Very Impressed

LSUGradin99

Hey all,

Some of you know me from TigerForums. Just stopping by to make a few comments about the game this past weekend.

First of all, I must admit that I underestimated Auburn this year. I certainly did not believe the game would be as close as it was, if at all.

Auburn fans have a lot to be proud of with this football team. To lose the starting backfield you all did (qb included) and to come back this year and compete like that team has, wow! I'd dare say you guys are at the point where reloading is now the proper term, rather than rebuilding. Of course I am not happy about that. ;)

It looks as though the top three teams in the SEC could very well be from the SEC west in the upcoming years - LSU, Auburn, Bama. Long gone could be the days where UT and UF dominated the SEC headlines.

Another thing... This year at Tiger Stadium the atmosphere has been a bit odd becuase we have not had the high numbers of visiting fans we are used to. The reasons for this are obvious of course. Regardless of those reasons, Auburn fans showed up in numbers and represented. It really adds a lot to the game day atmosphere to see the other teams fans throughout campus and filling their sections in the south end zone and east upper deck. Way to geaux AU fans!

PS: Can Irons please be made ineligible for the LSU/AU game in Auburn next year? Thanks!

Thanks 99. I'm pleasantly surprised also. Sorry but if we beat UGA at 2:30 on that November Saturday, then I will have to pull for UAT at 6:45. Otherwise I hope you blow them out at Jordan Hare West.

Hey '99, if you are gonna come here and be nice, how am I supposed to whip you in shape? :D

Seriously, thanks for the compliments. As we have discussed, hopefully LSU and Auburn are on track to have a good rivalry, free fom all our obnoxious fans. Now go convince ramah :big:

I think the Apocalypse may be upon us. LSU fans are coming over here complimenting our team and talking about how good we played. Auburn fans that traveled to Baton Rouge, from all reports, had a wonderful time and there were no incidents. In fact, LSU fans seemed to go out of their way to reverse the perception we had of them.

:blink::blink::blink:

I don't know what to make of this. Who's gonna play second string on our hate list?

i know i have been to BR for games several times in the past and before this weekend i would have to rate my general hate of their fans about 9.9 out of 10 but now it's probably around 4.5. Pretty dramatic improvement on their part. :blink:

Heck............with teams like Bama on our schedule, who needs more hate??????

LSU..... I am proud of you and your fans. The last time I was in Tiger Stadium, I had piss thrown on my back. Great job, LSU Tigers.

i know i have been to BR for games several times in the past and before this weekend i would have to rate my general hate of their fans about 9.9 out of 10 but now it's probably around 4.5.  Pretty dramatic improvement on their part. :blink:

192227[/snapback]

were just setting you up.....just wait til you come back in 2 yrs!! :lol::lol:

just kidding, I think a lot of fans are fed up with the reputation that LSU has....so everyone is going out of their way to try and correct that.

i know i have been to BR for games several times in the past and before this weekend i would have to rate my general hate of their fans about 9.9 out of 10 but now it's probably around 4.5.  Pretty dramatic improvement on their part. :blink:

192227[/snapback]

were just setting you up.....just wait til you come back in 2 yrs!! :lol::lol:

just kidding, I think a lot of fans are fed up with the reputation that LSU has....so everyone is going out of their way to try and correct that.

192233[/snapback]

that's kinda the vibe I got

but hey I was around more RVers on the outskirts of campus than the roudier younger fans closer to the stadium so I won't write ya'll off just yet :D

were just setting you up.....just wait til you come back in 2 yrs!! :lol:   :lol:

192233[/snapback]

Man... They have no idea how hard it is for me to type Auburn instead of Aubarn.

Man... They have no idea how hard it is for me to type Auburn instead of Aubarn.

192238[/snapback]

It ought to be hard for ANY LSU fan to type "Aubarn", with this little gem as part of your campus... B)

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle, calling from LS-Mooooooooooooo...

rural38mq.th.jpg

Largely forgotten by the 20th century, the lifestyles and cultures of these preindustrial Louisianians are recalled at the LSU Rural Life Museum. Through its extensive collection of tools, utensils, furniture, and farming equipment, the museum preserves and interprets an important part of the state's and nation's rural heritage.

The Rural Life Museum is located on the Burden Research Plantation, a 450 acre agricultural research experiment station owned by the LSU Agricultural Center.

