New Commit

Dlewis23

Didn't take him long to make a decision after receiving an offer. He will play either strong side DE or the 3-technique DT in college. Destined for a redshirt but always nice to get players from Auburn High/Opelika High.

I would like to see the rest of our recruiting class filled with linemen.(And maybe a 5 star running back or two :big: ) CTT has really filled the needs at most positions over the last couple of years. We've got 2 top QBs verballed, a slew of wide receivers, 2 big TEs signed last year, DBs out the yang yang etc. But, I was going down the roster the other day and realized we're gonna' be pretty light up the middle defensively next year.

Not that we're huge now but we graduate 2 300 pounders in Jackson and Dickens. Thompson is a 300 pound fireplug but if he goes down with an injury, where do we turn? Pat Sims is gone and I only see Tyrone Green (no experience) and Tez Dolittle, undersized for the middle, to fill it up. Who am I missing? Our athleticism is sick on the outside but I fear teams will start pounding us in the middle if we don't have 4-5 big bodies we can rotate in there.

I would like to see the rest of our recruiting class filled with linemen.(And maybe a 5 star running back or two :big: ) CTT has really filled the needs at most positions over the last couple of years.  We've got 2 top QBs verballed, a slew of wide receivers, 2 big TEs signed last year, DBs out the yang yang etc.  But, I was going down the roster the other day and realized we're gonna' be pretty light up the middle defensively next year.

Not that we're huge now but we graduate 2 300 pounders in Jackson and Dickens.  Thompson is a 300 pound fireplug but if he goes down with an injury, where do we turn?  Pat Sims is gone and I only see Tyrone Green (no experience) and Tez Dolittle, undersized for the middle, to fill it up.  Who am I missing?  Our athleticism is sick on the outside but I fear teams will start pounding us in the middle if we don't have 4-5 big bodies we can rotate in there.

184904[/snapback]

I agree.

I hate to mention this ,but, we may have to look to the JC ranks for some QUICK help on the d-line.

Greg Smith, at 6'3" and 330 should be big enough to plug up the middle next year. Green moved to offense, so the coaches must not be too worried about depth in the interior DL. I suppose he could move back if that becomes an issue. Bart Eddins is going to be a big ol boy once he grows up, too. Marks is getting playing time as a true freshman and a couple of years with the Yox program, he could be close to 300. I don't yet see any need for concern in the DL.

Archived