Good Post Season Question

War Eagle 96

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Eagle!!

Been lurking for a while, but this is my first post.

Thought I'd jump in on the "what do you do" thread. I'm a lawyer, but I gave up $ for principle (ha ha).Actually I'm an assistant district attorney; my job is to keep the jails full :D

I’m the Assistant General Manager of a large automotive assembly plant in Oakville, Canada (Outside Toronto).  I listen to 2000 CAW (Canadian Auto Workers) complain about how they are underpaid ($34 per hour) while building one of the worst quality / selling vehicles in my company's history.  I also provide unrealistic operational, productivity, and inventory measurables to my corporate headquarters to further mask the problems of our poor decision makers therefore resulting in more market share (to the Japanese and Koreans) and credit rating erosion.  <_<

Thanks for letting me vent.

I also make AU highlights videos.  :D

210702[/snapback]

You need to come back to Alabama, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, Hyundai, and maybe

Kia and Volvo could use you.

210786[/snapback]

I tried, those companies are smart enough not to overpay thier GMs and AGMs, therefore, I'm stuck with the Evil Big Blue Oval ;)

RETIRED..... three and a half years, for health reasons after over 30 years in the industrial textile industry. Worked for companies who provided large industrial fabrics to the pulp and paper industry. Was technical manager.... product design and application when I bailed out.

I have a small CPA practice located in Birmingham. Year end audits and income taxes will keep me occupied until after April 15th.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Payin' my way through  :au:   by waiting tables and coaching wrestling at a local high school.  I'll be graduating in a few months and will then, uh, well, anyone got a fax number?  I'll send you a resume.

210838[/snapback]

Do you happen to wrestle on the Auburn club team?

210911[/snapback]

No but I'm pretty good friends with Trey and Anthony and I coached Jack and wrestled in HS with Taylor, who also helps me coach. I'd love to club wrestle but between work and school and coaching wrestling I have never had the time, plus I am a LONG way from being in wrestling shape :lol:

210943[/snapback]

Thats great...i try to get out and wrestle often...and i've spent a couple of weekends with all of those guys. Its a pretty good program going on... :) There is suprisingly a lot of talent considering there is no D-1 program

Owner of a Video Game specialty store/Arcade located in the Mall of Louisiana. Going up against the big guys EB Games and GameStop.(they are the same company now.)

....software application service delivery manager for a large IT firm. graudated in electrical engineering in 91, followed that up with computer science and mba degrees. practically a career student...but my brain is almost fried from taking classes.

Fascinating array of occupations here, no wonder this is my favorite site when I have the time!

I am a family doc in semi-rural Alabama.

210899[/snapback]

Anywhere near Andalusia or Opp? That's where my family's from.

210926[/snapback]

Not near Andalusia or Opp now, but I grew up in Elba, so Andy and Opp were big rivals.

TV Production Manager.  I help put together shoots for shows like American Idol, ET, EXTRA, COPS, MTV Cribs...etc

210861[/snapback]

Ok, Dude. I'm available to work any time, anywhere.

I'm a First Sergeant in the Army out in Fort Bliss, Texas.  I kill people and break things for a living.

211075[/snapback]

:thumbsup: Excellent! Thank you for what you do.

I'm a First Sergeant in the Army out in Fort Bliss, Texas.  I kill people and break things for a living.

211075[/snapback]

211114[/snapback]

Goes double for me. Thank you!

Guest Tigrinum Major

211075[/snapback]

211114[/snapback]

Goes double for me. Thank you!

211124[/snapback]

Triple for me. As an officer, I have tremendous respect for the enlisted guys. I always believed that the best way to succeed as a company commander was to have a good First Sergeant and an honest Supply Sergeant that was willing to make "drug deals" to protect his commander.

Surround yourself with successful people and you will be successful!

Thanks, Top!

Hey Jumpmaster, you said you were from Dothan. I've got a Brother-in-law that 's been stationed out your way for the last few years. Captain John Tatom. When he got back from Iraq, they shipped him just outside of Denver. He hates those panoramic Rocky Mountain views. Tough gig. You guys may know each other.

Wow, I can't believe all the crap there is to do that gets you a paycheck! :big:

I'm a youth minister at a small church in North Alabama. I have an MIS degree though. Talk about getting out of your major! :)

Another lawyer here. General practice in a small firm just outside the home of dawg nation and proud to hear from the others on the board and I'm proud to be a member of this profession. (See how you feel when you really need one ;) ). Hey link I didn't know you left the classic city for law school in NO, good luck with that napoleonic law, I hear its little different. AWK, are you getting ready to head to Cumberland (I've been there and done that, "89)? Right on LegalEagle, I second your comment :P ! War Damn Eagle everybody and what a great sounding lot you appear to be! :D

I am the Assistant Principal at Riverchase Middle School in B'ham.

211180[/snapback]

That's where I went way back.

Im currently gaining career experience at Ballentrae Golf Club in Pelham, Al in Turfgrass Management. I cut grass among other things. And get to play free golf there :cheer:

In AUgust ill be going back to auburn to finish up and get my degree.

Archived