Arkansas Boards

DCWarEagle

Hogville=Civility

woopig= frick frick frick. McFrickin frick frickin fro.

o rly?

That's funny b/c just this morning I read this post on Hogville...

I have been visiting Hogville for a couple years now. I am glad to have found it but I can see how someone could get burned out. The conversation can get heated at times, which is to be expected on a message board. If you can't take criticism, this might not be for you. The problem, I feel, is a general pessimism that permeates MMQ.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love woopig, just for the fact that they have their own language. Arkansas is too one dimensional, Mustain is no Matt Jones, he isn't even a Jeff Klein.

I think you mean Matt Jones is no Mitch Mustain.

Hogville=Civility

o rly?

I have been visiting Hogville for a couple years now. I am glad to have found it but I can see how someone could get burned out. The conversation can get heated at times, which is to be expected on a message board. If you can't take criticism, this might not be for you. The problem, I feel, is a general pessimism that permeates MMQ.

Hey if the criticism is too much for you at Hogville, you need a life.

Woopig, is fine for some of you folks. It is just not for me. I like to actually talk about something rather than just slam people 24/7. The idea that the guy came over here, got the wife and kids names and drug them into it was just too low to deal with. He couldnt take me on, he had to drag innocents into it. If you like that juvenile crap, please see the AOL and al.com message boards. You can post a hundred "you suck" posts a day on both of them.

Hogville is a bunch of sunshine pumping and rah rah, much like Nutt himself.

WP has deteriorated a bit since many of the better posters passed on to a better place, but if you look, you can still find a few gems.

I found this quote on a score prediction thread.

"Auburn is going to take us out for a nice seafood dinner and never call us again."

Some folks over here don't like the place and one can't go back, but there is still some value in wasting a few minutes over there on occasion.

Hogville=Civility

Anyway, the moment one guy on woopig talked about how he had fathered my two kids I just had to to remind him that he hadnt gotten an erection since before Emilee was born. Told him to get caught up his child support checks, Kim and I were going to use the money to buy Auburn tickets.

Anyway, I never go there anymore.

Now that's funny.

Hogville=Civility

o rly?

Woopig, is fine for some of you folks. It is just not for me. I like to actually talk about something rather than just slam people 24/7. The idea that the guy came over here, got the wife and kids names and drug them into it was just too low to deal with. He couldnt take me on, he had to drag innocents into it. If you like that juvenile crap, please see the AOL and al.com message boards. You can post a hundred "you suck" posts a day on both of them.

David,

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience over there, but if you had read a little more, you would have seen that the guy who said all that crap was really everyone’s whipping boy over there and he finally found someone else that he could actually pick on. Unfortunately, that person was you. They actually ran that guy off.

The other WP folks on here can tell you some horror stories about Love Sausage/Splurge.

As I said in an earlier post, WP has gone down hill a bit. But in its heyday, it was the best site out there.

You run a good place over here and I read it regularly to keep up with the Auburn family. I have not always been a frequent poster, but I never stopped reading the stuff.

I will admit that if someone had come after my family my first day over there, I would have gotten mad as well. So I do not blame you for getting upset. However, you didn’t exactly take the high road either.

The criticism on Hogville isn't too much for me, my point was that it's no more "civil" than Woopig. On the surface maybe. If you go over there and say, hey good luck on Saturday, they'll probalby give you a back rub. But in reality it's exactly the same as Woopig. Only more redundant and not as funny.

Guest Tigrinum Major

one can't go back,

Not entirely true, it just takes more effort than its worth most of the time.

The seafood dinner comment is classic woopig.

Hogville=Civility

o rly?

David,

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience over there, but if you had read a little more, you would have seen that the guy who said all that crap was really everyone’s whipping boy over there and he finally found someone else that he could actually pick on. Unfortunately, that person was you. They actually ran that guy off.

The other WP folks on here can tell you some horror stories about Love Sausage/Splurge.

As I said in an earlier post, WP has gone down hill a bit. But in its heyday, it was the best site out there.

You run a good place over here and I read it regularly to keep up with the Auburn family. I have not always been a frequent poster, but I never stopped reading the stuff.

I will admit that if someone had come after my family my first day over there, I would have gotten mad as well. So I do not blame you for getting upset. However, you didn’t exactly take the high road either.

My first post over there was inviting them over here for friendly rivals, shared links, etc.

I immediately got an pm from the Admins telling me that I was "going to get it now." They told me that the more civil you were the more they would come after you.

Within the next 3-4 MINUTES That place was all over me and dragging my wife and kids into namecalling.

I just have better ways to spend my time.

Pitiful site if you ask me..........

Please clarify.

I don't think your brethern approve of your mistress. We love you though. You want me to send you a Hog Hat?

I can give him one. Got one on my desk right here. ( I lived in Fayetteville for five years. Great place!)

Guest Tigrinum Major

I don't think your brethern approve of your mistress. We love you though. You want me to send you a Hog Hat?

I'd rather have an Arkansas baseball jersey with my name on the back.

Hook it up, C.

I'd rather have an Arkansas baseball jersey with my name on the back.

Hook it up, C.

will you settle for a white wife beater with your screenname scrawled on the back in magic marker?

Its funny reading the boards over there its hard to find a post about us....on both hogville and Whoopig they are all saying we are gonna kill them and how much they wish they had CTT as their head coach.

Its funny reading the boards over there its hard to find a post about us....on both hogville and Whoopig they are all saying we are gonna kill them and how much they wish they had CTT as their head coach.

Yeah, we are pretty realistic.

Woopig is pitiful...........sorry I did not clarify! Went to check out the site and all I saw was posters blasting their coach and slamming anybody that did not have a boars head on...........I mean I hate me some Bammer but we even tolerate them around here with a little class and dignity, it seemed to me that those guys and girls have a little too much pinned up aggression for my taste. I guess if I need to revisit the 3rd or 4th grade slams I will go back for a peek, but other than that..........I'd rather listen to Lou Holtz sing the national anthem!

Archived