Vandy 10 Bama 3, halftime

TitanTiger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the spin for this one is?

Shula wants to hold back showing just how awesome their real offense is until they play a real SEC opponent. They were just playing with :vu:

I wonder what the spin for this one is?

I cant wait to here how good Vandy is and how the close game was a building block for the tradishion!!!!

It was the same crap as last year...

Our offense moves the ball much better than what our final scores indicate. It's just that we suck profusely when we get inside the opponent's 30. It's like we go into a shell when we have opportunities to score. Strange, really.

It was the same crap as last year...

You said it.

Squeaking out a win you didn't earn against a bottom of the barrel SEC team.

I think we "earned it." I don't think it was impressive... but then again, I never said that.

Vandy is looking much better this year. This is two games in a row they were in against opponents that normally would cream them. I still don't like their play calling, but it was a lot better today. How cool would it be to see a Vanderbilt team 2-0, having beaten UM and uat? Maybe someday...

Bammer fumbles inside the 3 yardline this team is looking sharp

I think they have more to worry about than Tubby's thumb.

Yeah, the only guy smiling in T-Town today is the guy who sells windows...

..and bricks!

I had such a sense of deja vu watching this game. It reminded me so much of their 10-2 season last year--just managing to luck into a victory. 10 wins is nothing to laugh at, but last year they didn't have Florida, Arkansas, LSU, and Tennessee on the road.

Does Darby have a nagging injury? Are opponents just loading up on him? Or is he just sucking at this point? Well, Kenny Irons led the SEC last year and didn't get going until several games into the season, so I guess Darby can yet pull out a great season...and probably will do better in the future. But he better turn things around soon if he wants that UAT career rushing title that everyone was ready to hand him before the season started. (..Not that Kenny Irons had a great day today, but he is at least averaging over 100 yds/game over the last two games.)

I do expect Bama to look better and win some future games, but if I were a Bama fan I'd be losing some sleep.

Look out BG. It looks like Win is becoming the most sensible rival fan on AUN.

I believe it was BG who promised the "biggest improvement of the season" between games 1 and 2. GAAAAAAAHHH....

They did improve...and tremendously, GG...or they'd have NEVER beaten Vandy!!! :big:

:au::homer:

Archived