Get ready for a new head DEMON

CCTAU

Just the thought of it makes me sick. I could stomach just about anyone else but her or ole Teddy. I figure it will take only a couple of more years before the country relizes they have been screwed again. The only race that gave me hope was the Connecticut folks who voted for Lieberman.

I heard a little of some Ohio dims speach. He thinks the dims are gonna pull us out of Iraq. Are these people that STUPID. Defeatests trying to drag us down with them.

Thank goodness Georgia stands on its own two feet.

Last I looked a minute ago, there are 3 undecided senate seats that the dems need all of to have a majority, and at least one of them looks like has a fari chance of staying red... assuming that happens and they don't get the majority, they probably aren't going to get too far with their agenda... all it means is 2 years of a bogged down government because nobody will be able to get anything done.

Last I looked a minute ago, there are 3 undecided senate seats that the dems need all of to have a majority, and at least one of them looks like has a fari chance of staying red... assuming that happens and they don't get the majority, they probably aren't going to get too far with their agenda... all it means is 2 years of a bogged down government because nobody will be able to get anything done.

This country is SCREWED for a couple of years. Hope you enjoyed the prosperity and stability we've had. Don't count on it lasting. Your paycheck is about to get skull-888888. And that turd rolls downhill.

I cannot believe how utterly STUPID people in this country can be. There should be an IQ test before you get to vote. Then they should show you a list of candidates in a line-up and make sure you can match the names to the faces, the faces to the races, the faces to at least one platform/position and the person to their political party. Fail and you can't vote. Newspapers should be prohibited from writing about politics and television and radio should be prohibited from talking about it.

This election was completely manipulated by the lies, mistruths and misconceptions perpetuated by the press. And the idiot sheep who baaaaa right along with whatever sheepherder Katie Couric and douche**** like her tell them to think. PA-*******-THETIC.

This country is SCREWED for a couple of years. Hope you enjoyed the prosperity and stability we've had. Don't count on it lasting. Your paycheck is about to get skull-888888. And that turd rolls downhill.

I cannot believe how utterly STUPID people in this country can be. There should be an IQ test before you get to vote. Then they should show you a list of candidates in a line-up and make sure you can match the names to the faces, the faces to the races, the faces to at least one platform/position and the person to their political party. Fail and you can't vote. Newspapers should be prohibited from writing about politics and television and radio should be prohibited from talking about it.

This election was completely manipulated by the lies, mistruths and misconceptions perpetuated by the press. And the idiot sheep who baaaaa right along with whatever sheepherder Katie Couric and douche**** like her tell them to think. PA-*******-THETIC.

You, sir, are the political equivalent of a bammer. You lost the game not because you turned the ball over five times, went for it on fourth and fifteen and ran for minus fifty yards. No. That wasn't it...it was the refs. It was the NCAA sanctions a jillion years ago. Yeah...that's it. It wasn't us.

The media. That's truly sad, dude. The first excuse from the self-professed "party of personal responsibility." The media!!! :roflol: Tell me, was it the media distancing itself from Bush like Charlie Crist did in Fl.? Three words on why the reps lost the House and very possibly the Senate: STAY THE COURSE.

The media!!! :roflol:

You, sir, are the political equivalent of a bammer. You lost the game not because you turned the ball over five times, went for it on fourth and fifteen and ran for minus fifty yards. No. That wasn't it...it was the refs. It was the NCAA sanctions a jillion years ago. Yeah...that's it. It wasn't us.

The media. That's truly sad, dude. The first excuse from the self-professed "party of personal responsibility." The media!!! :roflol: Tell me, was it the media distancing itself from Bush like Charlie Crist did in Fl.? Three words on why the reps lost the House and very possibly the Senate: STAY THE COURSE.

Well said. Galen's a political Bammer. Yep, that fits. :roflol:

Yep, Rick Santorum, once-probable presidential candidate in 2008, went down in flames in Pa. and it was all due to Katie Couric!!! Another once-probable, George Allen, in the libbie capital of Virginia, may well have lost his re-election bid because of the media!!! It's not because they're wingnuts who are out of touch with their constituency, it's the media and the stupid voters!!!

