with those that wish him well and I hope he balls out in the pros. I refuse to blame any kid for leaving the crap show our program was at that time. 

However, the scouts that the pros pay ' a lot of money to see through these situations ' are correct in their QB evaluations around 50% of the time. And the newest fad in the NFL is to sign a QB to the rookie minimum and play them for 2-3 years. If the team doesn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the QB after that, they trade them or cut them before they can make real money the 4th year. Unlike colleges who pay top dollar for QBs that may or may not be worth it. There are exceptions for every rule, but for every Mahomes I'll show you a Jamarcus Russell.

It does very few college QBs a favor as they aren't being trained properly, IMO. Aaron Rogers is the latest example of a QB brought up the old way. As in not starting until he was ready. 

It doesn't matter really. Just to get a real shot and real money with an NFL team is a dream come true for any QB. You have reached a pinnacle many will fall short of. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Bo Nix FIRST round draft pick, 12th player taken overall. 

So for those that said he wasn’t any good….

On a sidenote: he finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting as well. Can you imagine if the guy was actually good?

Bill Belichick stated: “he’s the number one pocket passer in the entire draft and you have to be intelligent to run Denver’s offense” 

Happy for him and hope it works out but for me I would wait and see how he does in the NFL with top defenses. There are lots of QB's drafted high that have not panned out, lots. Actually I think it would have been better for him to be drafted lower where he could have worked behind someone before being thrown into the fire. I felt like that is what happen with Gus, imho he should have never started playing when he did, was not ready and needed more time to mature etc. So again pulling for him but will wait to see how it works out, being drafted high is not any indication of how things are going to turn out... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

It doesn't matter really. Just to get a real shot and real money with an NFL team is a dream come true for any QB. You have reached a pinnacle many will fall short of. 

You are on a roll 93............

What are you saying is understood. I have similar feelings. But what did you say about him while he was at Auburn. I didn't say a word because the whole team wasn't living up to my expectation and I was frustrated with Gus offense and recruiting of linemen. I sure wasn't going to single a out a guy who was inconsistent and who was making great plays for Auburn! 

While he was there, our team as a whole was a crap show.  That was definitely on Gus & Harsin suckin as coaches.

I 100% pulled for Bo when he was at AU.   He definitely had the talent, he definitely had the arm strength.    

He really had 2 weaknesses:  He bailed out of the pocket too quick sometimes (most of that due to having a piss poor Oline, which I mentioned), and his accuracy was not very good on long balls.

• Like 1

Haven't seen on this thread yet any of the dozens of regular posters here "in the know" who were serial Bo trashers. Harsin shares blame,  look at Bo's interviews since December - an indictment of college football blueblood fan attitude. Glad for Bo, Patrick & fam.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Take that Harsin. well, I guess you can take it along with your 15 mill. 

Edited by Hay Field 101
  • Sad 1