Who has won AL instate recruiting since 99?

DKW 86

I am not a recruiting wizard but it seems to me Alabama has still 'won' the in state recruiting 'war' since 1999 with the exception of maybe 2000 (Carnell Williams year) and 2005 even though Alabama was on probation.

My theory is that we recruit so much from out of state, and CTT and staff evaluate generally better than most schools, is why we are still well ahead in talent.

I have Tide fan friends that are od-ing on recruiting this year about how they will finally win the in-state recruiting war. Sorry, but I thought they had generally won it every year except for maybe 2000 and maybe 2005.

Comments?

You are right brother. They have gotten more in state recruits then us for the past several years. That is their problem, as much as I like the idea of recruiting homegrown kids, you can't limit yourself to that. The fact that they like to brag about winning the in state recruiting war shows they have a narrowed focus on it.

Then there is of course the other obvious reason we are ahead of them, our coaches are better.

Excuse me, I just burped. I think I need to take a nap after eating that giant Big Bob Gibson's BBQ pork baked potatoe with BBQ sauce all over it. I'm sorry David, I should have asked if you wanted one and dropped it off to you. :D

You are right brother. They have gotten more in state recruits then us for the past several years. That is their problem, as much as I like the idea of recruiting homegrown kids, you can't limit yourself to that. The fact that they like to brag about winning the in state recruiting war shows they have a narrowed focus on it.

Then there is of course the other obvious reason we are ahead of them, our coaches are better.

Excuse me, I just burped. I think I need to take a nap after eating that giant Big Bob Gibson's BBQ pork baked potatoe with BBQ sauce all over it. I'm sorry David, I should have asked if you wanted one and dropped it off to you. :D

241062[/snapback]

Ranger, You should be beaten within an inch of your life for putting that carrot(BBQ ! !) out there in front of David. THAT is just too far across the line. :big:

...CTT and staff evaluate generally better than most schools, is why we are still well ahead in talent.

241060[/snapback]

That would be the reason I'd give as well. CTT and his staff(s) have done a great job getting players that 'fit' at Auburn.

241062[/snapback]

Dude, we have got to get together, I love Big Bob's. The coconut pie is way too good for mere mortals.

I dont know...the year you got Trott and Gabe McKenzie was big for AU. Shula recruits more out of state than any coach bama's ever had. And AU has freaking KILLED it in Georgia the last decade or so.

There's only been one time in probably the past 3-4 decades that we didn't have a strong contingent of Georgia players on the roster. That was when Tater Tot left. One of the big problems with his recruiting was that he got completely away from the bread and butter for Auburn. That has always come from a stable of "Home grown" kids from both Alabama and Georgia. With it's proximity to the state line, Georgia kids are very familiar with Auburn's program and we've always taken our share from that state.

Bama has traditionally done better in Mississippi and west Tennessee. CTT has really picked it up in both those states though.

241062[/snapback]

Dude, we have got to get together, I love Big Bob's. The coconut pie is way too good for mere mortals.

241138[/snapback]

Hey, name the date and time and I'll be there. I don't do much else during the day right now. I like their coconut pie, but I like their chocolate pie even better. Monica gave it to me good today for going there without her. :lol:

I believe that all but ONE of Bamar's current 2007 commits are from out of state. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

:au::homer:

Archived