So, the yappy little dog caught the car. Now what ?

It's easy to accuse the other guy of incompetence and say how much better you'd do things when you're back seat driving. Now the Dems have the House. We'll FINALLY be able to see what glorious ideas they've got planned. Let's see how the people really like what they've been sold.

I would suggest that a few of you consider moving out of the country before the sky falls. Hell, there's bound to be plenty of open housing in Mexico after the Republican administration allowed them in and now wants to adopt them.

Canada, eh?

Yep, the media is at fault, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reily, Valentine, North, Liddy, etc. If not for them, the Republicans would have lost many more seats.

I also noticed that Bush's sources of intelligence have not changed since he started the Iraq War. Just this week he was openly predicting that the Republicans would maintain control of both houses. It seems that lying comes easy for Republicans. After all, the citizens should not know the truth.

As far as IQ tests, I think those who call for one should be tested first. If there is no detectible reading as I suspect, then the testing program should end.

You've got 2 years. You have no new ideas, nobody else to blame it on, and you are gonna vote in Pelosi as your leader. The next election will bring out all of the republicans who were just too sick to vote this time. You did not win this, you were allowed a chance inorder for the conservatives to get the republicans attention. Do not think that you are the party of the future. In the next few years you will infuriate the conservative base , just like in the past, and you will once again be sent back to the waiting area.

But hey. Where I am from we don't have to worry about you little pissant dims. We know what we want and we have conservative republicans doing the job they are elected to do. Too bad the midwest couldn't stand up and hold fast. I heard one guy form Ohio say how we are getting out of Iraq now. Loser and delusional.

Well said. Galen's a political Bammer. Yep, that fits. :roflol:

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I vote for whoever I think will do the best job regardless of party. That said, I looked at the election results last night and saw that in far too many cases voters elected the biggest idiot of the available choices.

The liberal media -- the Couric's, the networks, most of the cable stations, pretty much everything outside of FoxNews and AM radio -- has taken every possible shot it can at the current administration. I disagree with that. They spent months telling us that the conservative base was going to get killed in the elections and that every decision made that didn't agree with their personal agenda was a heinous abuse of power. I disagree with that. Media should be unbiased and report the news, not attempt to orchestrate it -- no matter which direction that particular media outlet leans.

Could we have handled the Iraq war better? ABSOLUTELY. Do you know why it's in the mess it's in now? Because the administration wasn't strong enough. Instead of doing what had to be done no matter who it pissed off, we tried to pander to the middle/left and do just enough war not to make them mad. Should have gone in with both feet and a cannon and obliterated the place. Otherwise stay home.

But other than that, what's the problem? The country's economy teetered on the brink after the ruinous Clinton policies, but just look where we are now? Unemployment is low, wages are high, business is expanding. We weathered giant scandals and emerged with prosperity intact. Personal prosperity. I'm all for that. I despise entitlement programs. I'm not interested in working my ass off so some other slacker can get a greater portion of my income to sit on his ass at home and watch Cartoon Network.

People in this country -- as evidenced by some of those who've posted in this thread -- are gullible sheep. Baaaa, baaa, baaaa little sheep. You'll regret your choices soon enough.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I vote for whoever I think will do the best job regardless of party. That said, I looked at the election results last night and saw that in far too many cases voters elected the biggest idiot of the available choices.

The liberal media -- the Couric's, the networks, most of the cable stations, pretty much everything outside of FoxNews and AM radio -- has taken every possible shot it can at the current administration. I disagree with that. They spent months telling us that the conservative base was going to get killed in the elections and that every decision made that didn't agree with their personal agenda was a heinous abuse of power. I disagree with that. Media should be unbiased and report the news, not attempt to orchestrate it -- no matter which direction that particular media outlet leans.

