What the latest renovations to Neyland Stadium will look like

Bottomfeeder

And why are you so worried about our team's suspensions in the first place? A serious question...

And who are you to question what we worry about on an Auburn board.?

That's thing... almost half of the stuff posted here is about Bama.----so why do you come here to read it if it bothers you so much. I think what you say is pot calling the kettle black.

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm actually very proud that the Unversity is such a frequent topic on it's rivals message board.

I don't come over here with the intent of starting a pissing match. I come over here for good, clean discussion/debate about the Tide & Tigers.

Losedarkpink what would you say if I were on a Turd board :puke: and I was defending CTT for suspending our backup qb for the :uga: game? Same type of scenario as SJP in the UT game. But nobody knew he was suspended until the game was over and he let him be on the sidelines in uniform.

You guys would be all over me like stink on a Turd.

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm actually very proud that the Unversity is such a frequent topic on it's rivals message board.

I don't come over here with the intent of starting a pissing match. I come over here for good, clean discussion/debate about the Tide & Tigers.

Then quit whining so much :poke:

By the way, you are on the board of THE University of Alabama :big:

No whining here.

And no, you're not "The University of Alabama." There is a difference in The University of Alabama and Auburn University. No hard feelings though. :big:

No whining here.

And no, you're not "The University of Alabama." There is a difference in The University of Alabama and Auburn University. No hard feelings though. :big:

You're right, Auburn has more students(I sure do wonder why? Couldn't have anything to do with being a more desirable school/town could it? Cause it sure isn't the scholarship money). Also, a better football team.

Yeah, your there at practice everday to witness first hand CMS' "lack of discipline."

Here's a list of the suspensions that I can remember under CMS. Maybe BG can add.... I can't remember the suspensions of 03 and 04.

Jamie Christensen- MTSU

JP Wilson- Tennessee

Simeon Castille- Texas Tech; Cotton Bowl

DJ Hall- Texas Tech; Cotton Bowl

JPW was a backup last season, but with our OL... he could have been a starter in one play. Sim and DJ were suspended for the bowl, not exactly a pushover game. And JChris was forced to sit out the opener.

Well, let's just go down the list, shall we?

Christenson -- It's MTSU. My great grandmother could have kicked against them and it would have been okay.

Wilson -- Suspended? Sorry, but no. You can't stand on the sideline in uniform able to go in if need be and be considered suspended. This is the biggest load of BS in human history. It's good to know I was suspended from the baseball team most of my freshman season. At least it wasn't that I was running second string behind a senior. Whew...

Castille -- He had no choice. Academic suspension. No other option.

Hall -- Again, not Shula's choice. There were academic issues there. He didn't suspend Hall. There's a difference between suspending somebody and them not being eligible.

If this is the best you have, you are failing miserably to prove your point. Shula is a real tough nut. Suspended one guy -- a kicker -- for the MTSU game. Amazing.

No whining here.

You're right, Auburn has more students(I sure do wonder why? Couldn't have anything to do with being a more desirable school/town could it? Cause it sure isn't the scholarship money). Also, a better football team.

What does that matter? For the 3rd straight year, UA has it's largest freshman class. Dr. Witt wants to have 40k attending by 2012. Why does that even matter? Auburn has more students than Duke. Is AU a better school than Duke? #'s don't matter... Btw, we jumped 11 spots to tie you guys in the public school rankings while you fell 3. We're on ya heels. B)

No whining here.

What does that matter? For the 3rd straight year, UA has it's largest freshman class. Dr. Witt wants to have 40k attending by 2012. Why does that even matter? Auburn has more students than Duke. Is AU a better school than Duke? #'s don't matter... Btw, we jumped 11 spots to tie you guys in the public school rankings while you fell 3. We're on ya heels. B)

My point was that the institutions are very similar academically but still more people choose to attend Auburn. I know last year Auburn had its largest freshmen class ever and I'm pretty sure this years is bigger. I don't understand where bama is going to find the people to more than double its enrollment. Even if you include UAB and UAH that is still like a 15,000 student increase. I guess they will have to lower their admission standards, which are already less selective than Auburn's(and still more people attend Auburn even though it is harder to get in). Concerning U.S. News and World Reports rankings, those fluctuate so much every year it is really hard for me to get worked up about you tying us one year. For Instance you guys were ahead of us in 04 and fell 12 spots the next year. while AU moved up 4 spots. You kinda have to look at those things over a long period of time to get any real idea of what they mean(AU usually ranked above ua, 12 out of the last 15 or something like that). Like I said though the schools are pretty academically even, though IMO Auburn offers more unique programs than ua all of which rank very well nationally.(Pharmacy, vet, architecture, wireless engineering, interior design, of course the Ag majors, and building science among others).

There is a difference in The University of Alabama and Auburn University.

You have no idea how thankful I am for that :cheer:

No whining here.

My point was that the institutions are very similar academically but still more people choose to attend Auburn. I know last year Auburn had its largest freshmen class ever and I'm pretty sure this years is bigger. I don't understand where bama is going to find the people to more than double its enrollment. Even if you include UAB and UAH that is still like a 15,000 student increase. I guess they will have to lower their admission standards, which are already less selective than Auburn's(and still more people attend Auburn even though it is harder to get in). Concerning U.S. News and World Reports rankings, those fluctuate so much every year it is really hard for me to get worked up about you tying us one year. For Instance you guys were ahead of us in 04 and fell 12 spots the next year. while AU moved up 4 spots. You kinda have to look at those things over a long period of time to get any real idea of what they mean(AU usually ranked above ua, 12 out of the last 15 or something like that). Like I said though the schools are pretty academically even, though IMO Auburn offers more unique programs than ua all of which rank very well nationally.(Pharmacy, vet, architecture, wireless engineering, interior design, of course the Ag majors, and building science among others).