The LSU Rural Life Museum is divided into 3 sections:

*  Louisiana Folk Architecture is exemplified in a collection of seven buildings whose divergent construction traits illustrate the various cultural influences of Louisiana's settlers.

The Barn contains hundreds of artifacts dealing with everyday rural life dating from prehistoric times to the early 20th century.

* The Working Plantation consists of a complex of buildings authentically furnished to reconstruct all the major activities of life on a typical 19th century working plantation.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

192238[/snapback]

It ought to be hard for ANY LSU fan to type "Aubarn", with this little gem as part of your campus... B)

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle, calling from LS-Mooooooooooooo...

rural38mq.th.jpg

Largely forgotten by the 20th century, the lifestyles and cultures of these preindustrial Louisianians are recalled at the LSU Rural Life Museum. Through its extensive collection of tools, utensils, furniture, and farming equipment, the museum preserves and interprets an important part of the state's and nation's rural heritage.

The Rural Life Museum is located on the Burden Research Plantation, a 450 acre agricultural research experiment station owned by the LSU Agricultural Center.

The LSU Rural Life Museum is divided into 3 sections:

*  Louisiana Folk Architecture is exemplified in a collection of seven buildings whose divergent construction traits illustrate the various cultural influences of Louisiana's settlers.

The Barn contains hundreds of artifacts dealing with everyday rural life dating from prehistoric times to the early 20th century.

* The Working Plantation consists of a complex of buildings authentically furnished to reconstruct all the major activities of life on a typical 19th century working plantation.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

192303[/snapback]

Yes. Having one of the country's largest and most respected working outdoor museums is hilarious.

Yes. Having one of the country's largest and most respected working outdoor museums is hilarious.

192318[/snapback]

I think the point was...you're just as much of an ag school as we are, Pot.

192303[/snapback]

192318[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding me with that tone.

It ought to be hard for ANY LSU fan to type "Aubarn", with this little gem as part of your campus...

Actually, while the museum is part of the university system, it isn't located on the campus.

Here is a BARN on campus.

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/adm/heritagepark/.../old%20barn.jpg

The Red Barn is a landmark on the Auburn campus and is unique in its architecture. At the time of its original construction in 1929, the barn's design was widely considered to be sound and functional; however, time and gravity have proven that there were indeed design flaws.

Uh-oh. Looks like a Bama fan found Granny's moonshine again and got a hold of an excavator.

05.0511-0053_sm.JPG

192318[/snapback]

I think the point was...you're just as much of an ag school as we are, Pot.

192320[/snapback]

Did you really make that statement with a straight face? We Do have some sarcasam smilies, ya know. :rolleyes:;):D:P

If not... what's that line about "If you have to explain a joke..."? :rolleyes:

I gotta ask... most respected by whom??? The National Association of Ag Geeks? The Farmers Tan Alliance? :roflol:

I think the Apocalypse may be upon us.

I thought the same after completely agreeing with tubberville's quotes on the bcs and espn

LSU fans are coming over here complimenting our team and talking about how good we played. Auburn fans that traveled to Baton Rouge, from all reports, had a wonderful time and there were no incidents. In fact, LSU fans seemed to go out of their way to reverse the perception we had of them.

Yes. I cannot express how much I despise those responsible for any negative view of our fans.

Guest Tigrinum Major

192318[/snapback]

It's called "irony".

My apologies. I did nto mean for one small comment to derail the entire thread. I was actually being serious, go figure.

192425[/snapback]

Yeah, way to go 99.......you hijacked your own thread :lol::roflol::roflol:

It looks as though the top three teams in the SEC could very well be from the SEC west in the upcoming years - LSU, Auburn, Bama.

I don't mean to make an AU thread turn into a UGA one, but I just have to ask....what exactly has UGA done not to think we shouldn't be in the Top 3 in the future?

Guest Tigrinum Major
My apologies. I did nto mean for one small comment to derail the entire thread. I was actually being serious, go figure.

192425[/snapback]

No, proble, Gradin. When is the name change coming?

I don't mean to make an AU thread turn into a UGA one, but I just have to ask....what exactly has UGA done not to think we shouldn't be in the Top 3 in the future?

Bait casted, fish caught.

Archived