2025 4* LB Tyler Lockhart Decommits from AU

The 247Sports composite ranking lists Lockhart as the No. 145 overall player in the 2025 class as well as the No. 18 overall linebacker and No. 6 player in Mississippi. 

Lockhart is from Winona, Mississippi, and is listed at 6-foot-3, 200 pounds. 

According to the composite rankings, Lockhart is the second-highest-rated player in Auburn’s 2025 class.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2024/05/4-star-lb-tyler-lockhart-from-mississippi-commits-to-auburn-football.html

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

You can look at his picture and see talent. 6-3, 200. Not a small linebacker. He has thickness and range. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

‘Didn’t want him’ 😂

You got that right. This is a legit linebacker, no rotational piece.

Stone cold killa

• Like 1

I always look at the offer list and this guy has offers from us, Bama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, MSU, etc. Physically, he looks like he is ready to start for us today!!! Always nice to go into another state and steal a guy that was predicted to stay in-state. I like this pickup!!!

WDE, Tyler!!!!

• Like 1

Hope this kid sticks with us, but commitment doesn't mean the same as it did in the day.  It's a long time until signing day. Ole Miss and MSU NIL will probably have something to say before it's all over .It's hard to get overly excited about early out of state commits. I think we've already had a few to decommit. Let's hope our coaches have learned form this.  WDE!!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, autan said:

Hope this kid sticks with us, but commitment doesn't mean the same as it did in the day.  It's a long time until signing day. Ole Miss and MSU NIL will probably have something to say before it's all over .It's hard to get overly excited about early out of state commits. I think we've already had a few to decommit. Let's hope our coaches have learned form this.  WDE!!

This stuff is so out of hand I'm not sure there's anything to learn. I know that all coaches have learned to keep recruiting- no matter what- at every position. If the coach has to cull some because we had too many commits actually keep their word, too bad for the players. 

I freaking hate it , but what else can you do?

War Eagle! 

On 5/9/2024 at 1:33 PM, autan said:

I’m excited, just am also aware things change!!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 12:33 PM, autan said:

You get excited about the PR not the commitment. The PR helps with other commitments and builds an energy. 

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2024 at 12:33 PM, autan said:

Thanks for jinxing us on this one!  I guess he’s going to get more playing time at Miss State 😂

Edited by Tigger1985

Another decommit. Sometimes the Freeze 🥶 is a great thing. Sometimes 🥶 means we’re ice cold.  

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly , I am not even tripping. Most of these guys will change their minds 2 or 3 times. I can’t even hate , because I get just as excited when a guy “flips” to us after being “100%” committed to somewhere else. I do wish the culture would change a bit and these young men would hold off on the commitments , but in hindsight look at how the professionals act e.g. the old aggies baseball coach. 

Integrity is dying. But,   I still believe most of these kids are just really young.  they get caught up in the excitement.  The majority come from a rather boring life and are thrust into negotiating with some of the best high pressure salesmen in the world.   Very experienced, silver tongued and charismatic salesman using every physical and phycological technique offering you your dreams.  All designed to get a recruit to commit.

I am not sure I would be able to stick with "I should  wait and see.  I have plenty of time"  at my ripe old age,  let alone when I was 17 years old.   The odds are stacked against them sticking with their first or main commitment.   Another smooth talking salesman has just shown them something else that they like or want more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Integrity is dying. But,   I still believe most of these kids are just really young.  they get caught up in the excitement.  The majority come from a rather boring life and are thrust into negotiating with some of the best high pressure salesmen in the world.   Very experienced, silver tongued and charismatic salesman using every physical and phycological technique offering you your dreams.  All designed to get a recruit to commit.

I am not sure I would be able to stick with "I should  wait and see.  I have plenty of time"  at my ripe old age,  let alone when I was 17 years old.   The odds are stacked against them sticking with their first or main commitment.   Another smooth talking salesman has just shown them something else that they like or want more.

It’s not about integrity it’s about playing the game in this nil world. A commitment is just a negotiating tactic and bargaining chip at this point to see if the competition will pay them more. Nothing more. Nothing less.

• Like 4

On 6/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, GwillMac6 said:

It’s not about integrity it’s about playing the game in this nil world. A commitment is just a negotiating tactic and bargaining chip at this point to see if the competition will pay them more. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I was talking about in society in general about integrity being lost.  It is not just college football.    Do,  or at least try 100% to do,  what you say you are going to do... or don't say it. 

I think what you are saying is kind of my point.  It is all about the $.   A man's word means nothing anymore. Heck,  legal contract barely mean anything anymore.

"I am very heavily leaning toward XXXX."   Is as good as "I am 100% committed to XXXXX."  You do not give your word as a man until you are really 100% committed.

But like I said,  I believe most of these kids are just too young.   it is not an integrity issue for most that flip. ( I think more recruits get played by the system than recruits play the system. ) 

I am not against the recruit looking for more and better.    Get as much as you can.   There is no need to "lie" ( i know, strong word here)  about a commitment when you know you are shopping.  you can negotiate with integrity.  this goes for coaches also.

JMO of course.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2