Commit #12

metafour

Now........he says that he and Ryan Pugh are going to try to get Big Daddy Murphy to see..........The Light.

War "BY GOD" Eagle

What are we going to do during "recruiting season"? We'll only wait to see who backs out of their verbal or whether we will withdraw our offer due to poor senior performance, injury or because someone better is available. Will all of this earlly signing by college football teams "cheapen" the recruiting process?

BTW, welcome Josh and WDE!

But isn't the only reason these kids are going to :au: is because :ua: has been probation? We are poaching in their little honey hole in Hoover. Like David Housel said, "we are winning the hearts and minds of the next generation." I think this is another indication of the shift of power. Rush Probst is a huge :ua::homer: and we have never had much recruiting success there because of it. Now these kids don't care because they were in junior high the last time UA won.

Ten or twenty years ago, this kid would have been a lock for UA. It wouldn't have been close. We don't have to have all of these in staters to be successful (we never have), but the fact that we are getting some of these kids that UA used to have locked up says a lot about the state of each program.

UA will get a certain amount of in state talent if they lose 12 games next year just because they are BAMA. LSU, Tenn, UGA ect will do the same thing. However, you get the feeling that Bama's lock on in state talent is slowly slipping

I'm beginning to think the NYT article was good for us after all since this is the 5th committment we've had since it came out. Guess people are smarter than we give them credit for in recognizing the NYT for the piece of crap it is.

I am hearing very strongly that murphy is academic wreck. He is supposed to be a juco at best and has weak study habits. I dont think he will be offered as he doesnt meet the criteria CTT sets out. If he getas his act together maybe. But he only has about 4 academic months to do that before signing day.

Archived