Bama @ Florida

DKW 86

Bama's defense has played well. However, their TD was scored on a fumble that was scooped up and run in 40+ yds for a TD by their defense, so Florida's D has played pretty well, giving up only 6 pts (2 FGs) so far.

That's the polite way of saying that UAT still has no offense..

touchdown Floirda INT return.... :) LIzards in firm control.....

28-13..... :big:

life is good..

Bama's defense has played well. However, their TD was scored on a fumble that was scooped up and run in 40+ yds for a TD by their defense, so Florida's D has played pretty well, giving up only 6 pts (2 FGs) so far.

life is good..

I think Florida looks vulnerable. We can take these guys.

life is good..

I think Florida looks vulnerable. We can take these guys.

I totally agree....i've said for almost a year that UF is overrated....I'm very confident we can/will beat them....but, Arkansas first... :)

I thought that was pretty funny that Florida fumbled the ball at the end while trying to run up the score. Voters may like that stuff, but I can bet that just about every person watching that game, except for Florida fans, were thinking it was a stupid thing to be doing. If Tebow would have gotten hurt, how would they have justified it?

JPW started out good, but the Florida D started getting to him in the 4th quarter finally. Got to get credit to UAT for hanging in there most of the game. I was alot closer then I thought it would be.

:ua: .... :uf:

Net yards rushing 86 134

Rushes 30 33

Average per rush 2.9 4.1

Net yards passing 234 196

Completed-attempted 21-40 15-21

Yards per pass 5.4 8.9

Sacked-yards lost 3-29 1-5

Had intercepted 3 0

Florida came back to play fairly well. Tebow is the man. He is a hoss rushing the ball.

They are not the Juggernaut we were lead to believe.

JPW will eventually be a pretty good qb. But three INTs and 2 fumbles (not lost). looked very much like a young qb at FLorida Field.

:ua: .... :uf:

Net yards rushing 86 134

Rushes 30 33

Average per rush 2.9 4.1

Net yards passing 234 196

Completed-attempted 21-40 15-21

Yards per pass 5.4 8.9

Sacked-yards lost 3-29 1-5

Had intercepted 3 0

Florida came back to play fairly well. Tebow is the man. He is a hoss rushing the ball.

They are not the Juggernaut we were lead to believe.

JPW well eventually be a pretty good qb. But three INTs and 2 fumbles (not lost). looked very much like a young qb at FLorida Field.

When I look at those stats, that Yards per pass stat really sticks out.

Well guys, just like our game on Thursday, we saw a team play the best game they have in them and it wasn't as good as the favorites mediocre game. Alabama CAN'T play any better than this. This was their A game and it wasn't as good as Florida's B game. I'm sure UF looked at the schedule that they have before them, and this looked like the weakest opponent they will have for several weeks. They came out flat in the first half and it almost cost them.

JPW may turn out to be a good QB in the future, but when you have to put the game in his hands because he is your only option, you have trouble.

I am less concerned about playing either of these teams than I was before this game. Florida's A game still concerns me. If Alabama can't put together some kind of a run game, they will have a hard time with everybody they play. I was TOTALLY unimpressed by their entire backfield.

Bama did not score an offensive touchdown.

Sarah Jessica shows raw talent, but he's obviously a work still in progress. Turnover-itis.

Urban Meyer has learned more about what it takes to win in the SEC. More defense. More conservatism.

He also apparently has learned how to make adjustments as the game progresses.

Wilson Obvservations:

Always seems to throw the ball under pressure.

Got away with a few passes while being sacked.

Florida started making plays on his erratic throws

Overall.. I thought JPW got away with a few crazy throws and then it caught up with him at the end of the game. I think he will be pretty good though. Definately a worry to me in the future against Alabama.

I am not sure what to make of the game. Did Florida underperform in the game or could it be that.. gulp.. Bama is actually decent..? Bama gave them fits until the 4th quarter, away from home. Imagine now, Iron Bowl, their home turf, trying to end the skid and possibly dethrone the 2nd ranked team in the nation. I see Bama being a much tougher fight than I had originally anticipated.

