Matt Flynn

Jenny AU-92

Anyone else think JaMarcus Russell was standing on the sideline last night thinking "Aw, CRAP."???? Flynn looked pretty damn good to me. Of course, Miami sucked butt, but even so...

Reckon JaMarcus is worried? And with Mr. Ryan "I Gonna Win The Heisman" Periloux in the hunt next year too? Hmmm...

This will help JaMarcus' recovery. He'll be well next week, 100%. I followed recruiting and had wondered whatever happened to Flynn. I assumed he had transferred. Did I hear Russell on the sideline telling coach he was ready to go in?

No doubt in my mind who inherits the first team going into spring practice. This kid is awfully good and looks polished.

Funny you guys mention it:

Russell was watching the game in BR. He didn't even make the trip.

It's called a joke lsuj, wrap your mind around it.

If I was Miles I would be trying to figure out how to ease flynn into the starting role without causing a race war on the team. Of course, this could light a fire under jr's a$$ and raise his play to the next level too.

Funny you guys mention it:

Russell was watching the game in BR. He didn't even make the trip.

208007[/snapback]

Well that explains why I never saw a shot of him on the sideline, I kept waiting for one. Why didn't he make the trip with the team? Its not often that you see a player stay home regardless of injury for a bowl trip.

If LSU can replace those big hogs in the trenches they should be better next year with one year's experience under Miles' system. AU, UGA and LSU again.

Matt Flynn looked liked a seasoned QB in a major spanking of Thug U, 3rd in the nation in passing defense... He looked great, better than JR has looked IMO.

He should get the nod after that performance. He ran, threw the deep ball on 3rd & long, made just about all the big plays he needed to make. I was VERY impressed with his confidence level given this was his first complete game.

Well, in 2003, when both QB's redshirted and LSU won the NC, Matt Flynn was the one on the sideline with the headset on relaying the plays to Matt Mauck. JR just had a towel that he awung around in the air...

I've always thought Jamarcus Russel was horribly over-rated since I watched him play in Highschool. Matt Flynn should have started the whole time.

Woops....I accidently posted that post under Deep Seas' name. Anyways, I think that gurus and coaches are too fixated on ideal physical prototypes and not enough on the reality of on the field performance.

I still think Russell will be the starter come next year.

Could be wrong though as Flynn looked quite good. Had much more of a leader attitude that LSU has needed, imo.

I don't think RP will beat out either.

Either way, it will be an exciting Spring for them.

Archived