Don't ya know

tarheeltiger

French WWII rifle for sale on Ebay...GREAT condition...only been dropped once. B)

:au::homer:

It's now official:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5805080

Associated Press

Posted: 4 minutes ago   

PARIS (AP) - Floyd Landis won the Tour de France on Sunday, keeping cycling's most prestigious title in American hands for the eighth straight year.

The 30-year-old Landis cruised to victory on the Champs-Elysees, a day after regaining the leader's yellow jersey and building an insurmountable lead in the final time trial.

Landis picked up where another American left off last year, when Lance Armstrong completed his seventh and final Tour triumph.

With the victory, Landis becomes the third American - joining Armstrong and three-time winner Greg LeMond - to win the Tour.

Sunday's champagne and Landis' fifth yellow jersey of the Tour were possible thanks to a once-in-a-lifetime ride Thursday in the Alps that put the Phonak team leader back in contention, one day after a disastrous ride dropped him from first to 11th, more than eight minutes back.

It's now official:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5805080

Associated Press

Posted: 4 minutes ago    

PARIS (AP) - Floyd Landis won the Tour de France on Sunday, keeping cycling's most prestigious title in American hands for the eighth straight year.

The 30-year-old Landis cruised to victory on the Champs-Elysees, a day after regaining the leader's yellow jersey and building an insurmountable lead in the final time trial.

Landis picked up where another American left off last year, when Lance Armstrong completed his seventh and final Tour triumph.

With the victory, Landis becomes the third American - joining Armstrong and three-time winner Greg LeMond - to win the Tour.

Sunday's champagne and Landis' fifth yellow jersey of the Tour were possible thanks to a once-in-a-lifetime ride Thursday in the Alps that put the Phonak team leader back in contention, one day after a disastrous ride dropped him from first to 11th, more than eight minutes back.

251039[/snapback]

This is a great story. Sounds like the guy has the same hip problem as Bo. He's scheduled to get a new hip. He just completed the most grueling event in sports with a very painful, eventually debilitating condition. Pretty amazing. His parents are Mennonites in PA and ride their bikes to the neighbors to watch it on television.

Better run for cover. My old friend OlderWhiskey is coming to see who made this post that has nothing to do with football :big:

An American won the Frog race, Israel attacked Lebanon...the French immediately surrendered, as the Germans marched into Poland. All pretty much as expected.

:au::homer:

I have been following the Tour pretty much from day 1 and you are right, this is an amazing story. To have the bad day he had and to fall 8 minutes behind the leader and be counted out by everyone, then the next day he has the ride of his life (some say the best ride in the history of the Tour) to get back in third place and only 30 seconds behind is an incredible story about will power.

I wonder if the French media will try to smear Landis too.

:rolleyes:

251096[/snapback]

Yeah......in 2015. That way they can say it and not be forced to prove anything. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

These guys are riding bicycles, right? 

I'll let my six-year-old daughter know. She's been riding in circles in the driveway for hours.

251097[/snapback]

Circles are easy...try peddling up a 7% grade in the Alps... :big:

Circles are easy...try peddling up a 7% grade in the Alps...  :big:

251104[/snapback]

I'm just not impressed. Never have been. Could give a fig about Lance and his bike riding exploits.

I'd like to see him barrel down a hill on a rickety silver bike with an extra wide back tire and a stars-and-stripes banana seat with a wheelie-bar. Let's see Lance roar up a home-made plywood ramp and sail over a 15-foot wide six-foot deep ditch. Yeah. I did that. No helmet. I landed back-tire first and popped down on the front just like Evel. Hit the brakes and skidded around to face the "canyon".

Had my share of wrecks, too. Jumped my grandma's VW and caught the back tire on her roof just a little. Turned four or five flips in the air before crashing. Overshot a couple of landing ramps. Once hit so hard, I broke the front steering column and squashed the tire and rim completely flat on one side.

My first canyon jump, I miscalculated the ramp height and hit front wheel into the opposite wall. Took the wheelie bar in the back of the head and tumbled to the bottom.

Two weeks and a new ramp later, I cleared that sucker with room to spare. Let's see Lancey-poo do that. Evel would STILL whip his butt.

Circles are easy...try peddling up a 7% grade in the Alps...  :big:

251104[/snapback]

I'm just not impressed. Never have been. Could give a fig about Lance and his bike riding exploits.

I'd like to see him barrel down a hill on a rickety silver bike with an extra wide back tire and a stars-and-stripes banana seat with a wheelie-bar. Let's see Lance roar up a home-made plywood ramp and sail over a 15-foot wide six-foot deep ditch. Yeah. I did that. No helmet. I landed back-tire first and popped down on the front just like Evel. Hit the brakes and skidded around to face the "canyon".

Had my share of wrecks, too. Jumped my grandma's VW and caught the back tire on her roof just a little. Turned four or five flips in the air before crashing. Overshot a couple of landing ramps. Once hit so hard, I broke the front steering column and squashed the tire and rim completely flat on one side.

My first canyon jump, I miscalculated the ramp height and hit front wheel into the opposite wall. Took the wheelie bar in the back of the head and tumbled to the bottom.

Two weeks and a new ramp later, I cleared that sucker with room to spare. Let's see Lancey-poo do that. Evel would STILL whip his butt.

251110[/snapback]

:D

My goodness, I hated that Evel Knievel toy. I'm suprised I have skin on the knuckles of my right hand today because of it.

Archived