Simpson starts

Rocket City Tiger

This is really unbelievable. I wonder how my Crimson buddies are gonna defend this decision.

You know if Simpson had been an :au: player, I'm 99% sure he would have been kicked off the team.

I did get a call from my best friend, the :ua::homer:

He was not pleased at all. He said exactly what we all thought: "Shula must need Simpson really bad...must be in just win mode. It will comeback to bite him later."

Well he had to eat so much ice cream.....his belly ached willy bad!

I wonder if he had any of the new Hawaiian Ice Cream from Purity?

Well he had to eat so much ice cream.....his belly ached willy bad!

We have to give Shula some props here....Simpson wanted chocolate ice cream and Shula gave him neapolitan.

"Yeah, uh, he played. He's uh, just been great since uh, well we all know what happened. He's just, well he's worked real hard to prove himself to uh, the team and uh, the coaches, and he's just been great. We needed him on the field for more reasons than just being on the field"

We all called this shot within the first few days after the incident. The charges got swept under the rug and suddenly Shula gets holier than thou and "doesn't pulicize his punishment".

Every thug high school recruit was sent a message loud and clear Saturday. UA is the new FSU. "As long as we can get the charges handled by game time, you can still play."

Real UA fans should be ashamed of their (non)leadership.

We all called this shot within the first few days after the incident. The charges got swept under the rug and suddenly Shula gets holier than thou and "doesn't pulicize his punishment".

Every thug high school recruit was sent a message loud and clear Saturday. UA is the new FSU. "As long as we can get the charges handled by game time, you can still play."

Real UA fans should be ashamed of their (non)leadership.

You just hit the nail on the head. UAT fans can repeat the "it is been handled in house" all they want. But how does anybody know it is being handled at all? Like you said, that just makes it sound like anybody can play at UAT, do whatever the heck they want too, and have no repercussions.

I also like he how said DJ Hall did not play because of an ankle injury, not a suspension. As I have stated many times, all of this crap is getting going to get old with his staff and the team is going to implode because of Shula's lack of leadership.

Glad to see that all of the whoopings that Tennessee has given UAT over the last ten years, that UAT wanted to have the same drug, gun wheeling thugs that they did. I am surprised they did not try to get Willie Williams from Miami. :puke:

Bama fans better be glad that Simpson started and played the entire game. That team needed him. The final results might very well have been different if he was sitting in the stands. suited up and standing on the sidelines but not playing.

It is always said that football is a team sport. Well the team won and in this instance it does not matter what may or may not be best for the individual player.

On the positive side, don't think this was lost on all other SEC coaches who will use it with the parents in recruiting wars.

Bama was carrying on a tradition, Discipline be damned, winning is all that counts.

Even the two Huntsville Times UAT beat writers thought starting Simpson was a bad move.

Mark McCarter says:

There was even something to jeer.

Linebacker Juwan Simpson was arrested May 20 and found to have marijuana and an unlicensed gun in his car.

Simpson started Saturday. He shouldn't have.

There may have been mitigating circumstances in the arrest. There may be plausible reasons. Simpson may be embarrassed and apologetic.

But it was a wrong-place, wrong-time situation. It's what coaches preach about constantly to their players. Simpson's arrest merited a suspension.

After all, didn't Bear Bryant once suspend Joe Namath, a starting quarterback, from a bowl game to send a message?

Seems like punishing players is another thing that Alabama did better in the past.

Link

Paul Gattis says:

Linebacker Juwan Simpson started the game even though he was arrested in May on drug and gun charges. Coach Mike Shula wants to keep those matters private - it's his prerogative - but it's also our prerogative to wonder about such decisions.

Link

Alabama linebacker Juwan Simpson played from the opening drive and had nine tackles despite his offseason arrest on charges of marijuana possession and carrying a handgun without a license. Simpson entered a court-ordered drug program and paid $300 in fines for the weapons charge.

Simpson earned his way to the field, Shula said.

''He's worked hard to prove himself. We're going to need his leadership and all those other guys,'' he said.

His Leadership? Leadership? I guess he wants him to tell his teammates "Go drink and drive with a fast woman with a gun and pot - Do it or I won't give you any ice cream!"

did anyone actually expect him to be suspended?...huh?....the crapstone is about to burst at the seam....hang on and see for yourself.....the charges were fixed and who paid for the lawyer?....huh.....don's boy ain't in control over there

he wasnt drinking and driving...for the record.

Yes, that particular time he was not drinking and driving. A guy that had pot and a gun in his car would probably never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

Simpson may be embarrassed and apologetic.

man, i'm getting dizzy. this fool cant even slam alabama without spinning it. where the hell does he think the ice cream statement came from? stop the ride, i want to get off.

did anyone actually expect him to be suspended?...huh?....the crapstone is about to burst at the seam....hang on and see for yourself.....the charges were fixed and who paid for the lawyer?....huh.....don's boy ain't in control over there

Answers to your questions: No. I SAID NO! Rogue boosters, of course! :lol:

Archived