new bcs rankings

bojack34

yeah you may be right my bad. I can't find the update anywhere else.

Yeah, WVU edged above us. That's ok. They're undefeated. Main thing that happened is that we dropped slightly in the computer polls after the Tulane game.

We just gotta keep winning. It'll all be moot unless we do that and we'll still need all but one of the undefeateds to fall to have a shot even then.

Apparently beating a 3-4 UConn team is better than beating a 2-5 Tulane. We gotta hope UGA will beat UF and move up in the ranks. WVU has two ranked opponents left to play, L'ville and Rutgers. We only have UGA, who is currently at 25 and not far from falling out of it. Now with the BCS starting later those in essence those quality wins (then ranked top 10 LSU) doesn't matter as much now, b/c the team as "gotten worse". Which is crap, we all know that LSU and UF are as good as advertised. The computer rankings are such crap as well as other rankings for that matter. UF moving up 2 spots with a bye week?? Obviously coaches thought ND didn't play as well as UF not playing.

Interesting to note that Washington St., one of our so-called easy games that people complained about, is ranked 25th, higher than bama.

Guys/Gals, our bcs rating will continue to fall with the schedule we have remaining. Ole miss is horrible, Arky State is arky state, Uga is going down hard this upcoming weekend, and bammar is a drag on anybodies schedule. The only ranked team we can play the balance of the season is in the seccg and/or the bowl game. We can't complain. We had our shot and it got away from us. Let's just kick a$$ the rest of the way and watch the bcs crumble when there are no or only one undefeateed team.

Guys/Gals, our bcs rating will continue to fall with the schedule we have remaining. Ole miss is horrible, Arky State is arky state, Uga is going down hard this upcoming weekend, and bammar is a drag on anybodies schedule. The only ranked team we can play the balance of the season is in the seccg and/or the bowl game. We can't complain. We had our shot and it got away from us. Let's just kick a$$ the rest of the way and watch the bcs crumble when there are no or only one undefeateed team.

I'm hoping there is one undefeated and about 4 or 5 one loss teams OR about 4 or 5 one loss teams. That will send the BCS into hysteria. There will be a bunch of upset folks.

I thought the BCS took a team's opponents' updated records into account, not necessarily just record/ranking at the time being played. So it doesn't really matter if UGA beats UF. That might affect human pollsters more, however.

Yeah, we didn't show up for Arky so we can quit worrying about BCS. We just need to keep winning and have Arky drop a couple. That's our best shot at this point.

think about this one though... would we be better off (assuming that arkansas loses two games) playing a highly ranked UF in the SECCG or a lower ranked tennessee who's only loss is to UF?

Yea, we all know the AU SOS will hurt us.

If Texas had lost... AU would've had another .04 points (through the human polls), which would've been nice. We will get that .04 points when the WVU/UL winner goes down and I'm going to be interested in how low Michigan drop when they lose. I am rooting for WVU and Texas to lose a game, but time shall see. All I want is for AU to beat Bama

Why are you complaining? We're lucky to be 5th after our pantswetting against Arkansas. Personally I think we should be sending roses to the BCS selection committee for their generosity.

Just wondering, if Louisville beats West Virginia, would that be enough to cause them to leap over Texas, Florida and Auburn, or are they screwed regardless?

IMO, I'd like to see WV, UL and Rutgers give each other a loss.

Out of the top 5 BCS teams, AU has the best chance to finish the year undefeated. Michigan plays Ohio State, Louisville plays WVU, and USC still plays Cal and ND. I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, but assuming you run the table on the season, I think you guys may be better off in the NC hunt by Arky running the table as well. Sure, you wouldn't be in the SECCG, but at #5 in the BCS, does is really hurt?

IMHO. Just based on the up and down performance of Auburn this year, I'm not sure winning the NC is a realistic goal, but getting two SEC teams into BCS games might be, that would be good for the conference. Especially if both could manage wins. Here's a logical prediction:

CBS Sportsline Bowl Predictions

Interesting to note that Washington St., one of our so-called easy games that people complained about, is ranked 25th, higher than bama.

Bama has a football program???

IMHO. Just based on the up and down performance of Auburn this year, I'm not sure winning the NC is a realistic goal, but getting two SEC teams into BCS games might be, that would be good for the conference. Especially if both could manage wins. Here's a logical prediction:

CBS Sportsline Bowl Predictions

Wow, check out the Music City bowl prediction. Lock your doors Nashville. :poke::roflol: Thugfest.

Out of the top 5 BCS teams, AU has the best chance to finish the year undefeated. Michigan plays Ohio State, Louisville plays WVU, and USC still plays Cal and ND. I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, but assuming you run the table on the season, I think you guys may be better off in the NC hunt by Arky running the table as well. Sure, you wouldn't be in the SECCG, but at #5 in the BCS, does is really hurt?

Actually Louisville has the best chance to go undefeated, if they beat UWV. That is the last major hurdle for them this season. The UWV/UL winner will still have to play a tough Rutgers team...

Actually Louisville has the best chance to go undefeated, if they beat UWV. That is the last major hurdle for them this season. The UWV/UL winner will still have to play a tough Rutgers team...

They both have to play Rutgers this season, and I wouldn't be suprised at all if they upset at least one of them. They are playing very well this year. Pitt was a good team and they handled what was supposed to be a challenge pretty easy.

We had our shot and it got away from us.

I'll argue that the Arkansas loss didn't affect the BCS in any way. Would be exactly where we are had we won that game.

That could change as Arkansas continues to win.

Archived