Walked into Jordan Hare Just Now

PChamp119

Hey guys, I was walking back to C-Zone and I decided to take a walk into the stadium. It looks great, some things I thought I would mention:

They were about 90% complete with putting up the ribbon board on the West Side of the stadium. It will stretch above the Press Boxes only. I'm guessing they will work on the East Side that stretches across the suites starting tomorrow.

The new scoreboard has orange light displays - for the tests at the time, they had the score Auburn 31-2.

Field is in good condition - they had the lines painted and were in the midst of cutting the grass - it looks great.

The Jordan-Hare Stadium logo and the Pat Dye logo are both on the West Side upper decks. JH is on the north side and PD is on the south side (student section side).

And of course, for those who hadn't seen already - for those of you with cushions, they are in the seats.

I was walking out of the library today and saw David Irons talking to two girls (very flirtatious that boy), one of which I knew, so I spoke to him for a few minutes. He was very nice and tried introducing himself as somebody else. I responded, smiling, "David... you are wearing a jersey that has your name on it - come on man." Apparently he just got out of an interview with ESPN. Also in this interview, according to David, was Kenny and Courtney. He said it was for the LSU game - so I am assuming since it is ESPN, that the promo/interview was for Gameday in three weeks. He didn't tell me what they talked about - just that they were talking (I should've asked him who interviewed him - dang). He's excited for this weekend. I wished him good luck and he appreciated it and said "yea man, I hope we don't lose...." and I just told him "just try your best, I'll be proud of ya either way. Just play your best man." and I think he appreciated it.

and I just told him "just try your best, I'll be proud of ya either way. Just play your best man." and I think he appreciated it.

That's all we can ask of them, and all they can ask of themselves.

I like how he said that he hoped they didn't lose... LOL. I don't want to sound like the guy who tore apart Brandon Cox for saying that he wouldn't ever let a GT game happen again... But that doesn't sound like a confident man. =D I am sure he will be tearing them up though.

i wonder if gameday will be here for the LSU game. there are a ton of great games that day though.

as long as both teams win each week yes.

Generally Gameday (which is on ESPN - owned by ABC) has been associated with non-CBS or ABC/ESPN games. Not always, but generally - so my guess is they will not choose Auburn because we are the CBS game and, as noted, there are many great games on ABC

Thanks for the info PC, Im just glad they will (hopefully) be finished with all the stadium construction before the first game!

Yeah, all the murals are up and the lights are on. They look pretty good. I'm still getting used to the difference, though. They are a lot "brighter" than the old ones.

I don't understand why they did not put murals on the two added sections from a couple years ago. There have been those openings/gaps (whatever you want to call them) on the two outer sections, but they decided to keep those empty I suppose? Why?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Saving them for a game winning kick from John Vaughn and a Cox to Lee Guess fly pattern.

I got this from a good source who met me in the dark recesses of the Ralph Brown Draughon parking deck.

He also gave me the crop reports a few days before they'll be made public.

Saving them for a game winning kick from John Vaughn and a Cox to Lee Guess fly pattern.

I got this from a good source who met me in the dark recesses of the Ralph Brown Draughon parking deck.

Shhhhhhhh, think man, think.

:roflol: I knew I could count on you.

Hey guys, I was walking back to C-Zone and I decided to take a walk into the stadium. It looks great, some things I thought I would mention:

They were about 90% complete with putting up the ribbon board on the West Side of the stadium. It will stretch above the Press Boxes only. I'm guessing they will work on the East Side that stretches across the suites starting tomorrow.

The new scoreboard has orange light displays - for the tests at the time, they had the score Auburn 31-2.

Field is in good condition - they had the lines painted and were in the midst of cutting the grass - it looks great.

The Jordan-Hare Stadium logo and the Pat Dye logo are both on the West Side upper decks. JH is on the north side and PD is on the south side (student section side).

And of course, for those who hadn't seen already - for those of you with cushions, they are in the seats.

I was walking out of the library today and saw David Irons talking to two girls (very flirtatious that boy), one of which I knew, so I spoke to him for a few minutes. He was very nice and tried introducing himself as somebody else. I responded, smiling, "David... you are wearing a jersey that has your name on it - come on man." Apparently he just got out of an interview with ESPN. Also in this interview, according to David, was Kenny and Courtney. He said it was for the LSU game - so I am assuming since it is ESPN, that the promo/interview was for Gameday in three weeks. He didn't tell me what they talked about - just that they were talking (I should've asked him who interviewed him - dang). He's excited for this weekend. I wished him good luck and he appreciated it and said "yea man, I hope we don't lose...." and I just told him "just try your best, I'll be proud of ya either way. Just play your best man." and I think he appreciated it.

BS. I overheard the conversation and that's not how it went at all. Fess up.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Excellent point.

During my junior year, while riding through campus, I accidentally ran bumped Andre' Andrauy A. Bruce with the fender of my car as he crossed the street in front of Sewell Hall.

I've often blamed myself for his failures at the professional level.

I know how you feel. I once stepped off the curb in front of J&M without looking and Bo Jackson almost hit me in his Lamborghini. He got out and apologized. At least he didn't hit and run like some people I know :P

Generally Gameday (which is on ESPN - owned by ABC) has been associated with non-CBS or ABC/ESPN games. Not always, but generally - so my guess is they will not choose Auburn because we are the CBS game and, as noted, there are many great games on ABC

The station which broadcast the game has NOTHING to do with whether Gameday will be there or not. Gameday is always goes to locations in which the game is being aired on CBS. The "Gameday won't come because the game is on CBS" is BS. If you look back over the years, when Gameday is at an SEC game its actually usually on CBS as CBS gets first pick of the games.

Just wanted to point that out.....If AU and LSU win their first 2 games I don't see how Gameday doesn't show up in AU.

Appreciate the info PC.

There'll be some guys on here... just a few, that feel that the act needs "to continue."

Other than that, good post.

Archived