Could we have handled the Iraq war better? ABSOLUTELY. Do you know why it's in the mess it's in now? Because the administration wasn't strong enough. Instead of doing what had to be done no matter who it pissed off, we tried to pander to the middle/left and do just enough war not to make them mad. Should have gone in with both feet and a cannon and obliterated the place. Otherwise stay home.

But other than that, what's the problem? The country's economy teetered on the brink after the ruinous Clinton policies, but just look where we are now? Unemployment is low, wages are high, business is expanding. We weathered giant scandals and emerged with prosperity intact. Personal prosperity. I'm all for that. I despise entitlement programs. I'm not interested in working my ass off so some other slacker can get a greater portion of my income to sit on his ass at home and watch Cartoon Network.

People in this country -- as evidenced by some of those who've posted in this thread -- are gullible sheep. Baaaa, baaa, baaaa little sheep. You'll regret your choices soon enough.

You sir, should have your own radio show! Good points!

Some of this is directly copied from a post I made in another thread, but is still relevant to this discussion.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Pelosi's majority is still slim, President Bush still has a veto, a tie in the Senate means Cheney does his job, and not all Democrats will support her if her agenda goes off the left end. In my mind, this really is not a bad thing. It will be a two year long campaign ad for whatever Republican decides to run for President in 2008, a good reminder to the American people of why we can't have a Dem in the White House. After so many years of Repub control, people tend to forget that the Dems are much worse - this will be a great wake up call.

The only thing this Dem House/Congress will accomplish is creating work for DC lawyers as the subpoenas start to fly like snow. It will be investigation after hearing after muckracking, in a vicious and ultimately useless attempt to discredit a lame duck President. The Dems would be better off trying to come up with an alternative to Pres Bush and the Repubs rather than bashing the current administration who will be gone in two years anyway. But they won't - Henry Waxman already has a hit list, and the thought of John Conyers running Judiciary is appalling, about as bad as an IMPEACHED JUDGE as the head of Intelligence. Fabulous.

I agree that the R's shot themselves in the foot - they did not listen to their base. But I also think that the next two years are not going to be that bad, and that it will be a good thing, to get the R's back on track. The worst of it will be all the gleeful nasty vicious "scandal" the Dems are going to try and rake up - I am SO SICK of that crap. Yet another history lesson the Dems will not learn - the R's went after Clinton and it cost them. Going after Bush and this administration will get them nowhere. They need to focus on using this time to pull together an agenda that will appeal to people other than alternative lifestyle ecoterrorist vegan trust fund baby pacifists from California.

So, in two years, the Dems will not be able to point to one single concrete thing that shows why they deserve to sit in the Big Boy Chair. They will try to run again on how corrupt the R's are, how corrupt Bush is, see all the investigations we did? See? SEE!! Unfortunately, that won't work this time - Bush isn't running, his adminstration will be gone, and the Dems STILL will have no alternative plan for the direction of this country. The country goes right back to Red in 2008.

Man. You guys are a bunch of chicken littles. If this were a 100-seat shift that would one thing. But if you think most of these newly-minted Democrats, especially the ones from the Southern states, are going to march in lockstep with Moonbeam Pelosi, then you're mistaken.

Man. You guys are a bunch of chicken littles. If this were a 100-seat shift that would one thing. But if you think most of these newly-minted Democrats, especially the ones from the Southern states, are going to march in lockstep with Moonbeam Pelosi, then you're mistaken.

I sure hope you are right. Unfortunately, dims see what happened to Lieberman and they do not feel they could come out on top as an independent. So they will not stray far from their masters. Both parties are the same right now. The only thing they are doing is trying to keep their office.

Yep. These moron media radicals have a good deal of the country believing that all Dems are bed-wetting libbies. This is simply not true. It is a shame what the radical media is doing to divide our citizens.

I loved the statement above that the country will be right back in the red in 2008. Well, it took the Repubs 6 years to get us in the red we are in now. It will take longer than that to get the national debt back under control. If the Repubs take over again in 2008, she's right. They'll continue their spend more/tax the rich less policy.

