We Have A Long Way To Go.

PowerI

The game today was sloppy. Our defense looked terrible in the second half. I know we had the reserves in but this was a Division I-AA team we were playing. I don't want to hear that they were ranked number 1, we should have done better. Right now we couldn't beat South Carolina. Tuberville needs to get his head out of his rear and start doing want he's paid 2 million dollars to do. And by the way, Vtech is making Gtech look like a high school team.

The world, this message board, would be better without fans like you. Cant even talk about a game logically.

By the way, did Reggie Ball even play in that game? Last I heard he had viral minigitis?

The world, this message board, would be better without fans like you.  Cant even talk about a game logically.

By the way, did Reggie Ball even play in that game?  Last I heard he had viral minigitis?

183533[/snapback]

Ball did play in the game and he was shut down by the Vtech defense, which was something that we couldn't do. I hate to be negative, but we have a long way to go. I have to be realistic.

Well, everyone has a right to an opinion, but I respectfully disagree with the original poster. Auburn's sloppy play was by third-stringers against the starters of a competent team. The first and second squads did what they were supposed to. The offense looked composed and executed well, even with an emergency start by Field.

And let me just say that we should be very proud of Field. He played within himself, made good decisions, and got the win. You could just see his confidence grow as the game went on. Auburn people should offer well-deserved congratulations to the young man.

Personally, I'm feeling much better about the team now than I did after week 1.

...poweri, pretend you're the coach. where would you start in fixing this perceived problem?

...poweri, pretend you're the coach. where would you start in fixing this perceived problem?

183555[/snapback]

If you do not have an answer to a problem then you have no right to complain about the way others are dealing with that problem.

I have to be realistic.

183534[/snapback]

No you don't. You have to be negative and fret all the time. It's in your genes or something. We toyed with this team not playing our 1st string QB and playing 3rd and 4th stringers for most of the 2nd half.

We could win 50-0 and you'd still damn them with faint praise.

They are a 1-AA team, we should beat them 50-0 with 2nd and 3rd stringers in.

We will be 7 - 5. We lose to LSU, GA, AL and one other team we should beat (either SC, OleMiss or some other conference lacky in a 3rd rate bowl game).

Other than wearing blue and orange, there is really nothing that sets this team apart. Nothing that makes me think that when the going gets tough it will step up. No senior leadership, no spark, no fire, no emotion.

We will be 7 - 5.  We lose to LSU, GA, AL and one other team we should beat (either SC, OleMiss or some other conference lacky in a 3rd rate bowl game). 

Other than wearing blue and orange, there is really nothing that sets this team apart.  Nothing that makes me think that when the going gets tough it will step up.  No senior leadership, no spark, no fire, no emotion.

183598[/snapback]

You guys beat all I've ever seen. WKU would mop the field with Ball State. You guys are spoiled. They are a well-coached team with more talent than you understand. I get to see more of them up here because the Nashville market covers WKU and their conference. If Brandon Cox is in there, we'd have passed more and probably would have hung 50 on them. But we chose instead to put the reserves in early. Our second string was already playing in the 2nd quarter. Third and fourth stringers, many of whom are freshmen, are going to be nervous and make some mistakes in games at this stage, especially if they are going against the other team's first string.

Guest Tigrinum Major

We will be 7 - 5.  We lose to LSU, GA, AL and one other team we should beat (either SC, OleMiss or some other conference lacky in a 3rd rate bowl game). 

Other than wearing blue and orange, there is really nothing that sets this team apart.  Nothing that makes me think that when the going gets tough it will step up.  No senior leadership, no spark, no fire, no emotion.

183598[/snapback]

Care to put a small wager on that? Auburn finishes no worse than 9-3. Mark it down. If I lose, I'll put something about japantiger being the Supreme Ruler of All Football Knowledge in my signature.

If anyone thinks that the offense was running anything other than a base package today, you are clueless. This gave Blake Field some valuable experience and that cannot be discounted.

Defense put no pressure on the QB most of the day and that was the only thing that concerned me today. There were also no big blitz packages run all day. McClover is still out, btw.

And if you think that there was no spark and emotion today, you were not at the game to see the Irons brothers after a few plays. Listening on the radio doesn't give you the full snapshot.

Get a idea about what you are talking about before embarassing yourself.

The world, this message board, would be better without fans like you.  Cant even talk about a game logically.

By the way, did Reggie Ball even play in that game?  Last I heard he had viral minigitis?

183533[/snapback]

Ball did play in the game and he was shut down by the Vtech defense, which was something that we couldn't do. I hate to be negative, but we have a long way to go. I have to be realistic.

183534[/snapback]

You have to be a complete doofus with no real college football knowledge. The sooner you realize that the better for us all. :poke:

If you're not on med.'s I have a suggestion for you. Get on them asap.

• 2 months later...
Guest Tigrinum Major

183598[/snapback]

Care to put a small wager on that? Auburn finishes no worse than 9-3. Mark it down. If I lose, I'll put something about japantiger being the Supreme Ruler of All Football Knowledge in my signature.

If anyone thinks that the offense was running anything other than a base package today, you are clueless. This gave Blake Field some valuable experience and that cannot be discounted.

Defense put no pressure on the QB most of the day and that was the only thing that concerned me today. There were also no big blitz packages run all day. McClover is still out, btw.

And if you think that there was no spark and emotion today, you were not at the game to see the Irons brothers after a few plays. Listening on the radio doesn't give you the full snapshot.

Get a idea about what you are talking about before embarassing yourself.

183605[/snapback]

I love it when I am right.

Archived