Soooo why did Marcus Harris go to the draft again?

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

He was first team All-Sec, there’s a good chance he’s at his ceiling as is. At a minimum he’s got a shot and now it’s up to him to make it or not. I don’t think I’d have disagreed with any decision he made on this one. 

Yes. He wasn't going to come back and do anything greater statistically that he already put up. The thing holding him back as far as draft is his size. He's not going to get bigger without losing his quickness.

At least now he can pick the team he wants to go for. I think he should go to a team that runs a 3-4 and see what he can do as a d end. I think he can be a major steal if that plays out. 

• Like 1

IMO , outside of getting drafted a little higher this is a deal for Harris. Going to a team like the Texan that’s on the rise with a defensive minded coach. Now it’s up to him. Hard to compare the NBA draft to the NFL as u have a much deeper pool in the NFL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

IMO , outside of getting drafted a little higher this is a deal for Harris. Going to a team like the Texan that’s on the rise with a defensive minded coach. Now it’s up to him. Hard to compare the NBA draft to the NFL as u have a much deeper pool in the NFL

lol dude come on. He’s a seventh round pick. Odds are he doesn’t make it past the first round of cuts.

36 minutes ago, e808 said:

That's amazing I was thinking Texans or Detroit or maybe Steelers would be good for him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol dude come on. He’s a seventh round pick. Odds are he doesn’t make it past the first round of cuts.

But some players from round seven do…why not him? Texans use a heavy DL rotation and he was an all SEC player, I think he has an above average chance to make it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Regardless he got drafted. Him coming back to Auburn guarantees him nothing.  Auburn has a new dline coach and defense coordinator.  He did what he thought was best for him and wish him well

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, e808 said:

Regardless he got drafted. Him coming back to Auburn guarantees him nothing.  Auburn has a new dline coach and defense coordinator.  He did what he thought was best for him and wish him well

Like others have stated above we need these guys to come back who aren’t going to be early round selections if they have eligibility still to make our squad as talented as possible.

Edited by GwillMac6

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yes. He wasn't going to come back and do anything greater statistically that he already put up. The thing holding him back as far as draft is his size. He's not going to get bigger without losing his quickness.

At least now he can pick the team he wants to go for. I think he should go to a team that runs a 3-4 and see what he can do as a d end. I think he can be a major steal if that plays out. 

That's what I figure, measurables in combine were decently similar to D Brown, but Brown did it carrying an extra like 40-50lbs.

I don't see him adding that kinda weight without slowing himself down a good bit.

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like others have stated above we need these guys to come back who aren’t going to be early round selections if they have eligibility still to make our squad as talented as possible.

You either want talented guys or you don't. The interest should be invested in the player most importantly. If you want guys that are going to keep coming back then you probably want low rated guys who didn't produce a bunch. If you have a d tackle that get first team SEC and producing 7 sacks from the d tackle spot you probably going to have a guy that will leave.

More than likely once they are at least a junior you aren't going to have a guy be first team and then say I love Auburn so much I'm going to risk it all and come back again just for the hell of it

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 4/28/2024 at 4:14 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Must be of mutual benefit. Not going to work any other way. If suppositions are anywhere close, they will move on due to inherent injury risk.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You can hire a agent and all of that but you still have to remove your name for draft consideration by the deadline.

They changed this rule for college basketball in 2018.  Players have until the Monday after the draft to declare their intention to return to school if they don't get drafted. In basketball there is little risk. You can go through the whole process and if not drafted, just go back to school.  Football is different.  A player can declare for the draft once without damaging their eligibility, but have to change their mind within 72 hours of the draft declaration date of January 15.  This means they can't participate in any of the draft process. If they get that far, it is already too late.