new bcs rankings

bojack34

#4, #5... both are higher than what we deserve.. so I will take either one gladly! Seriously though, there's nothing to gripe about when an undefeated team jumped over us. It was a crime last week when we were over WV. Now let's just play our games, win out, and hope every team ahead of us loses. :)

We had our shot and it got away from us.

I'll argue that the Arkansas loss didn't affect the BCS in any way. Would be exactly where we are had we won that game.

That could change as Arkansas continues to win.

Your crazy. If :au: beat :arky: , you guys would be at least #3. I seriously think you guys would have been #2. On another note.....(this is not targeted at AU).......I seriously think that the BCS needs to take into account conference champs. I seriously dont think that a team should have the chance to play in the NC if they cant win their conference. I realize this happened once before, but after this season....it needs to be fixed. Ok :au: ......fire away now

We had our shot and it got away from us.

I'll argue that the Arkansas loss didn't affect the BCS in any way. Would be exactly where we are had we won that game.

That could change as Arkansas continues to win.

Your crazy. If :au: beat :arky: , you guys would be at least #3. I seriously think you guys would have been #2. On another note.....(this is not targeted at AU).......I seriously think that the BCS needs to take into account conference champs. I seriously dont think that a team should have the chance to play in the NC if they cant win their conference. I realize this happened once before, but after this season....it needs to be fixed. Ok :au: ......fire away now

No argument from me. Can't make much of an argument for playing in the MNC when you can't even win your conference... That's like running before learning how to walk:)

What the last two guys said. Right now I'm hoping the Hogs choke down the stretch and we win the West, otherwise I'd like to see us win out and get a BCS at-large bid...possibly an Orange Bowl against Clemson or BC.

Anyone see Barry Alvarez(Wisconsin AD) on Fox Sports say he would not have put W. Virginia ahead of Auburn. He was somewhat surprised of the flip.

Out of the top 5 BCS teams, AU has the best chance to finish the year undefeated. Michigan plays Ohio State, Louisville plays WVU, and USC still plays Cal and ND. I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, but assuming you run the table on the season, I think you guys may be better off in the NC hunt by Arky running the table as well. Sure, you wouldn't be in the SECCG, but at #5 in the BCS, does is really hurt?

If Arky runs the table and wins the SEC they will (or should) be ranked above Auburn.

I agree that if a team doesn't win its conference it does not deserve a shot at the MNC. Obviously if there is a weird confluence of events and Auburn gets that shot I will take it and be happy w/ it, but I would say it wasn't quite right.

Also, as far as the rankings, I think we are higher than we should be and fully expect us to drop a couple of spots if the other teams directly behind us continue to win. We got two good wins, but our loss to the Hogs really does mean that we blew our best chance.

BTW, Arkansas set the bar for beating Ole Miss. If we are somehow trying to argue that we deserve our spot ahead of them (even though they beat us on offense, defense, special teams and the scoreboard) we need to take the Rebs behind the woodshed and abuse them. If Arkansas wins out they deserve to be ahead of us.

Yeah, WVU edged above us. That's ok. They're undefeated. Main thing that happened is that we dropped slightly in the computer polls after the Tulane game.

We just gotta keep winning. It'll all be moot unless we do that and we'll still need all but one of the undefeateds to fall to have a shot even then.

Right-o. When :au: is 12-1 and SEC champion, gripe all you want about the BCS. At that point, :au: will have done all in its power to get to the Championship. Even that, however, requires not one, but two losses by :arky: . Even if it doesn't happen, though, I, for one, would be very happy with 11-1 and an at-large BCS berth.

That said, expect :om: to come out swinging this weekend. Remember what happened the last time :arky: embarrassed an SEC West opponent . . . Kind of glad to have the 11:30 kickoff.

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT :om: !!!

Is anyone actually laboring under the delusion that we are in contention for a national championship? I just hope we can get to Atlanta.

I'm with you. And even that is thinking too far ahead IMHO. There is a reason they call the part of the season we are about to get into "Amen Corner."

We need to go old school SEC in every game and just worry about coming out with more points than the bad guys. Forget style points. Forget the BSBCS. Forget everything else except beating Ole Miss, UGA, and bammer.