True, both are great schools that the state of Alabama should be very proud of. Each one has some big time positives. All depends on your field, really.

As for doubling our enrollment, it wouldn't be quite that much. Our latest tally was somewhere around 23k. Dr. Witt has come up with the idea of employing full-time recruiters for UA in Georgia, Texas, and Florida. There are two reasons behind this... The first being that out of state tuition is much higher than in-state and the second is that these three states all have at least double the state of Alabama's population. More students making more money.... it makes sense.

So, how bout' that new stadium in Knoxville, huh? Pretty funny pic BF. Thanks for posting.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, "Thread hijackers, the reality series"

Dr. Witt has come up with the idea of employing full-time recruiters for UA in Georgia, Texas, and Florida. There are two reasons behind this... The first being that out of state tuition is much higher than in-state and the second is that these three states all have at least double the state of Alabama's population. More students making more money.... it makes sense.

Make that three reasons. The third being that double the population, double the football talent ripe for the picking. Take Auburn for instance; Georgia can claim a great number of her native sons as dressing out in orange and blue.

...IMHO.

Dr. Witt has come up with the idea of employing full-time recruiters for UA in Georgia, Texas, and Florida. There are two reasons behind this... The first being that out of state tuition is much higher than in-state and the second is that these three states all have at least double the state of Alabama's population. More students making more money.... it makes sense.

Make that three reasons. The third being that double the population, double the football talent ripe for the picking. Take Auburn for instance; Georgia can claim a great number of her native sons as dressing out in orange and blue.

...IMHO.

He's not recruiting football players, he's recruiting students. I don't think any of the TX/FL/GA student recruitment campaign has anything to do with football.

He's not recruiting football players, he's recruiting students. I don't think any of the TX/FL/GA student recruitment campaign has anything to do with football.

I think it's funny bama has to recruit students while Auburn has to turn them away.

I think it's funny bama has to recruit students while Auburn has to turn them away.

Why do you "have" to turn them away?

...IMHO.

If you are going after the students in those states in the beginning than it is a natural maturation that you would start jockeying for the talented athletes. It's all about name reconition. A good example with Auburn is Dillard High in Miami. We got one or two young men then it opened a pipeline of talented players that ended up coming because there was atleast some amount of familiarity.

IMO.

You guys are forgetting one fact, this is tha tahd you are speaking about. They don't have to recruit the nation's best players, the nation's best automatically come to them. It's all about the tradishun.

We have a WINNER ! ! ! ! B)

You guys are forgetting one fact, this is tha tahd you are speaking about. They don't have to recruit the nation's best players, the nation's best automatically come to them. It's all about the tradishun.

No not really....Now that we have certain dark pinkers admitting that top level recruits won't come to the capstone without a schollarship there will have to be a new rallying cry of excuses.

Because they've capped enrollment at 24,000 now. Adressing you guys recruiting students from other states, I hope they are ready to shell out some schollies because like you mentioned out of state tuition costs more. Now if they live in Texas or cali or wherever there is a good chance they good get a degree in what they want for a whole lot less money much closer to home. I don't think it is realistic to think that they could ever draw 40k to UA, especially by 2012, considering State U is pretty much State U wherever you go and the only difference would be $$$.

So, how bout' that new stadium in Knoxville, huh? Pretty funny pic BF. Thanks for posting.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, "Thread hijackers, the reality series"

:roflol: Thanks man, now back to the discussion. :roflol:

Because they've capped enrollment at 24,000 now. Adressing you guys recruiting students from other states, I hope they are ready to shell out some schollies because like you mentioned out of state tuition costs more. Now if they live in Texas or cali or wherever there is a good chance they good get a degree in what they want for a whole lot less money much closer to home. I don't think it is realistic to think that they could ever draw 40k to UA, especially by 2012, considering State U is pretty much State U wherever you go and the only difference would be $$$.

Ahhh, but that was your idea to cap at 24k. Every HS senior in the South isn't beating the door down to come to either school.

As for shelling out schollies, we're already doing that. UA has the 2nd largest amount of scholarship money donated in the nation, behind the UT Longhorns. We're doing just fine in the scholly department... It doesn't take much to get a ton in scholarships here at 'Bama. I made a good, but not great, ACT score and am recieving over 3k renewable... Again, I didn't even come close to making a 30-36.

Ahhh, but that was your idea to cap at 24k. Every HS senior in the South isn't beating the door down to come to either school.

As for shelling out schollies, we're already doing that. UA has the 2nd largest amount of scholarship money donated in the nation, behind the UT Longhorns. We're doing just fine in the scholly department... It doesn't take much to get a ton in scholarships here at 'Bama. I made a good, but not great, ACT score and am recieving over 3k renewable... Again, I didn't even come close to making a 30-36.

This says volumes, namely that bama can't reach Auburn's enrollment numbers even though we have frozen enrollment at 24,000, while bama has an active recruiting effort, easy to obtain schollies, and lower entrance requirements. Pitiful for what is supposed to be the "capstone" of the state.

Archived