I wonder how it feels to be on the radical right today?

Yep. These moron media radicals have a good deal of the country believing that all Dems are bed-wetting libbies. This is simply not true. It is a shame what the radical media is doing to divide our citizens.

I loved the statement above that the country will be right back in the red in 2008. Well, it took the Repubs 6 years to get us in the red we are in now. It will take longer than that to get the national debt back under control. If the Repubs take over again in 2008, she's right. They'll continue their spend more/tax the rich less policy.

I wonder how it feels to be on the radical right today?

Actually, as a percentage of the GDP, the budget deficit is at a lower level than it was for all but three years of the Clinton Administration.

Further, I take exception to your notion that taxing wealthy people more is sound fiscal policy.

Need an example? The Capital Gains Tax was lowered in 2002 from 25% to 15%. For the first year, there was a sharp drop-off in capital gains tax collections. However, in 2005, collections on capital gains taxes have soared to $85 billion dollars, almost twice what they were in 2002, the last year of capital gains being taxed at 25%. And far, far more than what they were under the Clinton administration.

In other words, bother learning the facts before spouting tired slogans of the far left.

Here's an article from MSNBC (hardly a conservative mouthpiece) to back up what I was saying above - nice to know I am not just being a radical right winger today...

Hisotyr suggests power shift may be temporary.

With this history in mind, what do Tuesday’s results suggest for the upcoming Presidential campaign of 2008? It all depends on how Democrats behave once back in power.

Many voters who restored them to leadership on Capitol Hill yesterday did so not because they have suddenly become Nancy Pelosi Democrats, but because they think the existing Republican Congress had grown too self-satisfied and insular and had not done enough to use what Woodrow Wilson called the “whip” of investigation against President Bush.

If Democrats misinterpret history — as Republicans did in 1946 and 1994 — and assume a mandate to enact the most controversial parts of their wish list, they too may find themselves punished in the next General Election by the same Republicans and independents who yesterday swallowed their doubts and voted for the Democrats.

However, if the newly victorious Democrats learn from history and show themselves to be a disciplined party, ready to be unite and govern rather than divide, they may well make the case for a Democratic president in 2008. I just don't think they WILL learn ANYTHING. Hard to be disciplined and not cause division when you are slinging subpoenas left and right... or should I say right and right...

The only thing this Dem House/Congress will accomplish is creating work for DC lawyers as the subpoenas start to fly like snow. It will be investigation after hearing after muckracking, in a vicious and ultimately useless attempt to discredit a lame duck President. The Dems would be better off trying to come up with an alternative to Pres Bush and the Repubs rather than bashing the current administration who will be gone in two years anyway. But they won't - Henry Waxman already has a hit list, and the thought of John Conyers running Judiciary is appalling, about as bad as an IMPEACHED JUDGE as the head of Intelligence. Fabulous.

I agree with you 100%. Americans are in for 2 years of gridlock and witchhunts.

Here's an article from MSNBC (hardly a conservative mouthpiece) to back up what I was saying above - nice to know I am not just being a radical right winger today...

Hisotyr suggests power shift may be temporary.

With this history in mind, what do Tuesday’s results suggest for the upcoming Presidential campaign of 2008? It all depends on how Democrats behave once back in power.

Many voters who restored them to leadership on Capitol Hill yesterday did so not because they have suddenly become Nancy Pelosi Democrats, but because they think the existing Republican Congress had grown too self-satisfied and insular and had not done enough to use what Woodrow Wilson called the “whip” of investigation against President Bush.

If Democrats misinterpret history — as Republicans did in 1946 and 1994 — and assume a mandate to enact the most controversial parts of their wish list, they too may find themselves punished in the next General Election by the same Republicans and independents who yesterday swallowed their doubts and voted for the Democrats.

However, if the newly victorious Democrats learn from history and show themselves to be a disciplined party, ready to be unite and govern rather than divide, they may well make the case for a Democratic president in 2008. I just don't think they WILL learn ANYTHING. Hard to be disciplined and not cause division when you are slinging subpoenas left and right... or should I say right and right...