I like many others here am a huge one game at a time guy...and of course I hope the team takes each game at a time and deals with each opponent as they come up, and not look down the schedule. Having said that....I know that there would need to be several things to happen in order for us to sneak into the BCS national championship game without even playing in the SEC Championship game, but I for one think that perhaps something like that is what is needed for people to realize how stupid the BCS is...even though Oklahoma lost their Big 12 championship game big time a few years ago and still got to play LSU....but honestly I think it'd be great if of all the teams to be the ones to benefit from such a fluke in the flawed system it would be Auburn to make it into the BCS title game without having played for their conference championship. It only seems fitting to me that a team snubbed by the system a few years earlier would be the one to benefit from the stupid thing, but then again, I of course would sympathize with a Big East team that was undefeated at the end of the year but was denied a shot....hopefully if Auburn does win out the rest of the way, we get a BCS bid, and if it is to the BCS title game, we'll have played in the SEC Championship game and won, and everyone who needs to lose in front of us does, that way we don't get in because of the BCS being so screwed up, but of course if we do get in because it's messed up, I'll take the title shot!!

War Eagle! One Game at a Time!!

Yeah, WVU edged above us. That's ok. They're undefeated. Main thing that happened is that we dropped slightly in the computer polls after the Tulane game.

We just gotta keep winning. It'll all be moot unless we do that and we'll still need all but one of the undefeateds to fall to have a shot even then.

UH...they're undefeated, and they've played ONE team with a winning record. We beat FLORIDA and LS_WHO!!! The Bull C Sheite is a waste! The teams we have played have a total plus record...and the teams they've played have a total losing record. It's a joke.... :no:

:au::homer:

Is anyone actually laboring under the delusion that we are in contention for a national championship? I just hope we can get to Atlanta.

I wouldn't call watching the BCS rankings as "laboring." The fact remains: AU is in the top 5 and at least 4 of the teams ranked higher have a good possibility of losing before the regular season is over. It's a slim chance but a chance all the same. Nobody said the BCS has to make sense -- I definately am under no delusion about that! :au: WDE

DIRECT quote from a Sports Animal personality when I called n today,

"Auburn ha noone to blame but themselves if they get bumped out of a BCS title game with their scheduling!"

I brought up how Mich. PSU,and Notre Dame ducked a home and home with AU but they still stuck to their guns...

I think :au: has no one to blame after we let :arky: beat the "H" "E" "Doubly Hockey Sticks" out of us at home on national televisoin.

If we had won that game we would be in good shape right now.

if we can win out, and arky drop 2, face-off with florida one more time and win again, i would love for us to get to the title game and one of those talking head idiots say,"it would be impossible for us to deny auburn the shot at the title this year because it is so hard to beat the same team twice in the same year and other high ranked teams(what happened in 2004, tenn, ga, lsu)." we need every other thing that needs to happen to somehow happen, at this point it would take a series of fortunate events, but if it comes about i will take it any possible waywe can get it. people who think that you can't get up for every game will never win a national title.... you have to find a way to impose your will. at this point we are on the malcolm X plan, "by any means necessary." we need to win every game we suit up for this yearfrom here on out, no excuses........

No, BCS chances are gone. We were only ranked #4 because our schedule was top heavy. From here on out, even if we keep winning, we'll be on the slide down the BCS ladder because of our remaining schedule. Ole Miss, Georgia, and bammer do nothing for us.

Our best case scenario is Arky losing to UT and LSU and we win out.

Only way we have a chance to get in is if Michigan loses bad to Ohio state, USC loses 2, WV and Louisville lose to Rutgers and/or eachother and Florida doesn't win the SEC (AU or Ark win).

So yeah, we should just worry about winning our games and enjoying a strong possibility of going to Tuscaloosa with a 10-1 record. Hopefully all this thumb talk doesn't backfire.

i think you guys get a BCS bowl game, but i really dont know about the NC. Even if you guys go to Atlanta, and win..........will the polls allow you to be ahead of USC (who could possibly stay unbeaten), and WVU (another unbeaten)........it seems that alot has to happen, i seriously dont like the BCS....I think AU can beat WVU and USC, something needs to be changed........it is a double edge sword, I would love to be in that spot (looking at it from bama's view), but it would suck to get screwed over twice.

Archived