Blackmon back for UF

TMAN34

My friend on scout team said he talked to tray blackmon and tray said tubberville told him he was going to be back for Florida. Thats a heck of a suspension, but man is it going to set an example for future players. I wouldn't think tray would play a lot that week...but maybe he hasn't lost a step and can help...we will see. He sure is going to want to crack some skulls when he does get back!

I would be suprised at a 6 game suspension!!! Guess you better at least tell them when you get in trouble instead of letting the coaches find out from the media, huh?

Since his crime was basically public drunkeness, and he did NOT leave the scene of an accident, which KS did, that would seem a little excessive. Just a guess, but I'd say by the ARKY game.

:au::homer:

We are not privy to all the considerations that went in to the suspension, how he has reacted, how his teamates feel and other factors, but 6 games seems a bit much to this outsider.

I was proud of Tuberville for sticking to his guns and not caving in to the spectre of a really big game. But "O.K., that's enough", I thought.

Blackmon's offense seemed less than Sears', and Sears only did 5 games.

But I have faith in Tuberville knowing what is best for the team and best for Tray.

I had heard about how well Sears took his punishment, and stepped up to the plate. Any word as to how Blackmon is taking it?

My guess is that Tray's punishment was made more severe because he didn't tell the coaches himself.

NO way he will not start unless someone is hurt. He is still a redshirt freshman. Side note LSU and Flordia play the week before and seeing how beet up we are this week this could be a major advantage for us.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that Blackmon is underage to be drinking....so that's also something to think about... at least I think he is!

That might be a reason for a continuing suspension, but my guess is more that he might not have taken it as professionally as Sears...but I may be wrong...I'm proud of CTT sticking to his guns!

Well, being "Back for Florida" doesn't preclude being back earlier.

Doesn't that depend on what "is", is? :)

:au::homer:

My guess is that Tray's punishment was made more severe because he didn't tell the coaches himself.

NO way he will not start unless someone is hurt. He is still a redshirt freshman. Side note LSU and Flordia play the week before and seeing how beet up we are this week this could be a major advantage for us.

Well, Blackmon was the starter above Johnson coming in, until he tweeked an ankle or shoulder or something and then the suspension came about.

I am with Titan, I think the magnitude of his suspension is b/c of the way the coaches found out about it. Had TB told them he might have only gotten 2, maybe 3 games, IMO.

Archived