It IS hard to be disciplined and not cause division, isn't it, Jenny?

Actually, Al, I think the Repubs were TOO disciplined and THAT is what caused the division - a division between themselves and their moderate base like me. They were too disciplined about dealing with the issues the radical right wanted, and not giving a damn about what the moderate right wanted, which are mostly issues that directly affect regular Americans and motivate the independent voter.

I PERSONALLY told my Congressman, John Culberson, that with regards to my immediate concerns for this country, I did not give a rat's ass about gay marriage, that I did not give a rat's ass about abortion rights, that I did not give a rat's ass about stem cell research. As a resident of Houston, Texas, I DO give a rat's ass about illegal immigration, and that I wanted our borders SEALED. In the past two months, an illegal immigrant has killed a police officer, and an illegal immigrant has been arrested and charged with serial rape. I told him that while nothing would make me personally stop voting Republican, that other people might not be so willing to give the Administration the chance - and I was right. TX Gov Rick Perry, for all of his faults, stepped up and has started providing border security that the Federal Government has not. And he easily won re-election. In my opinion, that was the cause. Nearly every border sheriff in Texas endorsed his candidacy, regardless of their own political affiliation. Perry listened to the number one request of his consituency and acted upon it. The Washington crowd has not done this.

Further, our division was not the result of revenge games and BS investigations designed to waste taxpayer dollars on a witchhunt. I can't wait to see the tallies on costs from the crap that is about to come from Judiciary and Government Reform.

Actually, Al, I think the Repubs were TOO disciplined and THAT is what caused the division - a division between themselves and their moderate base like me. They were too disciplined about dealing with the issues the radical right wanted, and not giving a damn about what the moderate right wanted, which are mostly issues that directly affect regular Americans and motivate the independent voter.

I PERSONALLY told my Congressman, John Culberson, that with regards to my immediate concerns for this country, I did not give a rat's ass about gay marriage, that I did not give a rat's ass about abortion rights, that I did not give a rat's ass about stem cell research. As a resident of Houston, Texas, I DO give a rat's ass about illegal immigration, and that I wanted our borders SEALED. In the past two months, an illegal immigrant has killed a police officer, and an illegal immigrant has been arrested and charged with serial rape. I told him that while nothing would make me personally stop voting Republican, that other people might not be so willing to give the Administration the chance - and I was right. TX Gov Rick Perry, for all of his faults, stepped up and has started providing border security that the Federal Government has not. And he easily won re-election. In my opinion, that was the cause. Nearly every border sheriff in Texas endorsed his candidacy, regardless of their own political affiliation. Perry listened to the number one request of his consituency and acted upon it. The Washington crowd has not done this.

Further, our division was not the result of revenge games and BS investigations designed to waste taxpayer dollars on a witchhunt. I can't wait to see the tallies on costs from the crap that is about to come from Judiciary and Government Reform.

Sounds good to me.

They won't. In fact, word is that this will force Pelosi to come more toward the middle with her agenda. As far as investigations go, there will be a few in the House, but trust me... it won't go much further than that. The Dems realize how much work they have to get done, and only will have 2 years to prove to the country they were right about the Rs. They know smokescreens will NOT work.

I saw Bush's press conference and must admit that I was impressed with what he had to say. I also saw Nancy Pelosi's press conference and liked what she said. They both talked about working in a bipartisan way. Neither Bush nor Pelosi has done this to date, but, I'm willing to take both of them at face value. I certainly hope both of them will do what they say. We need it.

They won't. In fact, word is that this will force Pelosi to come more toward the middle with her agenda. As far as investigations go, there will be a few in the House, but trust me... it won't go much further than that. The Dems realize how much work they have to get done, and only will have 2 years to prove to the country they were right about the Rs. They know smokescreens will NOT work.

She said in her conference that impeachment talk was off the table. Maybe they worked out a deal already.

Archived