UF-UA Rivalry heating up.

DKW 86

i wonder if they don't like high school offenses either. I thought throat slashes were a personal foul........trashy, but what do you expect out of a bunch of kids who aren't used to winning.

I personally think that Rammer Jammer is one of the best cheers in football. It absolutely SUCKS if there are singing it to you buit it is fun as HELL when you get a chance to sing it back to them!!!!!! I personally like it. It is to one of the all time greatest sports songs and you have to admiot...it's pretty cool when 70,000 fans are cheering ANYTHING in unison!!!

The only thing that I can't stand is when someone gets in my face and does it or says soimething...that goes overboard. But when it is a cheer...it's just a cheer! You can't help but to smile when you watch that video and hear the bama fans cheering...the look on Urbans face is priceless....Welcome to the SEC coach....you're not in Kansas anymore!!!!!

THEY WERE NOT THROAT SLASHES. God those UF fans are a bunch of panzies.

DJ Hall was doing the gator chomp followed by the "cut it out" hand gesture.

You know where the tips of your fingers point towards your neck and you move your hand side to side pivoting at the wrist.

Sensitive whiners man. He was saying "no no no" to the gator chomp...not slashing his throat.

You know where the tips of your fingers point towards your neck and you move your hand side to side pivoting at the wrist.

Sensitive whiners man. He was saying "no no no" to the gator chomp...not slashing his throat.

187360[/snapback]

BG, I hope you are being sarcastic!!! That most obviously is a throat slash. Even CBS announcers recognized it for what it was!!! Just a bama homer trying to spin it! Typical!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

187360[/snapback]

I disagree, BG. That was a single movement (twice with a pause between it) across his throat. Spin it anyway you want, but if he did that on the field of play, 15 yard penalty. I feel confident in that. I see a gesture like that on a basketball court this winter, it gets a T the first time, it won't take the second.

187360[/snapback]

BG, I hope you are being sarcastic!!! That most obviously is a throat slash. Even CBS announcers recognized it for what it was!!! Just a bama homer trying to spin it! Typical!!

187365[/snapback]

If what DJ did is considered a throat slash, I'll probably have DHR called on me pretty soon, because I do that to my 4 year old in public when I want him to quit what he is doing. I thought it was a silent way of saying stop.

Guest Tigrinum Major

187360[/snapback]

187365[/snapback]

If what DJ did is considered a throat slash, I'll probably have DHR called on me pretty soon, because I do that to my 4 year old in public when I want him to quit what he is doing. I thought it was a silent way of saying stop.

187379[/snapback]

It is a subtle difference, but I saw a throat slash. The no no no that BG refers to is made several times, not once, like drawing a knife across the throat. The fact that he was on the sideline makes a difference. It was borderline, but just over the line.

To each his own...

187360[/snapback]

187365[/snapback]

187379[/snapback]

It is a subtle difference, but I saw a throat slash. The no no no that BG refers to is made several times, not once, like drawing a knife across the throat. The fact that he was on the sideline makes a difference. It was borderline, but just over the line.

To each his own...

187390[/snapback]

I can see where it can be called a throat slash. I base my opinion off of the throat slash banned by the NFL. It was done by balling up the fist, pointing the thumb towards the neck, and slowly going from one side to the other.

c'mon now. that's not borderline! did you watch the linked video? that boy did the gator chomp, then a throat slash, a chomp, then a slash. then if you keep following it you can see a player on the sideline behind the big fella doing the same thing. that's a textbook throat slash.

and this is being debated, why? you know how the other side is gonna take it, so why waste time and energy debating something so trivial? The fact of the matter is that we just wiped the floor with UF, and they are pissed about it because of all the talk that was publicized by their players (see Jeremy Mincey... he still ain't quit)... so they are looking for something to bit*h about...

IMO...

Archived