Dem Congressman videoed accepting

DKW 86

That place is nothing more than a third world country within our border.

236264[/snapback]

Agreed. I have heard so much about the third world country atmosphere in this city.

Just about every other week I see articles by MSNBC and other media outlets painting how terrible the city is in and how miserable it is.....I am convinced without doubt...because as we all know, the media is always correct.

I am hoping to get off work early one day and trying to find it. It is talked about a lot by people strictly outside of New Orleans (weird, isn't that?) so it is bound to be incredible.

I dunno though...I am hoping I find it...I live uptown, visit the French Quarter daily, have family in Metairie/Kenner, ext...and work on the Westbank. I have only seen 95% of the city.

The 9th Ward is gone...good riddens....nobody is sad to see it go. Lakeview missing is clearly a tragedy as that was a great place. But, nonetheless, that is what is gone while most of the city returns.

Then again, that would get in the way of the "Sky is falling" type comments, articles, ext...that so many obviously want to hear

236930[/snapback]

I was mainly speaking of the political scene in New Orleans and basing my opinion on the almost 4 years I spent in that area. Like you said, there are parts of New Orleans that are great, but unfortunately they are overshadowed by the crookedness that permeates the area.

Guys like Jefferson have nothing to fear because the voters will keep them in office, no matter the crime and no matter how corrupt they are. This guy was caught with his hand so far down in the cookie jar he had crumbs up to his armpits. He'll get off scot free and will have a very long career "representing" the fine people of his city.

It's the kind of culture I experienced first hand in Kenya and all along the Ivory Coast.

CCTAU, you are absolutely right! My biggest fear with this is that the Republicans will allow this to be covered up with their "fair play" attitudes. Someday, the Republicans will HAVE to toughen up their stance on dealing with Dimocrat crooks. The Dimocrats scream louder when a Republican is found guilty of speeding than the Republicans do when a Dimocrat is caught on audio and video, accepting a six-figure bribe. Those of us in the Republican camp wish our leaders would grow some balls when it comes to this sort of occurance.

Archived