I am not sure what to make of the game. Did Florida underperform in the game or could it be that.. gulp.. Bama is actually decent..? Bama gave them fits until the 4th quarter, away from home. Imagine now, Iron Bowl, their home turf, trying to end the skid and possibly dethrone the 2nd ranked team in the nation. I see Bama being a much tougher fight than I had originally anticipated.

Personally, the jury is still out. Up until the other day, I thought we were going to thrash UF. I thought the speed of our D would absolutely dominate the spread O and give our O plenty of playing time. The D's armor does still have some chinks at this point in the season, and now I can see the UF game being a good fight. UF really hasn't played anyone too tough yet either. UT is a good team, but I think we'd take them to the shed. The Tebow thing kills me. Why don't coaches blitz 8 when they see him in the game?

Bama I don't think is going to be too competitive against us or LSU. They have a good team, but lack consistency and are fairly one dimensional right now. WILSON looks to be better than Croyle, or at least will be soon when he matures. Their receivers are flat out good. We'll beat them, but the score won't be as lopsided as I would like. They're going to score late to make it respectable at the end, just like the last 3 years. I bet uat has a good shot against UT this year.

Personally, the jury is still out. Up until the other day, I thought we were going to thrash UF. I thought the speed of our D would absolutely dominate the spread O and give our O plenty of playing time. The D's armor does still have some chinks at this point in the season, and now I can see the UF game being a good fight. UF really hasn't played anyone too tough yet either. UT is a good team, but I think we'd take them to the shed. The Tebow thing kills me. Why don't coaches blitz 8 when they see him in the game?

Bama I don't think is going to be too competitive against us or LSU. They have a good team, but lack consistency and are fairly one dimensional right now. WILSON looks to be better than Croyle, or at least will be soon when he matures. Their receivers are flat out good. We'll beat them, but the score won't be as lopsided as I would like. They're going to score late to make it respectable at the end, just like the last 3 years. I bet uat has a good shot against UT this year.

Big six, I think JPW looks a good bit better than Croyle. You gotta wonder what Bama would have if they were playing JPW more last year. He needs a little more experience, but I think he will be very good in the end.

Once Johnny Walker Wilson stops throwing off his back foot, he might make a decent QB. He was obiously rattled in the 2nd half of that game.

I was thinking the same thing he has a strong arm but he gets into trouble throwing off his back foot

i remember one pass that was almost an INT in the end zone in the first half from JPW not planting and throwing off his back foot. i was very impressed with the way he stays in the pocket when pressured and hangs in there and can make the play. but like you guys are saying, it seems like sometimes he is just trying to force something that isn't there. there seemed to be alot of things going our way in the first half. if we can play like that in the iron bowl, hopefully we can hang with you guys. florida didn't even get its first first down until about halfway thru the 2nd quarter. not bad considering we weren't really given a snowball's chance in the first place anyways =P

but in the end it really doesn't matter how impressive the 1st half was, because in the 2nd half we lost it. we have to find some way to score something other than a field goal from the red zone. hopefully next week will be better.....congrats to florida tho, good game!

I thought that was pretty funny that Florida fumbled the ball at the end while trying to run up the score. Voters may like that stuff, but I can bet that just about every person watching that game, except for Florida fans, were thinking it was a stupid thing to be doing. If Tebow would have gotten hurt, how would they have justified it?

JPW started out good, but the Florida D started getting to him in the 4th quarter finally. Got to get credit to UAT for hanging in there most of the game. I was alot closer then I thought it would be.

Didn't bother Shula last year when he called that pass play and Prothro got hurt. UF struggled till the 4th against Bama but pulled it out. Shula has got a gamer at qb in Wilson but he had/will have some growing pains this season. I like Bama's wideouts but for some reason BG's "5 SEC caliber runningbacks" haven't shown up much so far. Leak is a cold customer and he won't be fazed coming to Jordan-Hare in a few weeks, but right now I just wanna get the victory over Nutt.

I don't know what the deal is, but Bama has given up one LOOOOOONG TD drive in every single game this year. They play solid after that, but they always give it up.

That's pretty common to a lot of teams...it's very difficult to have that intensity every single time out on D.

:au::homer:

Archived