Bo Nix Drafted By Denver in First Round!

AU-24

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Just to point out how much Harsin destroyed this roster… We’re at the end of round 4 and no Auburn players have been drafted.  NO, ZERO, NONE. The university of British Columbia has had a player drafted, and we’ve not had a single player go.

It’s crazy cuz I think those last couple Gus years we had set or tied our most draft selections. So the floor came out pretty fast 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Just to point out how much Harsin destroyed this roster… We’re at the end of round 4 and no Auburn players have been drafted.  NO, ZERO, NONE. The university of British Columbia has had a player drafted, and we’ve not had a single player go.

I don't think all of that is on Harsin 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't think all of that is on Harsin 

Does it matter? That’s why Freeze has a very short time to show improvement . He’s done a great job off the field so let’s hope it shows up in games. Otherwise Auburn will fall further behind.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

6th is very good. 5 full seasons, though.

5 seasons but I give him credit for starting as a freshman and beating the turds. As an 18 years old, he beat the best coach in the history of college football who is a defensive coach.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

5 seasons but I give him credit for starting as a freshman and beating the turds. As an 18 years old, he beat the best coach in the history of college football who is a defensive coach.

Not knocking him, just pointing out it distorts stat comparisons.

On 4/26/2024 at 4:29 PM, cole256 said:

Right. So so hated. It's so ironic he will be with stidham.... Even stid couldn't get thru here unscathed..... Any other guy or coach leaves here they are scum. 

Other QB leave the official site celebrated the kid having a bad game as if he ever did anything other than give his best at Auburn. Bo leaves it's all poor him and he had to play for Harsin.... Congrats as if he still played at Auburn. When have you ever seen that for another player that transferred? This thread wouldn't even be allowed on this board it would be on the rivals section if it was anybody else. If I didn't know better I would say he was a Manning, that's about the only guy I've seen be more privileged in the game of football.

Entire career it has always been somebody else fault for anything bad and all the praise and glory for anything good.

We will all get to see now though, no more excuses right. Good coach, every opportunity in the world, offensive minded coach. The coach even throws a bunch of wr screens and passes to the HB.....I mean it's perfect. 

Yep, notice that the Aden Holloway thread was moved to "Rivals" as soon as he signed with Bama.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Yep, notice that the Aden Holloway thread was moved to "Rivals" as soon as he signed with Bama.

Yes as will anyone who switches to our most hated rival. Would you expect anything less? You don’t think if Bo had switched to Bammer it wouldn’t have been moved to the Rivals thread and be wouldn’t have been absolutely shredded on this board? Nowhere near the same situation. 

Notice the Tre Donaldson thread was not moved. Perfect example. Transfer to Michigan not the same as to Updyke U. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Yes as will anyone who switches to our most hated rival. Would you expect anything less? You don’t think if Bo had switched to Bammer it wouldn’t have been moved to the Rivals thread and be wouldn’t have been absolutely shredded on this board? Nowhere near the same situation. 

Notice the Tre Donaldson thread was not moved. Perfect example. Transfer to Michigan not the same as to Updyke U. 

Man come on, every other football player moved to rivals. They literally moved gatewood then brought it back here to celebrate when he lost a game then moved it back to rivals. 

What about TJ, Robby those are football. Those are QBs. I can't believe some of you pretend that Bo isn't treated differently on this board than any other player.

Edited by cole256

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man come on, every other football player moved to rivals. They literally moved gatewood then brought it back here to celebrate when he lost a game then moved it back to rivals. 

What about TJ, Robby those are football. Those are QBs. I can't believe some of you pretend that Bo isn't treated differently on this board than any other player.

I honestly don’t care either way really, just pointing out Aden situation (or any player) switching to Bammer is not the same as Bo or Tre or anyone else transferring. 

Good for him. Will say he has a steep learning curve ahead of himself as the offense at Oregon hardly asked him to learn reads and progression. Hope they are willing to be patient with him. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 10:12 PM, AU-24 said:

Bo Nix FIRST round draft pick, 12th player taken overall. 

So for those that said he wasn’t any good….

On a sidenote: he finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting as well. Can you imagine if the guy was actually good?

Bill Belichick stated: “he’s the number one pocket passer in the entire draft and you have to be intelligent to run Denver’s offense” 

Great for Bo and very wise to move on from the situation we were in. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good for him. Will say he has a steep learning curve ahead of himself as the offense at Oregon hardly asked him to learn reads and progression. Hope they are willing to be patient with him. 

It's crazy to me nobody wants to discuss the system, crazy but not surprising. 

We will get to see now, this is literally the best situation he could have been in, Peyton tried to make tayson Hill a QB. 

• Like 2

So what about all the other guys in that class that everybody called babies and cowards and all of that when they transferred. Do they get an apology or pass now or was it just Bo who was allowed to throw up the deuces and quit because the coach sucks? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's crazy to me nobody wants to discuss the system, crazy but not surprising. 

We will get to see now, this is literally the best situation he could have been in, Peyton tried to make tayson Hill a QB. 

