Tiger or ESPN coverage?

DKW 86

What is more important?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is more important?

• Tiger's Pregame flight?
    • ESPN Coverage?

What is more important? With ESPN's over the field camera, Tiger has problems flying. It may come down to Tiger or the cameras or ESPN.

Which is more important to you as a fan?

Should we make ESPN dump the overhead camera when they come to Auburn? On this, I vote yes because we actually dont get but about 4 or 5 shots with the !@#$ thing anyway.

ESPN without the camera works for me!

There's a post around here somewhere on this same topic from last year. We talked about this and after that game last year where the ESPN camera screwed up Tiger and then we lost, I'm pretty sure the university said no overhead camera anymore.

Anybody know the post I'm talking about from last year?

I wonder who would make the call on that camera being used? ESPN or Auburn…or maybe the SEC?

The voting seems to make it a pretty obvious decision..

Was this really suppose to be a choice, I too could care less about some stinking camera. Tiger flying is the best pregame show period and that’s not the :homer: in me talking rival schools have even said as much.

Anyone want to take on the challenge of crafting a letter and getting it signed by Auburn fans, and submitting it to the SEC and the AD?

I have time for the idea not the execution right now..

Rg

i was under the impression that we won't have that pesky camera anymore at JH. at the Bluegrass Auburn Club spring meeting, the head eagle trainer (can't think of his name) talked about the situation and said it was too dangerous for them to fly with those wires around. something about them flying so fast they wouldn't be able to dodge the wires. that's why the eagle flew from the endzone straight to midfield at the GT game last season.

I guess lowering the overhead camera then raising it after the eagle flies is just too hard. If ESPN cannot find any pulley's in Connecticut, I am sure some could be found at the local Ace Hardware. They might even get another sponsor to boot. :rolleyes:

Get rid of the cameras.

241054[/snapback]

Amen & AMEN. :au:

Was this really suppose to be a choice, I too could care less about some stinking camera. Tiger flying is the best pregame show period and that’s not the :homer: in me talking rival schools have even said as much.

241070[/snapback]

Hey, if it comes down to seeing a game on ESPN or missing it and Tiger flying I was very surprised the majority would rather not see the game.

Or are we having a communications error here?

241070[/snapback]

Hey, if it comes down to seeing a game on ESPN or missing it and Tiger flying I was very surprised the majority would rather not see the game.

241143[/snapback]

I'm at the game anyway...so :P ...On a related note what ever happened with all those letters to that nice man about making the web radio free? I never got a response. Did anyone else?

241070[/snapback]

241143[/snapback]

I'm at the game anyway...so :P ...On a related note what ever happened with all those letters to that nice man about making the web radio free? I never got a response. Did anyone else?

241151[/snapback]

i did not recieve a reply either, so i guess we know what they thoought of our ideas and opinions

I remember from last year (can't find a link) that ESPN agreed to not have the SkyCam at Auburn home games following last year's GT game. Let Tiger, Spirit, or Nova fly - ESPN will still show up, life is good.

241070[/snapback]

241143[/snapback]

Its ESPN's "Sky Cam" vs Tiger's Flight, not ESPN airing Auburn games vs Tiger's Flight.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Anybody know the post I'm talking about from last year?

241052[/snapback]

Yes, but I am too lazy after looking for it for ten minutes to look anymore. I wrote an email to the assistant AD in charge of those things and he assured me that they told ESPN to leave the skycam at home after that.

I don't have the email any more either.

241070[/snapback]

241143[/snapback]

Its ESPN's "Sky Cam" vs Tiger's Flight, not ESPN airing Auburn games vs Tiger's Flight.

241163[/snapback]

Thats the way I was taking the question. But I will adjust my statement for games I attend Tiger flies, for games I am stuck at home the cameras so I can watch. :big:

Wheew!!! Glad I picked the right one. It's a freakin' land slide out here. Who's gonna be the first to pick seeing the game?

241070[/snapback]

241143[/snapback]

I thought we were talking about just the overhead shots. They don't add that much to the coverage anyway.

After the Tech game last year, I was under the impression that Aubrn was not going to allow the overhead cam because of the outcry from Auburn Fans.

that camera can go, they only use it for a very small portion of in game shots, they have 50 other camera's they can use, we have been watching football a long time just fine on tv without having that camera on the zip cord. even if they used it all the time i dont care espn cam can stay in the van, Auburn has the best pregame show in the country even visting fans love it, i dont care what espn does but dont mess around with my tradition.

Alright, the '05 Uga(g)-AU game was espn, and that camera was used. Before the game though, they had 5 (?) parachuters land on the field. What did they do with that camera during that? If it was up to me, I'd tell espn they are welcome to cover our game (anything is better than JP), but that camera would have to stay in the truck or risk it being stuck up where the sun don't shine B)

OK, whos' the one person that voted for the ESPN broadcast over the greatest pregame spectacle in all of sports????

I voted for ESPN coverage, if the understanding is that the game won't be televised. No ESPN means no tv revenue, no nationwide exposure, hurts recruiting etc.

If talking about getting rid of the camera only, then definitly get rid of it for the eagle flight. You get a handful of replays and a couple of live shots out of the thing during the game.

Archived