Yeah that was also a key in his success. The tailored offense system . Of course he still has to go out and perform but kudos to the Oregon staff in building an offense to his skill set. The NFL will be much different. We shall see. 

• Like 1

Just for some perspective, Yahoo Sports graded Denver's draft a "D" because of the Nix pick at #12.  They don't completely dislike Nix, but they thought #12 was way too high to draft him.  Of course, from Denver's perspective, they cut Russel Wilson loose and had to immediately get a QB somehow.  If this pick turns out bad, no one will remember it all started by investing too much in an aging Russel Wilson, prompting the gamble on Nix to try and erase the Wilson mistake. 

2024 NFL Draft grades: Denver Broncos earn one of our lowest grades mostly due to one pick (yahoo.com)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Just for some perspective, Yahoo Sports graded Denver's draft a "D" because of the Nix pick at #12.  They don't completely dislike Nix, but they thought #12 was way too high to draft him.  Of course, from Denver's perspective, they cut Russel Wilson loose and had to immediately get a QB somehow.  If this pick turns out bad, no one will remember it all started by investing too much in an aging Russel Wilson, prompting the gamble on Nix to try and erase the Wilson mistake. 

2024 NFL Draft grades: Denver Broncos earn one of our lowest grades mostly due to one pick (yahoo.com)

Cam Newton said when things are going well for Bo, he's one of the best QBs out there, he said on the other end when Bo has any adversity it's the opposite, he's one of the most horrible QBs. I remember saying something similar to that. 

I'm not a Denver fan, so I don't know what all they have and don't have, but in my mind as far as the NFL go nothing is going to be perfect. 

I know for a fact though I spoke on when we play teams that we are clearly better than, Bo would look amazing. But when it was time to play a team equal or better..... Horrible. Pretty much from what I saw when we played and the HB was averaging 5 yards a run we were going to win. As soon as it was we couldn't run and it was dependent on Bo to run the offense..... We looked like a pop warner team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, he beat them by himself huh? What were his stats that game?

• Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol, he beat them by himself huh? What were his stats that game?

15-30, 173 yards, 1 TD, 0 interceptions, 44 yards rushing, QBR 86.2.

Mac Jones actually had a higher QBR (89.8), even though he threw 2 interceptions.

Bo was good, but I think Mac Jones' mistakes were the deciding factor.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

He’s treated like every other first round QB that’s played at Auburn.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s treated like every other first round QB that’s played at Auburn.

I see what you did there :lol: 

Does make me wonder though, how many 1st round draft picks, of any position have transferred out of Auburn?

26 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Does make me wonder though, how many 1st round draft picks, of any position have transferred out of Auburn?

Dunno. But this guy was a Heisman finalist, an eyelash from being our 2nd leading all-time passer in less than 3 years and a first round draft pick, so it’s kinda insane to complain that we treat him differently than Joey Gatewood. Perhaps the stupidest comparison to demonstrate bias I’ve ever seen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Dunno. But this guy was a Heisman finalist, an eyelash from being our 2nd leading all-time passer in just 3 years and a first round draft pick, so it’s kinda insane to complain that we treat him differently than Joey Gatewood. Perhaps the stupidest comparison I’ve ever seen.

Just to play devils advocate here;

He's also a guy that was a legacy 3 year starter, job in 0 jeopardy, had NIL deals and 4th year starter locked up. Then saw things being kinda sucky with the new HC hire and just said "F Auburn, I'm out"

Don't get me wrong, I understand why he did it, I can appreciate why he did it. His college path to the NFL got much easier after leaving, and Auburn undoubtedly fielded a crappier offense without him.

But as a fan, the proven starters that said screw this I'm gone; hurts.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Just to play devils advocate here;

He's also a guy that was a legacy 3 year starter, job in 0 jeopardy, had NIL deals and 4th year starter locked up. Then saw things being kinda sucky with the new HC hire and just said "F Auburn, I'm out"

Don't get me wrong, I understand why he did it, I can appreciate why he did it. His college path to the NFL got much easier after leaving, and Auburn undoubtedly fielded a crappier offense without him.

But as a fan, the proven starters that said screw this I'm gone; hurts.

Sure. He was a 5 star QB recruit who started as a freshman. AU had high hopes. After 3 years folks thought he was way overrated, he bolts and ends up a Heisman finalist and 1st round draft pick. Few of us honestly saw that coming. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

You see how stupid that is. As if we are really talking about he started getting the privilege poor Bo stuff and he was a first round pick then...... Moronic thought process, but anything than to admit hey maybe we should treat all the kids like humans lol

• Haha 1

Bo received an elite title coming out of HS with by getting a 5 star rating. Now he’s elite again by being a first round NFL draft pick. The only time he didn’t play at an elite level was his time at Auburn. Our coaches and program squandered a huge opportunity and held him back. I’m happy he was able to make a rational rather emotional decision and left AU to maximize his potential. Hopefully Hugh can do better with our program moving forward. 

• Like 5